Possible to purchase prescribed diabetic and high blood pressure medicine over the counter?

Please do advice,

I'm looking for
1) Forxiga 10MG (dapagliflozin) 
2) Norvasc 10MG (amlodipine besylate)

3) Cozzar 100MG 

All of which are for diabetes and high blood pressure. Is there any place in bangkok where i can actually buy these over the shelf or would i need to show a doctor's prescription? 
Please do advice or help, its urgent. Do i need a thai native speaker to converse with pharmacies too? 

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

Take your old prescription medicine containers to most any pharmacy...you may want to check with more than one as prices do vary.

Should be no problem...good luck.

Thank you for the advice. I just checked that the following above are not controlled drugs.
Its actually meant for my relative. If i were to bring a overseas prescription will that work too? 

Edited by truemove

1 hour ago, truemove said:

Thank you for the advice. I just checked that the following above are not controlled drugs.
Its actually meant for my relative. If i were to bring a overseas prescription will that work too? 

Yes, unless they have recently change their operating procedures.

A prescription written and filled overseas can be refilled indefinitely in a Thai pharmacy...that has been my experience for years...

• Like 1

I have been using Diabex ( metformin) for diabetic managements been on  it for many years and is the drug to go to preferred by many physicians all over the world cheap and easy to find, medicines in streets pharmacies are OK, should try Boots pharmacies or at any hospital but priced are higher than street pharmacies...

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

should try Boots pharmacies or at any hospital

No and no.

Boots only carries a very small selection of drugs.  And any hospital will (a) require you to have a consultation first, and (b) charge a lot for any medication.

Just write the generic names and doses on a piece of paper and hand it to the pharmacist at any large pharmacy.

Generics will be substantially cheaper than imported, branded drugs.  For example, Losartan GPO is cheaper than Cozaar, but has exactly the same active ingredient.  (Forxiga doesn't appear to have a local generic, unfortunately.)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

A prescription written and filled overseas can be refilled indefinitely in a Thai pharmacy...that has been my experience for years...

That is absolutely untrue. Foreign prescriptions have no validity here.

However most drugs that require a prescription in the West do not require one in Thailand.

What you have likely experienced is just a non-prescription sale with your foreign prescription used to identify the drug. You could  just as easily write the name yourself on a scrap of paper.

Drugs that rare  prescription-only under Thai law cannot be obtained using a foreign prescription (though showing one to a Thai doctor may increase willingness to prescribe).

@truemove  all 3 of the drugs you mention are sold over the counter here, no script need. The Forxiga is available only in that brand, and being imported will be very expensive. There are many cheap local brands of amlodipine so I suggest you ask by generic rather than the imported brand name. I assume you meant to say Cozaar, which is losartan; there are several low cost local brands of this including losaraten GPO. Ask for those instead.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, truemove said:

Is it possible to mail medicine out of thailand?

Probably not, but you need to check the customs regs of the country you would be mailing to.

Also note that at the moment most foreign airmail service is suspended due to COVID.