Thai government lists three types of business which will reopen first

webfact

Thai government lists three types of business which will reopen first

Department-store.jpg

As the COVID-19 situation in Thailand gradually improves, the National Infectious Disease Committee has approved the limited reopening of three types of business.

The first are businesses which provide life’s basic necessities, including non-air conditioned barber shops, wet markets and open-air food shops.

The second type are those with a large customer base and have an impact on the economy, such as shopping malls, restaurants and Thai massage parlors. The third type are those which help to improve health, such as fitness centres, gyms and spas.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-government-lists-three-types-of-business-which-will-reopen-first/

thaipbs.jpg

Not sure if anyone knows but the overseas parcel post deliveries has stopped dead for the last few weeks  and like a million parcels from overseas are dumped somewhere in " protection time" waiting to be proceeded...

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Not sure if anyone knows but the overseas parcel post deliveries has stopped dead for the last few weeks  and like a million parcels from overseas are dumped somewhere in " protection time" waiting to be proceeded...

Yes, I noticed, as 2 friends said they were unable to send international mail to or from Thailand, from Germany and to France. But I can't find any more info. Doesn't seem to be any official announcement.

And what about imports and exports? Chinese goods on Lazada?

2 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Great stuff .. Now you can get the locks shorn , buy some bat's , get some chow in a restaurant , have a massage with a possible half shandy and if you've still got any energy left go and flog yourself in the gym .. Can't wait ...

I always knew it as a 'HAND SHANDY''

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yes, I noticed, as 2 friends said they were unable to send international mail to or from Thailand, from Germany and to France. But I can't find any more info. Doesn't seem to be any official announcement.

And what about the mail in transit?

9 minutes ago, bradiston said:

I received a package from China 2 weeks ago, through lazada

• Like 1

The first are businesses which provide life’s basic necessities, including non-air conditioned barber shops, wet markets and open-air food shops.

I would imagine there are not too many none air-conditioned barber shops........

The second type are those with a large customer base and have an impact on the economy, such as shopping malls, restaurants and Thai massage parlors.

This is a direct contradiction of what they are saying above or are all shopping malls going to turn off their Air-Conditioning systems.......LOL 

The third type are those which help to improve health, such as fitness centres, gyms and spas.

Should that last one be Bars........LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Let's hope you didn't expect a consignment of camembert or brie.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

You do know that 90% of massage shops is Thai on Thai? There are many Thais who live paycheck to paycheck but there are also many who have money who no doubt will enjoy returning to their massages. Outside of tourist areas there is a whole Thailand out there who have plenty of massage shops who will be pleased to open and welcome back local clientele. 

Not everything revolves around tourism for much of the country. 

Yeah we know but most shops in for example Pattaya are 90% tourists

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

i have been receiving orders from lazada ( as have some friends) for the past 2 weeks out of China

• Like 1