Thai prototype vaccine passes test with flying colours

snoop1130

I'll be happy to be vaccinated if the certificate is a go anywhere you like card. Air travel might require it.

Incidentally, I thought pigs were closer to us than mice. Why aren't they testing on pigs or maybe they will.

So where exactly would they conduct human trials, you need a virus hit country with plenty of it about to give a test vaccine to people and see if they catch it. UK for instance gave many frontline health workers the test vaccine.

43 minutes ago, shy coconut said:

I don't think it's compulsory, and you appear to have a whole load of

obscure ingredients listed under the title "have you had your flu jab

this year" along with some odd reference to trump.

The point of your reply was what?

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

So where exactly would they conduct human trials, you need a virus hit country with plenty of it about to give a test vaccine to people and see if they catch it. UK for instance gave many frontline health workers the test vaccine.

Might be all you need is to see if the vaccine causes antibodies to develop without having to actually expose the person to the virus. And, of course, watch for side effects.

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

The inflammatory responses in young children are apparently linked directly to COVID-19, not normal flu.

I understand.  But according to the stats I have read, this virus has a much smaller impact on children - and the younger/healthy population generally - than the flu does.  The only groups for which it is more dangerous are the eldery and those with specific existing medical conditions.

34 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm taking what I think are sensible precautions - zinc and vitamin supplements, exercise, social distancing etc. If others in my age group choose not to do so, they may survive. Or not.

Zinc is generally helpful against cold-viruses, of which this is a relative (also corona-type) - so probably a good idea. 

6 minutes ago, papa al said:

Only 1 in 100 infected die, right?

Malaria and Dengue worry me much more.

Death rate seems to vary from country to country, some are 1, some are 3-4.

AFAIK malaria and dengue are not transmitted human to human. Mosquitoes yes, but it's possible to zap them or exclude them. We can't go around zapping human carriers of coronavirus, can we?

1 hour ago, Pravda said:

But how's Ebola and HIV vaccine progressing?

Ebola has a vaccine.

Hiv has a program that basically renders it useless against the immune system.

So all things considered its quite good.

6 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Ebola has a vaccine.

Hiv has a program that basically renders it useless against the immune system.

So all things considered its quite good.

Think you missed the subtle put-down regarding the current claim. 

15 minutes ago, DirtyHarry55 said:

They will need some volunteers to test that who are willing to be exposed to the virus.
Any volunteers?

Overstayers , and teachers without work permits .

You know it makes sense ..

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

Now the pandemic is fading out and next they want to vaccine us and implant us with a microchip! Most will be opposed to this and resist the fear driven temptation! However the CDC and WHO are saying very clearly..."Beware of the second wave" coming in November! This new wave will create such fear and decide the undecided to get a vaccines! And those of us who still resist will be told it's mandatory or no new visa renewals! Welcome to the new life the globalist want to create for us to become serfs in the new world order! If you don't believe...ask Bill Gates about it...!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, JackThompson said:

This may be a great thing for those who are elderly, or have the pre-existing medical-conditions (diabetes, hypertension, extreme-obesity) which can make this virus dangerous.  Any others who want to take it also - up to them.

OTOH, if the rest of us could live life normally, herd-immunity would work, and the virus would die-out just as flu and cold bugs do every year.  When this thing first got started, we didn't know what we were dealing with, so I'm not playing a hind-sight 20:20 blame-game, here.  But with the data we have now - knowing the death-rate is far lower (infected/infected-died), and who is likely to have severe health outcomes - it's time to admit the approach used initially did NOT fit the nature of the virus, and move on.

Could not agree more! This thing has been a complete knee jerk. All the lockdown and quarantining should have been for those who were vulnerable and likely to get seriously ill as you mentioned. The rest of should have gone on normally to develop herd immunity. Too many people on this planet already for any virus to wipe us out completely...unfortunately for the planet we are here to stay!

• Like 1

Go ahead and volunteer for the "clinical trials" as they need volunteers to get tissues matched as well . "Just standard procedure Sir/madam."

Then You'll be asked if you're willing to donate your organs to science should you die...You can fill in the blanks from there ( use your imagination) and then you'll know what has and is happening in China.

The Organ banks operate at a very large profit margin...

12 hours ago, lkv said:

Yeah, pretty much what Oxford was doing a few weeks ago, injecting mice. Now Oxford is already doing human trials, so the scientific hub of Thailand is slightly behind.

Regardless, I don't care about vaccines and I will not get one myself.

Cheers.

If you want to continue living here I can see it becoming obligatory and you will require a vaccine certificate as part of the your visa renewal

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dukeleto said:

Could not agree more! This thing has been a complete knee jerk. All the lockdown and quarantining should have been for those who were vulnerable and likely to get seriously ill as you mentioned. The rest of should have gone on normally to develop herd immunity. Too many people on this planet already for any virus to wipe us out completely...unfortunately for the planet we are here to stay!

The total world knowledge about this virus is less than 6 months old. There is, as yet, no evidence of herd immunity or any immunity at all. We have lived with the common cold (another coronavirus) for many years and people have not developed immunity. Same with influenza. Previous pandemics also start, decline and then return, often with greater ferocity a second time. Some like the Black Death kept returning and the last outbreak was in San Francisco in 1900-4 which returned in 1907-8 - some 560 years later after the initial outbreak in 1348. Covid-19 may return or it might not. No-one knows at present for certain and they won't until it happens.

• Like 1