Shoppers may get two hour time limit when visiting malls

snoop1130

2 hours ago, geisha said:

Have only one entrance to malls, close the others. The checks we are used to as nearly the same as with terrorist precautions. 

One of the multilevel car park entrances, or one of the pedestrian/bus-stop entrances? Can you safely get from a closed entrance to the open one? Not easy in reality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Well unfortunately for you and your selfish attitude during this current situation it is the role of governments to try and prevent the spread of the virus.

If you think it’s tough here have a look at what’s happening in some other countries where governments are taking stronger measures.

In the UK for example some people cannot leave their homes for three months.

Yes, and look how great that turned out. Abysmally bad mortality rate.

Governments don't stop pandemics. They never have and they never will.

All the "strong" measures the UK has taken, Spain has taken, Italy has taken, all pointless. Far worse results than Japan, Sweden or Thailand where next to nothing was done.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Yes, and look how great that turned out. Abysmally bad mortality rate.

Governments don't stop pandemics. They never have and they never will.

All the "strong" measures the UK has taken, Spain has taken, Italy has taken, all pointless. Far worse results than Japan, Sweden or Thailand where next to nothing was done.

Thailand has ruined its economy over 50 deaths, I would say they implemented very strong measures if you consider the low numbers.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Anton9 said:

Thailand has ruined its economy over 50 deaths, I would say they implemented very strong measures if you consider the low numbers.

Next to the UK, Italy, Spain Thailand has done very little, hardly any testing and very soft touch measures overall.

But yes, it's all relative, for 54 deaths it was total overkill.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

How can this be difficult? My GF spends the same time in any shop as I do. That's because she knows if I have left and she is still there, she will have to pay for whatever she buys.

I can send you a training manual for a modest fee.

Thats what i started doing. Telling her im leaving and if you dont come too you have to find a way to pay for your things. Or if somewhere else and take car. Inform her that if not back to car by the time i get there you will need to find your own way home. There is a point beyond understanding. We have been there many times sounds like and forced to take such options. 

1 hour ago, Anton9 said:

Don't you think the numbers reflect the strong measures success? Think a little, what if Thailand did like USA? Thailand prevented infections and deaths by using restrictions early. 

It would take a well planned shopping trip to be able to get in and out of any Mall in 2 hours. I had to go to the bank in Seacon Square Mall but the only parking available was on the opposite side of the mall from the one entrance open. Even going to Paradise Park Mall took almost two hours to do my banking and grab a Burger. 

17 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

Don't you think the numbers reflect the strong measures success? Think a little, what if Thailand did like USA? Thailand prevented infections and deaths by using restrictions early. 

No, I don't think so.

Thailand started to implement some restrictions after they saw what was happening in Europe and it seems they got lucky by not having a big community spread yet.

They could have just start testing and isolating the infected like Korea did.

Edited by Anton9

On 5/5/2020 at 6:34 PM, snoop1130 said:

Anyone visiting the mall can only do so for a maximum of two hours.

And just, pray tell, how and by whom will this be monitored?  What would be the consequences if one overstays their allotted 2 hours?

Broke bar stool trolls ? Oh did we meet before, which pub was it and do I still owe you money ? Walking on your hands wins by far for the month for the best post. These government clowns now have something they can study and take up a couple of days of their valuable time. Then they'll need trials then how about a competition ? 

13 hours ago, Logosone said:

Next to the UK, Italy, Spain Thailand has done very little, hardly any testing and very soft touch measures overall.

But yes, it's all relative, for 54 deaths it was total overkill.

54 deaths out of population of approx. 65 million !!!

• Like 1

We are not any more likely to "catch the virus" in a mall as anywhere else we shop. This is a bad idea. Just open the malls - especially in provinces where there haven't been any cases for 14 or more days!  Chiang Mai - 23 days NO cases.

31 minutes ago, pizzachang said:

We are not any more likely to "catch the virus" in a mall as anywhere else we shop. This is a bad idea. Just open the malls - especially in provinces where there haven't been any cases for 14 or more days!  Chiang Mai - 23 days NO cases.

