IF the Booze-ban Ends July 31st, IF, Then How Will Alcohol Consumption be Affected among Thailand's Population?

On 5/1/2020 at 1:04 AM, JohnBarleycorn said:

Forget it!

I shall never return to China, and that is a promise I fully intend to keep.

Xi will do anything to remain in power for the foreseeable future.

While there is a Xi in China, I will never go back.

Xi has destroyed China, and so there is no longer anything of value in the once-glorious Middle Kingdom, at least for me.

No doubt the Chicoms are up to no good and one of the most heinous governments on earth. 

In regard to the subject at hand, I beleive the ban has been lifted as of tomorrow. 

6 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I think it would have been better for people if neither of us had posted! ????

hahahahahaha, and they complain Chang give's em a bad headache/hangover.... I'd hate to be dealing with a night on the E85  juice !!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

I am puzzled that this is such an enduring topic in the forums. 

It’s so enduring because to the majority of participants or at the very least a vocal minority, it’s one their life’s highest priorities 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JohnBarleycorn said:

There are spy cameras all over China, now, in every nook and cranny.

No doubt, Xi is so paranoid that he even has a spy cam tucked tightly up his kazoo, just to see if Trump has planted a CIA agent in his colon.

Worse than this, is that China's intranet has become almost separate from the world's internet.

I was speaking to a PhD candidate from Sichuan who is now studying abroad.  He can't go back to China because he would be unable to continue his research.

I have spent about 40 years in Greater China, and Xi has destroyed it, beginning with the last Olympics held in China.  That was when the crackdown began.

Wait and see..

The world is beginning to wake up to what China really is.

The world now sees the CPC for what it truly is.

Wait and see....

(When you mention "billions" of Chinese, are you thinking of the 1.4 billion Chinese humans plus the number of Chinese pigs? After the recent outbreak of swine flu in China, there are far fewer swine in the Middle Kingdom.)

The UK is one of the most surveilled countries in the world, I dare say the US is too. The “land of the free” in reality is no such thing, but we all get on with our lives as best we can. Living in Thailand we accept it or we wouldn’t be here, as we’re constantly reminded, “ if you don’t like it, leave”.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Ethyl alcohol, also known as ethanol or booze. Available widely here and likely much healthier choice than aftershave or Mouthwash. 140 proof no less. Much stronger than the 80 proof maximum sold here in liquor stores. 

Oops! Did I just start a trend? 

????

20200502_153204.jpg

And E85 fuel contains 85% ethanol and is available in many local locations.

Delicious with a dash of tonic and at a bargain price per litre. Comes with a lovely afterburn....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

I am puzzled that this is such an enduring topic in the forums. 

Am I the only one who enjoys a single beer every night and lets it ends there? 

I don't crawl the walls if I can't get it but I resent the ban nonetheless. Now that the fickle government here has again allowed alcohol sales starting Sunday May 3, I intend to buy 4 cases of beer and 2 bottles of vodka before the wind changes again whether I ever drink it or not. 

Why? Because I am offended by other parties regulating what I consume. Very simple principle that extends well beyond alcohol. 

I am unwilling to believe for an instant that a beer each day has any influence on my health or lifespan.

In other words I will never entertain any argument to the contrary because it's a waste of effort and can never be conclusively proven either way. 

I understand that some folks want alcohol banned and some folks are drunks.  Both stances involve way too much emotional involvement in this non-issue. 

Whatever happened to moderation in all things and leaving it to others to manage their own lives?

If only this were a perfect world.........

• Like 1

Wait a minute, PLEASE!

Now I am reading on TV that the ban is on again until the end of May.

I'm still fine with this new clarification.

I just wish I knew what might happen tomorrow.

But, unfortunately, it is not so easy to predict the future.

SOOOOoooooo...  What about Chiang Mai?

Edited by JohnBarleycorn

26 minutes ago, JohnBarleycorn said:

Wait a minute, PLEASE!

No probs here in Patts got a delivery from my local this morning.

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Isn't it time this thread was closed as no longer relevant?

you never know. so far this morning we have seen Makro selling alcohol well before 11 am. there is no doubt about that. and with no social distancing or crowd control.  so maybe the government will crack down again. 

18 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

you never know. so far this morning we have seen Makro selling alcohol well before 11 am. there is no doubt about that. and with no social distancing or crowd control.  so maybe the government will crack down again. 

Was on sale at Big C in Chiang Rai this morning, no hordes of Thais stocking up.

The swimming pool at the condo opened yesterday, closed today by order of the governor. Perhaps it's just a gaggle of would-be Hitlers bringing their own provincial dictates to the table. No science or evidence necessary.

As far as alcohol goes, I have my supply in my GF's village, so I don't give a rat's a##e if the government goes stupid again.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JohnBarleycorn said:

Wait a minute, PLEASE!

I'm still fine with this new clarification.

I just wish I knew what might happen tomorrow.

But, unfortunately, it is not so easy to predict the future.

SOOOOoooooo...  What about Chiang Mai?

I bought four cases of beer yesterday in Makro on West side of Huahin and a bottle of gin during the normal sales hours of 11am-2pm. I got there about 12:30 and their supplies were well down but they said more was coming. 

The production date on the Leo box was Feb., 28,2020. No price premium and in fact a slight discount.

I figured I would buy now and get ahead of possible shutdown again today or tomorrow by the mercurial powers that be who are constantly striving for the people's welfare. 

Quite a few customers there and fewer masks than last week when I was there. 

My friend in chaam reports ban is still on there for all of Phetchaburi province. 

If I can brave the killer virus I can certainly drink expired beer. It's still much better than the bleach I drank last week as recommended by Agent Orange!