Thai government gets high marks for its handling of coronavirus pandemic

webfact

10 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

It seems to me that despite all the rhetoric nobody knows a lot of what is being achieved by any nation in attempting to control this epidemic. 

We have Thailand with almost amazingly low figures of infection/deaths meanwhile the UK figures are alarming almost 30k deaths, however testing in the UK is almost up to 100k tests daily how many tests have been done here in Thailand nobody outside the government know, how many tests have been done on people who have died again who knows.

I had 2 friends in the UK with terminal cancer but both deaths were covid 19, maybe in Thailand these deaths would be just attributed to the cancer, I don't know if tests are done to check the actual cause in Thailand.

227,860 tests in Thailand at last count, for 2987 positive cases. These are focussed testing of those most likely to be infected, or by active tracing. How many more cases would be found by mere random sampling of those in the population? Not many I bet. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Surasak said:

The lie was in his quote 'Now the west have copied the same lockdowns and they don't work'.

I believe Sweden don't have a lock down as such and their numbers are quite low.

Sweden is a mess. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mickyr55 said:

It seems to me that despite all the rhetoric nobody knows a lot of what is being achieved by any nation in attempting to control this epidemic. 

We have Thailand with almost amazingly low figures of infection/deaths meanwhile the UK figures are alarming almost 30k deaths, however testing in the UK is almost up to 100k tests daily how many tests have been done here in Thailand nobody outside the government know, how many tests have been done on people who have died again who knows.

I had 2 friends in the UK with terminal cancer but both deaths were covid 19, maybe in Thailand these deaths would be just attributed to the cancer, I don't know if tests are done to check the actual cause in Thailand.

228,000k tests performed in Thailand as of today 4th May.???

It is very easy to search fir that info.

Do you know 7+ Thais in Uk have died from Covi19 in thier home!!! Sadly, poor them. They did not get to admit in the hospitals due to medical melt-down.

How many farang British has died from Covid19 in Thailand.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

I believe Khun Prayut Chan O Cha did a good job in limiting the infection and transmission rate of the COVID-19 virus. Lockdown had to be as well as other stringent measures. 

Good job again by Khun Prayut.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fCapture.Prayut2.PNG.855fd62f9dbc363722066dda8e8176a9.PNG

Do you still have his picture on your bedroom wall or have you moved it to your Prayuth memorabilia room?

21 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

What date was the first confirmed case in Thailand ?

What date were international arrivals, even from a few high risk countries, banned ?

Do you really think he did a good job ? Or do you think he is a joke leader and just love a good wind up of other TVF members ????

Compare: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/?fbclid=IwAR1fJbTcwQv_Ju5qUd2zj94vocJUawsJJYo8SF7zg0GMFCknNZeJOtcq5qs

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

Compare what ?

I've been looking at the Worldometer since the beginning of March.  Note how China's figures have remained more or less constant in all this time (which presumably means they are lying or no longer co-operating with the WHO!!)

If you measure deaths per 1M population, looks like the US is not doing so badly.  Only 186, compared to some heavy figures in places like Italy, Spain etc.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, blazes said:

I've been looking at the Worldometer since the beginning of March.  Note how China's figures have remained more or less constant in all this time (which presumably means they are lying or no longer co-operating with the WHO!!)

Well, to begin with, they had an extra 43,000 cases asymptomatic and tested that they did not include in the official count. Then, the numbers just magically stopped increasing.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3076323/third-coronavirus-cases-may-be-silent-carriers-classified

It seems that the Thai government is adopting a similar strategy, no point in counting deaths and cases,why lose face, better trash every other country, so infected, omg, here in Thailand only 54, bla bla.

Edited by lkv

3 minutes ago, LEZZA said:

What's with the obsession with alcohol ...

I don't know, I would have thought teetotallers would be happy with their choice instead of jumping out of every crack. Maybe they're craving for a nice, frosty pint of beer.

44 minutes ago, LEZZA said:

What's with the obsession with alcohol ....seems that people can't survive if they can't have a drink of alcohol every day 

Why do you care? 

The people obsessed with others’ drinking habits remind me of miserable married couples with kids who keep asking, “Why don’t you have kids? Why don’t you get married?”. 

If I didn’t know any better, I’d say they want others to be just as miserable as them. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

don,t know how accurate the figures are but they are not that high.they shut down the borders quickly.they did something right over this virus it seems

Let see what happen when the flood gates are open for the filth with the second wave