Thai prototype vaccine passes test with flying colours

snoop1130

23 hours ago, Brunolem said:

The second wave will not happen-never happened before with a coronavirus-but the implanted fear of getting one will be enough to keep the economy from rebounding and the serfs to get a job...

It happens every year with the four coronaviruses that cause the common cold and MERS has had a resurgence every year since it started as well.

In fact it would be more accurate to say there's only one coronavirus (SARS) that didn't have a second wave (and subsequent waves). All the other coronaviruses have caused and continue to cause multiple waves of infection.

Screenshot_20200315-163013.png

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

27 minutes ago, sukhumvitneon said:

I'll trust a Thai vaccine before I'll trust anything coming out of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (TM) funded murder lab, not that I'm ever going to take a vaccine for this in the first place

The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation does not make vaccines.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Invite that Warin guy for the final testing. Tell him to bring some holy water - should definitely help.

"Prayut has stated publicly that he consults a fortune teller, Warin Buawiratlert, regularly. He said there was no harm in seeking advice. When suffering from fever and aches early in his premiership, he blamed his ills on spells cast by his political enemies and combated the malady with holy water." Wikipedia

Edited by Zikomat

2 minutes ago, sukhumvitneon said:

You missed the word "funded"

Yes "funded" not involved in the development of vaccines.

I guess you have equal disdain for any lefty snowflake liberal who has the disgusting habit of putting others before themselves.

12 hours ago, billp said:

Here’s hoping that when a vaccine is available, they’ll make it mandatory for all those entering Thailand or applying for visa extensions.

If that is the case, this dirty Farang will never go back to the Land of Scams.

Vietnam here I come.

4 hours ago, Zikomat said:

Invite that Warin guy for the final testing. Tell him to bring some holy water - should definitely help.

"Prayut has stated publicly that he consults a fortune teller, Warin Buawiratlert, regularly. He said there was no harm in seeking advice. When suffering from fever and aches early in his premiership, he blamed his ills on spells cast by his political enemies and combated the malady with holy water." Wikipedia

Hey !!

Settle down. I believe in Holy Water.

It's distilled on an island off the west coast of Scotland. It has amazing properties.

It can turn my wife into a lovely looking and attractive person for a few hours. ????????

5 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

Yes "funded" not involved in the development of vaccines.

I guess you have equal disdain for any lefty snowflake liberal who has the disgusting habit of putting others before themselves.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 1:38 PM, Krataiboy said:

Reality check. . .

One assumes the "City of Dreaming Spires'" prestigious university is aware partners AstraZeneca has had to shell out more than $1 billion in federal fines and legal settlements, for corrupting clinical trials and illegally promoting products.

The drugs giant apparently also faces several lawsuits filed by patients who say its products injured them.

https://www.drugwatch.com/manufacturers/astrazeneca/

Many companies have had to do this - faked the data, etc.  But with vaccines, at least in the USA, they have immunity, and the US-Gov pays out all claims.  Vaccines are somewhat like nuclear-power - generally-safe, but a mistake can harm or kill millions, so they are Uninsurable.

7 hours ago, sukhumvitneon said:

You missed the word "funded"

OK - they haven't funded the development of vaccines either.

At least as of April 3, according to a Business Insider article, their organisation:

has not yet committed to funding vaccine manufacturing

Although of course, if they did fund vaccines (or if they have already started to) that would be a good, not a bad thing as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer

On 5/7/2020 at 3:58 PM, bougnat said:
This is silly, since people who have recovered from covid 19 and therefore have antibodies in their blood have been infected with the virus again.

People occasionally get a "relapse" from other illnesses.  We need solid-info on this to know what is involved - either a viral-mutation (which would make existing vaccines that create those antibodies worthless), or the individuals' health condition.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Normally vaccines have a dead or weakened virus to teach our immune systems to recognise the "Enemy'. This is presented in a solution suitable to the vaccine used. This is rather like having sunscreen, which is mainly a cream, with a chemical to filter out the UV.

You left out "adjuvents" - added to make the body "react" to the dead/weakened virus.  If all that was needed was the dead/attenuated virus, the rest would be just saline.

There is also the risk the vaccinated person will have a more-severe reaction to the actual virus - something noted in animal testing of corona-virus vaccines.  It is the body's reaction that is often deadly with covid, which is why a treatment may be ideal. 

Turns out, we have a drug-combo treatment that appears very effective, but as these drugs are off-patent, it's not getting traction in the press, which is owned by the same interests who own the pharma-companies.

I am not "anti-vax" - when/if the vaccine is properly tested, and the risk of harm/death from the disease is signficant.  Many docs "stagger" their own children's vaccines, to avoid overloading them all at once (a questionable-practice), while not denying them the benefits of avoiding some of the nastiest bugs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

James Corbett an unabashed conspiracy theorist. please don your tinfoil hats before watching this nonsense.

I love how you dismiss his arguments and the facts he presents by calling him a "conspiracy theorist" so you dont need to address them.  

In other words, all you have is hyperbole and strawmen.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yourauntbob said:

I love how you dismiss his arguments and the facts he presents by calling him a "conspiracy theorist" so you dont need to address them.  

In other words, all you have is hyperbole and strawmen.  

And all you have is a vlog from a whack job conspiracy theorist.

5 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Many companies have had to do this - faked the data, etc.  But with vaccines, at least in the USA, they have immunity, and the US-Gov pays out all claims.  Vaccines are somewhat like nuclear-power - generally-safe, but a mistake can harm or kill millions, so they are Uninsurable.

No pharmaceutical company "has to" fake data and deserves to be punished if it does. No government should indemnify drugs companies against their mistakes or bail them out with taxpayer money when their products harm those they were supposed to help.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 6:19 AM, hioctane said:

You realize that others are way further ahead? Many are at the clinical test stage already (with humans). This is the longest stage. It usually takes a year or more. FYI, you don’t just inject a bunch of people with the vaccine and them send them into a room full of covid patients. That is why it takes so long. 

I wouldn't be surprised the Chinese do as you describe in a prison camp.

On 5/8/2020 at 11:57 PM, Krataiboy said:

No pharmaceutical company "has to" fake data and deserves to be punished if it does. No government should indemnify drugs companies against their mistakes or bail them out with taxpayer money when their products harm those they were supposed to help.

My bad - typo - did not mean "has to" - meant "DO".  I agree with you entirely.  Life without parole would be too kind.

• Like 1

Well if we can believe it well done but its Thailand folks, lots of fanfare and press announcements for anything that happens here.

if it comes off and is effective good for Thais, if another failed to delivery project, back to the labs Profs and starting getting ready for the next pandemic.

On 5/10/2020 at 5:41 AM, Phil McCaverty said:

"Facts" from some mentally deficient conspiracy nut that not even a 5 year old would believe. Put that tinfoil hat back on for the sake of all of us.

Facts are facts, doesnt matter who is stating them.  

And if you want to look at unreliable sources, feel free to start with corporate media.  CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and the lot of them have been caught time and again completely distorting the truth and outright lying to their viewers.  The same way they served you up some kool-aid to not believe anything outside the official narrative.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1