Which brush cutter do you use?

Valorian

Hi everyone!

I have some questions concerned to brush cutters. We have an old Remington unit and want to change it.

Which brand and model do you use? I've alredy checked some articles and am thinking about buying Stihl FS40 or cordless Honda but not sure I want to spend a lot of money. Maybe there are could be some good units with a lower price. Share your experience, please ????

Thanks in advance!

Bought a new Honda 4 stroke about 18 months ago. Great little machine! Would buy again if need be. 

Don't waste your time or money buying cheap cr@p. It really is less expensive to pay more at the beginning than to constantly pay to have the cheap stuff repaired reguarly. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, djayz said:

Bought a new Honda 4 stroke about 18 months ago.

Had the same for over five years with no issues (tempting fate!) hate using the thing but a good, reliable piece of machinery.

• Like 1

First off can you get the Stihl and the Honda in Thailand ,or are you going to buy them in from the UK ,I used to work for a landscape gardening company in the UK, and we only used Stihl a very good trimmer never any problem ,but over here top of the range strimmer 9-10000 baht job, that is the 2-stroke engine job.

We have a bit of land we some rough bits , and I have a Mitsubishi TU43 ,the beast ,a 2-stroke will cut though anything cost me 7800 a good strimmer ,only problem it does not like hot starting ,I put that down to gashole ,some 2-strokes engines do not like biofuel.

A lot of TV members rate the Honda ,they are good and last ,but they do not have the power to go though anything heavy ,like my Mitsubishi will if you just have a back garden go for the Honda ,or a Mitsura a 2 stroke engined strimmer that will last .about the same price as the Honda .

I brought Chines 3500 baht job ,not a good ider used it for an hour ,repaired   it for half an hour ,some local farmers use them with no problem ,must have got a good one.

• Like 1

We have three Honda UMK435T brush cutters.

The Honda is excellent for quality and reliability.  We use them for farm work so they get plenty of heavy use.  We run them on gasohol 91 and, of course, there is no pre-mixing fuel with oil.  You do have to change the engine oil every now and then but you can do that in under a minute and they take 60ml of oil.

We used to use Robin prior to changing to the Hondas over a decade ago.  They are very popular with Thais but I found them unreliable, hard to start and they use way more fuel than Honda.  Perhaps it would be more accurate to say the Robin is highly recommended by repair shops.

23 hours ago, djayz said:

Bought a new Honda 4 stroke about 18 months ago. Great little machine! Would buy again if need be. 

Don't waste your time or money buying cheap cr@p. It really is less expensive to pay more at the beginning than to constantly pay to have the cheap stuff repaired reguarly. 

We bought a Honda brush cutter about 13 years ago,it has cut many tons of grass for the cows and it only

refused to start once.Got it repaired for 150 baht and runs like a deer.

Friends have bought cheaper ones but they all regret doing so.

Honda is the way to go,i have the impression the OP is just looking for a smaller unit probably for a small

garden but even for that yo0u will never regret buying a quality machine.

• Like 1

I should have added to my first post about the UMK435T that Honda also do a lighter and cheaper model which is, I think, the UMK425.  Doubtless it is on Honda's website.

From memory it is around 1kg lighter and it would probably be fine for light to medium garden work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2020 at 4:49 PM, kickstart said:

First off can you get the Stihl and the Honda in Thailand ,or are you going to buy them in from the UK ,I used to work for a landscape gardening company in the UK, and we only used Stihl a very good trimmer never any problem ,but over here top of the range strimmer 9-10000 baht job, that is the 2-stroke engine job.

We have a bit of land we some rough bits , and I have a Mitsubishi TU43 ,the beast ,a 2-stroke will cut though anything cost me 7800 a good strimmer ,only problem it does not like hot starting ,I put that down to gashole ,some 2-strokes engines do not like biofuel.

A lot of TV members rate the Honda ,they are good and last ,but they do not have the power to go though anything heavy ,like my Mitsubishi will if you just have a back garden go for the Honda ,or a Mitsura a 2 stroke engined strimmer that will last .about the same price as the Honda .

I brought Chines 3500 baht job ,not a good ider used it for an hour ,repaired   it for half an hour ,some local farmers use them with no problem ,must have got a good one.

"I brought Chines 3500 baht job ,not a good ider used it for an hour ,repaired " Did the same.  Saw what the local Thai's used and bought the same but I had nothing but trouble after the 3rd time back at the village repair shop I parked it in the shed.  Bought a different brand Chinese backpack unit and it was the same!  Well except for the fuel hose problem which wasn't 100% fixed with any hose even the silicon hose.  Parked it as I didn't want someone getting burnt if leaking fuel caught alight.