THAI denies flights will be cancelled for 4 months after May 31

webfact

21 minutes ago, JackGats said:

Can such news be believed? In Spain they had reportedly transformed a skating ring into a morgue. In Italy the tale was that coffin makers could not keep up with demand. In Ecuador corpses were said to be rotting in the streets. It was worse than the Battle of the Somme you see.

The coffin makers could not build them because they were no longer working because everything was blocked for your knowledge.

I have a friend in Italy who told me that Italy has closed all the cemeteries and that only the ovens for the incineration of the dead were in operation and therefore were logically overloaded with overworked because all the dead had to be incinerated so logically we explain the transfer of corpses with military trucks also all the dead were not checked if they had died since C19 but all the dead of C19 had been declared. As you can see, it is very easy to change reality with just one photo well-known in the media world.

Who in the interest of making the pandemic look more serious than it really is?

I think you all know the answer.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Not quite.... The U.S. is already above 60K deaths officially and heading considerably higher, with new deaths lately averaging about 2K a day.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-coronavirus-outbreak-soon-deadlier-195111704.html

And add to the above, there's been considerable reporting this past week that the official death count numbers in the U.S. for the current pandemic likely are undercounting the real CV death toll by varying large extents. 

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/accurate-us-coronavirus-death-count-experts-off-tens/story?id=70385359

61000 out of over 300 million not counting illegals per capita that's low

17 minutes ago, Mike k said:

61000 out of over 300 million not counting illegals per capita that's low

It's a lower per capita death rate that some countries in Europe, but it's also higher than a lot of other countries' per capita death rates for CV.

But more to the point, when you say "that's low," tell that to the 60,000+ dead people in the U.S. and all their friends and family.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

But more to the point, when you say "that's low," tell that to the 60,000+ dead people in the U.S. and all their friends and family.

Yeah, well last year we were telling them they died of flu.

And we did not block economies.

12 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Oh I am just sure he has a PHD or MBA in business administration. Why are the clowns aloud to be in any corporation or organization.  

Because it is similar to how a criminal organisation operates, and qualifications, intellect or ability have absolutely nothing to do with it. 

Just look how other airlines and countries are inching their way back to normality and then you compare it with Thai Airways.

Why flying if you can send all the bills to the Ministry of Finance for settlement? I, for one, would stop flying alltogether and just leave my bank account number.

In hindsight, it might be cheaper for the tax payer if Thai would never fly again and the Finance Ministry just transfers the monthly salaries to the Thai staff! 

On 4/30/2020 at 10:40 AM, lkv said:

Most likely they did not estimate a large enough air traffic to justify opening before that date on this particular route.

They have models for every route that try to take into account all the variables.

Just to hazard a guess, I would say that most people will be hesitant to travel to LOS, especially if the floodgates open and Chinese poor in, people are very worried at present.

America is a mess.

The virus is still erupting in third world countries.

They are stacking dead in bathrooms in Ecuador 

Thailand may well be downplaying the numbers, the precautions out weigh the numbers reported for the disease.

The great dual track train project to poor Chinese into Pattaya (the Covet Express I call it) may well be a financial disaster.

Thailand has lost billions in trade concessions because it ignores slave labour. 

Nz is now at level 3 with only 3 cases today and 86% recovery-- 19 dead.

10% of those affected are care workers, most of the dead are elderly rest home residents.

C19 has ripped through a old soldiers home in Massachusetts.

This is far from over.

I want to come back to LOS, im stuck here in NZ as from 28th Jan, one guy I know is 85 and stuck here his only home was Thailand where he has been for the last 20 years, now costs him 500 dollars a week to stay in a one room sitter.  

so Thailand's tourism industry is a dead duck, same as New Zealand, the Ski fields are closed the NRL might restart under strict confinement rules.

Some football events have given up and cancelled the season.

This is a huge financial disaster, the world was headed for one b4 this happened , now they can blame it on C19.

Look out when Bill Gates launches his Vaccine, it will be compusory, and we all might have to use a tracking app by law.

The new norm is coming , the world will not be the same and it is very stressful for us all.

So stay calm eat well keep your hands out of your mouth when shopping , carry some sanitizer and wipe your trolley when shopping and wash your hands when you get home.

One thing that has been noticed is a major drop in influenza since supermarkets sprayed their trolleys and offer sanitizer for hands.

Stay cool you guys in LOS and take care of your health.

Good luck

Kiwi Keith  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/30/2020 at 3:39 AM, RichardColeman said:

Personally I think 4 months is still very, VERY optimistic about flights beginning.

And maybe longer if Thailand keeps their demands of insurance and certain tests/certificates which you cannot get

Pure speculation on your part. Many airlines, THAI included have put in flight schedules for July 1st. Most destinations are to be restored on that date, at a reduced flight frequency for the first 2-3 months, but Emirates plans to have 5 daily flights to Bangkok by September, alongside a daily Phuket service.

On 4/30/2020 at 5:48 PM, JackGats said:

Can such news be believed? In Spain they had reportedly transformed a skating ring into a morgue. In Italy the tale was that coffin makers could not keep up with demand. In Ecuador corpses were said to be rotting in the streets. It was worse than the Battle of the Somme you see.

Go and have a look yourself. If it's all a lie please post it here,  I want to know. 

Friends of mine don't believe the news either,  so I asked them to go to Strasbourg (3 hours drive) or Bergamo (4 hours drive) to check things out. 

One got upset and told me,  no way would she go and check by herself.  "I have seen lots of videos on You tube,  I am well informed and will not verify things by myself. Why should I do this? "

Edited by uhuh
  • Haha 1

On 4/30/2020 at 6:26 PM, ICELANDMAN said:

The coffin makers could not build them because they were no longer working because everything was blocked for your knowledge.

I have a friend in Italy who told me that Italy has closed all the cemeteries and that only the ovens for the incineration of the dead were in operation and therefore were logically overloaded with overworked because all the dead had to be incinerated so logically we explain the transfer of corpses with military trucks also all the dead were not checked if they had died since C19 but all the dead of C19 had been declared. As you can see, it is very easy to change reality with just one photo well-known in the media world.

Who in the interest of making the pandemic look more serious than it really is?

I think you all know the answer.

Bill Gates, of course.

And the Anunaki.

It's all a set-up.

The truth is: the city of Bergamo doesn't exist at all, neither does the country of Italy exist. I know, video you tube ergo sum.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, uhuh said:

Bill Gates, of course.

And the Anunaki.

It's all a set-up.

The truth is: the city of Bergamo doesn't exist at all, neither does the country of Italy exist. I know, video you tube ergo sum.

It's not a set-up but it's very overblown.

Average age of deaths is 80 years old with multiple comorbidities and yes, it is important because at that age a flu is enough to kill you.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:21 AM, OJAS said:

..and a very significantly increased cost since I would have thought it unlikely that individual flights could be more than half-full max so as to comply with social distancing requirements which don't look like going away any time soon.

My uncle flew back from BKK to the UK last week on Qatar Airways. He said there were 50 people on 1st flight to Doha and 70 people on 2nd flight from Doha to Manchester. Plenty of social distance and 3 seats per passenger too. He paid 44,000 THB one-way economy. The day after arriving he received a "discount" voucher for 100 GBP off next booking. Maybe these prices will be the new normal?    

Edited by soi3eddie

I'm planning on flying to Texas this October. I checked just to see, and both flying then,round trip, in May to June, and October to November, would cost 1067.00 USD That's the normal price I get on Cheapoair when I've flown before.