Thai government gets high marks for its handling of coronavirus pandemic

webfact

2 hours ago, cdmtdm said:

go and survey the villages in Isaan to get the true numbers ...

Hi marks!!! 5555  Same as teachers having to pass their students. 

" Congratulations. You have put your name and the date on the exam paper. 1 out of 100 you have passed!!" ????????????????????????????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I'm back in the UK now and I don't know anyone who has been confirmed with it, my 87 year mother also doesn't know anyone has tested positive either and no one on my Facebook has mentioned it.

I take it your too young to have heard of Eddie Large or Tim Brooke-Taylor. RIP.

2 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Which part of his post was incorrect or lies?

a) He is in the U.K

b) He was in Thailand 6 weeks ago

c) His mother is 87 yrs old

d) The figures in Thailand are dubious

e) Millions of people are now unemployed

f) Government support is lacking

That just about covers the entire post... Any of them false or fake or lies ??

Aah, so you are only selectively quoting what he said.

The lie was in his quote 'Now the west have copied the same lockdowns and they don't work'.

If you still have trouble understanding, please tell me which syllable you are stuck on and II will try my best to explain it to you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

Which part of his post was incorrect or lies?

a) He is in the U.K

b) He was in Thailand 6 weeks ago

c) His mother is 87 yrs old

d) The figures in Thailand are dubious

e) Millions of people are now unemployed

f) Government support is lacking

That just about covers the entire post... Any of them false or fake or lies ??

If his Moms 87 like mine would be hes rather old to post such drivel.

2 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

The lie was in his quote 'Now the west have copied the same lockdowns and they don't work'.

If you still have trouble understanding, please tell me which syllable you are stuck on and II will try my best to explain it to you.

I replied to your quote of his, so you selectively quoted him, not me !!

In future maybe quote the part you are calling lies, instead of things that are obviously not lies.

I'm pretty good up to 3 syllables but will give you a shout if I get stuck for sure...

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SkyFax said:

The Covid-19 Riddle: Why Does the Virus Wallop Some Places and Spare Others?

Experts are trying to figure out why the coronavirus is so capricious. The answers could determine how to best protect ourselves and how long we have to.   May 3, 2020 Updated 11:28 a.m. ET

The coronavirus has touched almost every country on earth, but its impact has seemed capricious. Global metropolises like New York, Paris and London have been devastated, while teeming cities like Bangkok, Baghdad, New Delhi and Lagos have, so far, largely been spared. ...

Cultural factors, like the social distancing that is built into certain societies, may give some countries more protection, epidemiologists said.

In Thailand and India, where virus numbers are relatively low, people greet each other at a distance, with palms joined together as in prayer. In Japan and South Korea, people bow, and long before the coronavirus arrived, they tended to wear face masks when feeling unwell.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/03/world/asia/coronavirus-spread-where-why.html

Experts are trying to figure out why the coronavirus is so capricious. The answers could determine how to best protect ourselves and how long we have to.   May 3, 2020 Updated 11:28 a.m. ET

The coronavirus has touched almost every country on earth, but its impact has seemed capricious. Global metropolises like New York, Paris and London have been devastated, while teeming cities like Bangkok, Baghdad, New Delhi and Lagos have, so far, largely been spared. ...

Cultural factors, like the social distancing that is built into certain societies, may give some countries more protection, epidemiologists said.

In Thailand and India, where virus numbers are relatively low, people greet each other at a distance, with palms joined together as in prayer. In Japan and South Korea, people bow, and long before the coronavirus arrived, they tended to wear face masks when feeling unwell.

testing, testing, testing

1 hour ago, cardinalblue said:

Non democratic countries have had much more success in lowering infection numbers than democratic ones...

I also believe genetics and built up immunity helped lower numbers...countries with a lot more diseases, their population seemed to do better than countries that have eradicated many of those diseases...

the presence, structure and organization of western style nursing homes created a one foot in the grave scenario in the west....

I was reading something lastnight that i found very interesting.It was not directly about covid 19 or even people but it made me think.

It was about hours of sunlight and the amount of vitamin D absorption,countries with more sun hours year round less infections?

Then i also read about the high percentage of infections in prisons in the US,not much sun shine in there.

I will look into this some more today,very interesting.

• Like 1

Global metropolises like New York, Paris and London have been devastated, while teeming cities like Bangkok, Baghdad, New Delhi and Lagos have, so far, largely been spared. ...

May be our warmer climates is a factor in the good results the tropical countries are enjoying ?

6 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I replied to your quote of his, so you selectively quoted him, not me !!

In future maybe quote the part you are calling lies, instead of things that are obviously not lies.

I'm pretty good up to 3 syllables but will give you a shout if I get stuck for sure...

I could reply to this but this would end in a battle of common sense and I refuse to go into a battle with an opponent so ill equipped as yourself.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Just now, Bert got kinky said:

I could reply to this but this would end in a battle of common sense and I refuse to go into a battle with an opponent so ill equipped as yourself.

You did reply to this...

So you didn't selectively quote him then or accidentally miss the part you were calling lies ??

My apologies... ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai government gets high marks for its handling of coronavirus pandemic

Giving itself the usual Thai pat-on-the-back... martyrs are looking for a new set of gold wings !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We still need to see some reliable research from independent high qualified persons, to find out why the covid virus is working so different around the world. That could be a big step to help the tourist industri in the hot asian countries, to make safe vacations and get the tourist back.

The low covid numbers in the hot asia, is not because of some "clever" leaders, well it could be if it because of manipulated numbers. In my opinion it is because the virus is acting different under different temperatures, heavy sun, humidity etc, so thank to Covid no to be so aggresive in the hot asia.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Proves how single minded it gets, there's no comment of the knock on consequences, companies closing, people losing jobs, food queues, people dying not going to hospital

proves how responsible and understanding and united Thai ppl are. They know complaining doesnt help to solve this crisis.

THANK GOD ppl and its leaders are not utterly dumb like in the usa.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

4 minutes ago, Guderian said:

They would have found the government getting much lower marks if they'd asked specifically about the extended alcohol ban!

curious to know the co-relation between alcohol ban and the the corona virus numbers.

1 hour ago, Bert got kinky said:

I believe Sweden don't have a lock down as such and their numbers are quite low.

• Like 1

Good job guys. Whatever was done, it has seemed to have worked. Kudos to all. Now, let's get the people back to work. The re-opening of the restaurants and shops, helps us to feel like a human beings again! 

Nice to be here, and not in one of the epicenters. 

• Like 1