Thai police warn: Enjoy a beer at home but DO NOT invite your friends or relatives round

webfact

Aren't they just loving this eh ??   Oooh all that power........ I can still remember this lot running past Soi 13 taking their uniforms off when the Army was stealing the country last time....... Brave lads.......   Tin pot P%$# pot.......... 

• Haha 1

You're so right Frotting and the locals don't see it or grasp it they simply never complain, yes they group together in clumps to buy this or that but they never question authority nor have the education or critical thinking skills to understand it. Almost everything they hear is taken literally such as the Mass Exodus of Bangkok a few weeks ago. The government said go home , stay at home.....and they did ! What's clear to us is a distant concept to the average Thai. They're not unintelligent but very ignorant which is by design. The government is so aloof they can't communicate to the people ( they're Thai elitists not Thai people) ....I am fortunate to have many Thai friends and we have these discussions but all in all they just don't see it. They see the government as this all powerful heavy handed beast and they're afraid....just some of my observations. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Don Mega said:

What if friends just randomly drop in whilst iam getting on the cans and they decide to stay and assist me destroying a slab or 2.... I did not invite them so that should be ok then !!

The Slab Destroyer - has a nice ring to it.

4 hours ago, herwin1234 said:

Sad to see how the farang community in general is so unhelpful and negative in this crisis, and MOSTLY as always ridicule the Thai ppl.

Safe to say when this crisis will be over in Thailand thanks to the Thai efforts and unity,  it will still cause chaos and misery in western countries bc of mismanagement and selfish citizens.

Right. I don't even know why I bother, as the griping and moaning and cynicism here is rampant and continuous.

I'm in ongoing conversation with friends outside Thailand, and we are very lucky indeed that we're not subject to the harsh overkill and intimidation of many Western countries, which have nonetheless not stemmed their regional pandemics.

This is not comfortable for anyone, anywhere. So do what you can to stay safe, distracted from doomsayers, and maybe do something productive. It'll subside soon enough. Patience.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

Despite all the negative comments on here I think the government have done a great job. Look at the UK: with a similar population and whose government had such a laissez faire attitude and who were slow interrupting any economic activity; Result: 26000 dead.

Thailand 54 dead, and remember Thailand had hundreds of thousands of Chinese from Wuhan here in November, December and January (5 flights a day) and consequently was at very, very high risk of a major disaster.

The booze ban, the curfew, the lockdown, the ban on gouging for masks, the closure of airports and businesses all played a role in the great result.

Stop your whining and thank god you don't live in the UK, France, Italy, Spain or the US.

Brand new !   Thailand's famous for what again...?    Lies and prostitution, if those figures are real i'm a Dutchman ....... As for the British they've had more dead in a bar fight...... 

3 minutes ago, Greg O said:

You're so right Frotting and the locals don't see it or grasp it they simply never complain, yes they group together in clumps to buy this or that but they never question authority nor have the education or critical thinking skills to understand it. Almost everything they hear is taken literally such as the Mass Exodus of Bangkok a few weeks ago. The government said go home , stay at home.....and they did ! What's clear to us is a distant concept to the average Thai. They're not unintelligent but very ignorant which is by design. The government is so aloof they can't communicate to the people ( they're Thai elitists not Thai people) ....I am fortunate to have many Thai friends and we have these discussions but all in all they just don't see it. They see the government as this all powerful heavy handed beast and they're afraid....just some of my observations. 

oh yes, The Thais I know see the Police , and by definition Gov, this controlling entity that they must obey. Nothing has to be justified by this entity. All Thais know is what they are told, no questioning. Well we know its not a liberal democracy......actually dont need the word liberal

4 minutes ago, Geeyore said:

Right. I don't even know why I bother, as the griping and moaning and cynicism here is rampant and continuous.

I'm in ongoing conversation with friends outside Thailand, and we are very lucky indeed that we're not subject to the harsh overkill and intimidation of many Western countries, which have nonetheless not stemmed their regional pandemics.

This is not comfortable for anyone, anywhere. So do what you can to stay safe, distracted from doomsayers, and maybe do something productive. It'll subside soon enough. Patience.

Subside? Fact is it wont be over, in the sense that it is nothing substantial in Thailand, but the fear of this virus will be used by those in power to suppress freedoms for a long time to come. That you can be sure  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeoCesar said:

Social distancing does not work with Isaan "people"

At least not where I live and can see every day.

I think it might be an IQ thing...?

What do you think?

This is KTB bank this morning in Isaan

90% of the customers were there to withdraw the government 5000 baht because they didn’t want to pay the ATM fee 

4EB025D5-05A8-4A7A-83F9-597C524423B7.jpeg

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Only in Asia achahol before nutrition 

Why do you think the Sumerians invented it? Beer is nutrition.

There's a steak in every glass. Where does a beer gut come from?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pedrogaz said:

Stop your whining and thank god you don't live in the UK, France, Italy, Spain or the US.

All pretty ordinary places without the WuFlu.... Am glad I  don't call any of them my home country !!

1 minute ago, Moo 2 said:

I have not invited anyone for a month but I still could not buy a f%# beer! Why do I have to be punished

because of some people stupidity!

Why couldn't you buy beer ?

1 hour ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Aren't they just loving this eh ??   Oooh all that power........ I can still remember this lot running past Soi 13 taking their uniforms off when the Army was stealing the country last time....... Brave lads.......   Tin pot P%$# pot.......... 

Come on now.

They are brave..........They must be, they are all wearing jump wings on their uniforms

18 hours ago, mok199 said:

These clowns absolutely love this new power....Never let a good pandemic go to waste

And that is what this is all about, power and control.

Do you really think that the government will remove

the new laws that they have made because of this

virus? I don't think so, the laws will stay and be used

whenever they decide to use them.

• Like 1