Not exactly. It depends on how long you are in there and how close you get to people in the context of the density of the people. 

Metering the volume of people in malls or anywhere else is a good prevention method. 

Not talking about no risks of infections. It's about reducing the risks. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/06/opinion/coronavirus-us-reopen.html

Is It Safer to Visit a Coffee Shop or a Gym?

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not exactly. It depends on how long you are in there and how close you get to people in the context of the density of the people. 

Metering the volume of people in malls or anywhere else is a good prevention method. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/06/opinion/coronavirus-us-reopen.html

I doubt that very much. The risk of infection depends not jut on how long you are in a mall or how close you get to people. I can be in a mall for hours, and have done so, without getting infected, I can be close to many complete strangers and not get infected.

Proximity and time of exposure, population density, all these things are just some factors, in reality it depends on whether you meet someone who is infected, whether your body has T-cells that can destroy the virus, how much of the virus you are exposed to, all kinds of things.

From what we have seen, superspreader events are those events where people are extremely close together, carnivals, sports events, cruise ships. Being in an environment where there is a lot of space and people are not really on top of each other is not so much of a risk, so malls should be fine.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I doubt that very much. The risk of infection depends not jut on how long you are in a mall or how close you get to people. I can be in a mall for hours, and have done so, without getting infected, I can be close to many complete strangers and not get infected.

Proximity and time of exposure, population density, all these things are just some factors, in reality it depends on whether you meet someone who is infected, whether your body has T-cells that can destroy the virus, how much of the virus you are exposed to, all kinds of things.

From what we have seen, superspreader events are those events where people are extremely close together, carnivals, sports events, cruise ships. Being in an environment where there is a lot of space and people are not really on top of each other is not so much of a risk, so malls should be fine.

Oh please dude. 

I didn't say it was the only factor. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Is It Safer to Visit a Coffee Shop or a Gym?

There is nothing 100% safe in this world, it has always been like that but now seems like we can't afford to take any kind of risk but rather lose our freedom.

Pathetic way of living

4 hours ago, Jomtien Holiday Guy said:

I have never spend 2 hole hours in a shopping, so i am sure people will survive…...

So you never had a meal at a restaurant and then taken in a movie? That would easily be over 2 hrs.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2020 at 6:34 PM, snoop1130 said:

Shoppers may get two hour time limit when visiting malls

Another brilliant idea.  Jamming everyone together during the same two hours.  Maybe they can do the same for gas stations, food take out, and supermarkets  that what we can insure that everyone is together at the same time and packed in as closely as possible. 

12 hours ago, fraggleRock said:

Why would I want to go to a Mall anyways, everything I need is done without a filthy Mall -- please someone tell me? - over priced and boring, full of screaming kinders? 

I agree. All that artificial light and no sunlight. I've no idea what time of day it is in there. God knows how people work in them, the twilight zone.

19 hours ago, asiaexpat said:

I think the low number of cases has more to do with Thai culture not being one of physical contact,  i.e. hugging/kissing, in contrast to places like italy, and also the climate, hot and sunny, the virus is shown to be killed by UV, which is in sunlight.

when all the people left BKK to go back to their hometowns, I had expected a burst in new cases, which didn't happen. I can guarantee that all this social distancing nonsense and isolation wasn't taking place in the provinces, especially the villages.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2020 at 6:53 PM, hotandsticky said:

Do you not even think there is some merit in the idea,

These are unprecedented circumstances you know.

Saw articles on Bangkok post yesterday and the strong possible reopening of stores.
LOL some people would like to browse or shop all day and take in lunch.
However, that is long enough for me and during normal times we would pick the girls up from school and lol make use of the AC for a while but used to take in the scenery as well!!! and have some lunch and delicious ice cream.
Hot and sticky and yes you are right in unprecedented times.
I remember my Dear Late Mum many decades a go Though she did like to shop and browse to but went to Marks and Spencer for her food and out in 15  MINUTES!!!
hAPPY  VE DAY EVERYONE

Edited by jwest10
more content