Buying On The Internet In Uk

slippery when wet

Pls help.

I purchased an item over the internet last tuesday and have had a complete change of circumstances therefore nor requiring the item any more. I was wondering if there is such a thing as a cooling off period for internet purchases fron Uk websites, say 7 days or more where I can cancel and recieve a refund. By the way the item is not due for delivery for 10-14 days.

thanks

Slippery

Pls help.

I purchased an item over the internet last tuesday and have had a complete change of circumstances therefore nor requiring the item any more. I was wondering if there is such a thing as a cooling off period for internet purchases fron Uk websites, say 7 days or more where I can cancel and recieve a refund. By the way the item is not due for delivery for 10-14 days.

thanks

Slippery

best thing you can do is contact the company asap, tell them the truth,. they may may just cancel the deal ( especially if there is a card involved )

Pls help.

thanks

Slippery

No. Cooling off periods ** only ** apply if they came a cold calling at your home orput pressure on you to sign a contract whilst at home. If you go into a sales show room or into a shop (internet or otherwise) then you waive any rights to a cooling off period unless the contract you signed said otherwise.

First thing to check is the refund / cancellation policy of the website. Many of them allow cancellations and refunds but equally so they are within their rights to delivery any time up to 28 days from point of order.

The other option open to you is to request a refund from your credit card stating that the goods did not meet your requirements after receipt and that due to a dispute with the company you want a refund as you have returned the items back. Your credit card company will usually take up the fight on your behalf and get you a refund.

The worst case is that you will get a refund as a credit voucher to shop there again in the future.

Edited by Casanundra

Pls help.

thanks

Slippery........................................................................

................................................................................

I agreed to buy a web cam 10 days ago from a seller in Hong Kong, but didnt pay for it straight away, I never do till about 3 days later. I had one bought for me 2 days later so I sent an e-mail to the seller and he was OK with it, but he couldn't do to much except report me to Ebay and they dont want to lose customers over a $9 transaction.