Cash handouts to farmers will begin on May 15

rooster59

Cash handouts to farmers will begin on May 15

By THE NATION

800_5bf4dc387e40f68.jpg

Disbursement of government cash handouts to farmers affected by the Covid-19 situation will begin by May 15, Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Chalermchai Sri-on said on Friday (May 1).

The Cabinet last week had approved the ministry’s cash handout programme to farmers at Bt15,000 per household, to be paid in three monthly installments. The scheme expects to cover a maximum of 10 million households with a budget of Bt150 billion.

The campaign is similar to the Ministry of Finance’s cash handout campaign -- also known as "Rao Mai Thing Gun" (We do not leave anyone behind) -- to self-employed people affected by the Covid-19 outbreak.

“The Ministry of Agriculture will submit the list of the first batch of farmers eligible for cash assistance to the Ministry of Finance within the next week and the disbursement should start from May 15,” Chalermchai said.

“Farmers who have not registered with the ministry or have not updated their information in the current crop year can do so before May 15, which is the deadline for registration.”

Chalermchai explained that his ministry would keep the registration process open until May 15 to accommodate sugarcane farmers who have to first register with the Ministry of Industry, as well as tobacco farmers who have to register with the Ministry of Finance before they can register with the Ministry of Agriculture.

“Upon receiving the list, the Ministry of Finance will check to make sure that eligible candidates are not overlapping with those already approved for handouts in the Rao Mai Thing Gun scheme,” added Chalermchai. “I have urged all related agencies to handle the approval process as fast as they can so that farmers affected by Covid-19 can get the much-needed compensation as soon as possible.”

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387166

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-03

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

cash handout programme to farmers at Bt15,000 per household, to be paid in three monthly installments.

So 5000 baht a month x 3... Sounds like another program that they failed to implement last month !!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Question is, who will get the money?

Genuine farmers, or FAKE politician farmers?

Don't know that one Colin.

But my wife's mum has said my wife must return to her province to register her land locally. That's an arduous drive at best times. So she normally flies up, hires a car and just stays overnight to do such things. Apparently there is no thought, no system, no mechanism to do this on-line or remotely.

Once my wife flew up to update something at their local land office and they insisted on a copy of our marriage certificate because "your husband is foreign" - even though the land his hers, in her name only, and as a foreigner I can't own land! Go figure!

M-i-L is panicking with daily phone calls - because she's expecting to pocket any pay out!

• Like 1