Thai prototype vaccine passes test with flying colours

snoop1130

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The next step will be to test the prototype vaccine on humans....

Sign me up man.  What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, CGW said:

Thats the first decent and honourable thing I have seen from you, thank you ????

Please list all the decent and honorable things you have done. I'm all ears.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

This may be a great thing for those who are elderly, or have the pre-existing medical-conditions (diabetes, hypertension, extreme-obesity) which can make this virus dangerous.  Any others who want to take it also - up to them.

OTOH, if the rest of us could live life normally, herd-immunity would work, and the virus would die-out just as flu and cold bugs do every year.  When this thing first got started, we didn't know what we were dealing with, so I'm not playing a hind-sight 20:20 blame-game, here.  But with the data we have now - knowing the death-rate is far lower (infected/infected-died), and who is likely to have severe health outcomes - it's time to admit the approach used initially did NOT fit the nature of the virus, and move on.

There are reports of younger people dying or being severely incapacitated, and children developing severe inflammatory responses.

The valid concern with lockdown vs herd immunity is the damage lockdown is doing to employment, supply chains, and financial systems. OTOH, the environment is rejoicing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, anterian said:

Probably created in China and details passed to Thailand, it would be too suspicious for China to declare its creation.  

All part of the plan ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

Are those reports - for people in that age-group - beyond a typical flu-year, though?  I had a life-threatening flu as a child - still remember it, though I was very young.  We didn't shut down the country.

As to older folks, it does appear this can hit very hard.  Therefore, they would be advised to take precautions, and governments should seek to enable those who choose to take those precautions to have food, etc - until it is "safe to come out," again.

The economic factors matter, but that's not the issue I was addressing.  If this had been weaponized H5N1 (published research - thank God it didn't escape that lab in the USA), with a 60% infected/death rate, much more strict measures would have been warranted.

The inflammatory responses in young children are apparently linked directly to COVID-19, not normal flu.

I'm taking what I think are sensible precautions - zinc and vitamin supplements, exercise, social distancing etc. If others in my age group choose not to do so, they may survive. Or not.