Hot conditions forecast for upper Thailand with thundershowers in some areas

Hot conditions forecast for upper Thailand with thundershowers in some areas

By THE NATION

800_537f0289c688a6b.jpg?v=1588731182

The Thailand Meteorological Department said on Wednesday (May 6) that a thermal low cell covers upper Thailand while southerly and southeasterly winds blow over the Northeast, the East, the Central and the lower North.

The department forecast hot to very hot weather with thundershowers and gusty winds in the areas. The easterly winds prevailing over the Gulf and the South are expected to bring thundershowers.

During May 6-9, the low pressure cell over Sumatra will intensify and move to the upper Bay of Bengal, causing wind waves over the Andaman Sea to become stronger.

The weather forecast for the next 24 hours is as follows:

Northern region: Hot to very hot, with thundershowers and gusty winds in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 23-29 degrees and highs of 37-41 degrees Celsius.

Northeastern region: Hot to very hot with thundershowers and gusty winds in 10 per cent of the areas, temperature lows of 26-28 degrees and highs of 38-41 degrees Celsius.

Central region: Hot to very hot with thundershowers and gusty winds in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 26-29 degrees, highs of 38-42 degrees Celsius.

Eastern region: Hot to very hot with thundershowers and gusty winds in 20 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 26-29 degrees, highs of 35-40 degrees Celsius; waves a metre high and 1-2 metres during thundershowers.

Southern region (east coast): Partly cloudy with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 23-27 degrees, highs of 34-36 degrees Celsius; waves a metre high and 1-2 metres during thundershowers.

Southern region (west coast): Mostly cloudy with thundershowers in 30 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 25-27 degrees, highs of 34-37 degrees Celsius; waves 1-2 metres high and 2 metres during thundershowers.

Bangkok and surrounding areas: Hot to very hot with thundershowers in 10 per cent of the areas; temperature lows of 27-29 degrees, highs of 37-40 degrees Celsius.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30387367?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-05-06

It is really hot lately, and unbearably uncomfortable.

It is laughable the forecasts for rain, just a few weeks ago the weather forecasts were predicting 80% chance of rain which never happened on the days they predicted. 

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Hot? Come on. A laughable 38 to 39C forecast here :biggrin:

I did some DIY in the early morning and gave up at about 9 AM before the hear strokes.

Never heard that the high temperatures affected your "hearing"... ????

It's still hot like hell but at least they can't burn everything in sight for the next few months until things dry up a bit. It's a short lived luxury to breathe again. Enjoy it while you can. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dap said:

Currently 43 and has pegged 45 in recent days with STILL no rain!

Just like to confirm it is indeed HOT, third day over 40°c, here outside UT, problem is they are long hot days also, midnight still over 30­°c, 10am it was 39°c, typical May weather, the heat before the rains arrive, usually mid May - hopefully, then it gets as humid as hell! ????

• Like 1

Where I am, in Kalasin Province, we've had a very 'mild' hot season, with temperatures staying in the mid 30s and not too humid. Until now. The forecast I've seen is of at least 12 days of 38-40, with another week of this to go. Had the air on before 8 this morning with it 36 with 90 per cent humidity. I'm self-isolating myself from the weather.

23 hours ago, Tops said:

Have cold beers stacked in the fridge. The only thing I need is a swimmingpool and some beautiful girls to party...

If you proceed with the latter tell the girls to keep the moans down, or you might get a visitation.