Thai police warn: Enjoy a beer at home but DO NOT invite your friends or relatives round

webfact

17 hours ago, webfact said:

But don't invite anyone round or you could face arrest. 

So let me put this into perspective ... how many millions of people live in Thailand as opposed to how many thousands of RTP officers there are ... totally impossible to police ... total insanity

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

Same as you what I currently used to spend in pubs a year would pay for 2 one month holidays in los.it's it into perspective.

You maybe right, Im drinking the same but it's costing me less than half the amount and my home is much nicer than sitting in an empty bar I guess we become creatures of habit

• Like 2

No gatherings, no beach, limited walking BUT at Makro and Tescos and other outlets MAYHEM, everyone bunched together fighting to get beer of the pallets,   just ridiculous, this is not a complaint it is happening.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, rtco said:

So let me put this into perspective ... how many millions of people live in Thailand as opposed to how many thousands of RTP officers there are ... totally impossible to police ... total insanity

So you would prefer to force a return to martial law, in full with the army on the streets.

Those that do not like the heat should get out of the kitchen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, ginjag said:

No gatherings, no beach, limited walking BUT at Makro and Tescos and other outlets MAYHEM, everyone bunched together fighting to get beer of the pallets,   just ridiculous, this is not a complaint it is happening.

Exactly why restrictions are required, irrational human behaviour is not unique to Thailand.

Social media and cable news lit up Thursday with images from Lansing, Mich., where armed protesters descended on the state Capitol to demand an end to the state’s coronavirus lockdown. “I have never appreciated our Sergeants-at-Arms more than today,” wrote state Sen. Dayna Polehanki, as right-wing groups screamed in the faces of Michigan State Police officers.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/05/03/lockdown-protesters-dont-care-about-lives/

7 minutes ago, sandyf said:

So you would prefer to force a return to martial law, in full with the army on the streets.

Those that do not like the heat should get out of the kitchen.

Maybe a good idea to get the army in , send then to supermarkets to stop the gatherings of stupid fighting Muay Thai style to grab beer and other drinks.

17 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the reality of the situation was that police would not raid people's homes unless there were complaints about noise or other annoyance but if police patrols heard parties they would be obliged to intervene according to the regulations. 

There you have it. Nobody's gonna be battering down your door if you're enjoying a quiet drink indoors with friends, just keep it discreet. 

download.jpeg.12ef6913d3b7d87d1fa34ff3100f0af0.jpeg

As a Farang I guess it would be wise not to be too ostentatious about it, groups of friends drinking on the patio might well (and has) elicit complaints from Thai neighbours looking for an excuse to get a dig in at the Farang, complaints to which the Thai police would feel obliged to respond. I would emphasise that in my experience most Thai people are pretty laissez-faire regarding our peccadillos but, as with any group of people, there will always be one or two knobheads.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ginjag said:

Maybe a good idea to get the army in , send then to supermarkets to stop the gatherings of stupid fighting Muay Thai style to grab beer and other drinks.

The simpleton logic, make everyone suffer because of a few.

People should give a bit more thought to what they wish for, and what they say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11-2 and 5-10 selling times ? So how come every man and their dog were wrestling at makro everywhere at 6am for booze the other day ? Plus how could you get from a shop at 10pm after buying booze and back to your home before it came 10.01pm ????

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ginjag said:

MAYHEM, everyone bunched together fighting to get beer

Indeed. That was also the scene here at the Big C in Samut Prakan. Shelves stripped and carts full. We're all going to need a lot of beer to get us through this crisis. How dare they keep it from us.

We just got back from the moo ban upcountry, and while they ran out of alcohol in the mom and pop shops, there were still plenty of gatherings at people's homes with happy music playing. Perhaps they cracked into that emergency lao khao they keep in the back.

But what you didn't ever see were any cops busting these gatherings. I think if you emptied all their pockets you might get 1 or 2 thousand baht out of them. That's why all the busts are done down in Patts. You see for some reason, deep farang pockets are more susceptible to the dangers of Corona.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the reality of the situation was that police would not raid people's homes unless there were complaints about noise or other annoyance but if police patrols heard parties they would be obliged to intervene according to the regulations. 

There you have it. Nobody's gonna be battering down your door if you're enjoying a quiet drink indoors with friends, just keep it discreet. 

download.jpeg.12ef6913d3b7d87d1fa34ff3100f0af0.jpeg

As a Farang I guess it would be wise not to be too ostentatious about it, groups of friends drinking on the patio might well (and has) elicit complaints from Thai neighbours looking for an excuse to get a dig in at the Farang, complaints to which the Thai police would feel obliged to respond. I would emphasise that in my experience most Thai people are pretty laissez-faire regarding our peccadillos but, as with any group of people, there will always be one or two knobheads.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Don Mega said:

What if friends just randomly drop in whilst iam getting on the cans and they decide to stay and assist me destroying a slab or 2.... I did not invite them so that should be ok then !!

Best to keep the noise down!

Inside my Moo Ban most of the Thai families congregate in the evening, extended family & friends come to join them every day, sitting outside on picnic tables or mats sharing food & drink.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai police warn: Enjoy a beer at home but DO NOT invite your friends or relatives round

In other words you will do as you are told you naughty children and no common sense thinking permitted......LOL

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It's selfish to think that younger people's lives can go on hold for an indefinite amount of time. How are people going to meet a partner without socializing. If people have serious health problems then they should isolate with support and everyone else should be allowed to lead their lives as they wish.

It takes years to test vaccines and make sure they are safe. There is no vaccine for SARS CoV from 2003 which SARS CoV2 is derived from.

They are going to say they have one. They will have to kill me before I let them inject me with it. I'm not alone in this either, there are millions that feel the same as I.

• Like 1