Video: Thank goodness for CCTV after little girl's mum claimed motorcyclist fled the scene

webfact

18 hours ago, lee b said:

How on earth could the mother claim that the bike rider fled the scene? She should have the cctv tape rammed down her neck. The rider did the best possible thing he could in that situation.

To take the blame off her self for not supervising her child, i would say.

Two things: First, that girl is plenty old enough to understand you don't run into the road blindly so what the heck have her parents been teaching her? 

Second, that motorbike driver should sue her for slander, loss of face, damage to reputation and anything else he can think of

Edited by Cereal
spelling
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, djayz said:

So if she doesn't suffocate, then she'll be run over. Prize parents. 

She wasn't run over and she didn't suffocate but why might she have suffocated in an air-conditioned vehicle?

Edited by Bob A Kneale

20 hours ago, brokenbone said:

unfortunately far too many motorists have the same unpredictable

way of popping into existence in my lane as this girl,

with a much higher momentum

This doesn't make sense.

18 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

She wasn't run over and she didn't suffocate but why might she have suffocated in an air-conditioned vehicle?

You don't honestly think it's okay to leave children alone in venicles, air-conditioned or otherwise, do you? 

There have been numerous cases of children suffocating in vehicles reported here over the years. 

No, she wasn't run over, but that was a very close call! My compliments to the rider for his quick reaction. I honestly don't know if I would have been able to react so quickly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, djayz said:
24 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

There have been numerous cases of children suffocating in vehicles reported here over the years. 

There hasn't ever been one case reported of a child suffocating in an air-conditioned vehicle.

Any sensible parent knowing they left their child unattended in the car which was not locked so the child could escape and run out into the street, would naturally say thank you and keep quiet. In this case the parent sees an opportunity for a money grab and wants to sue the driver of the motorcycle for driving away from an accident. Now have the evidence of CCTV, it is clear that the driver was not at fault and in fact assisted the child to safety. My advice to the bike driver, counter sue her. She'll think twice about neglecting her child and appreciate a fellow human was only trying to help because of her lack of parenting.

• Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 4:28 PM, ratcatcher said:

Frankly, I would have thought the mother would have been ecstatic that her daughter had not received more serious injuries and was full of self recrimination.

Got to feel sorry for the child.

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 4:10 PM, lee b said:

How on earth could the mother claim that the bike rider fled the scene? She should have the cctv tape rammed down her neck. The rider did the best possible thing he could in that situation.

She is Thai isn't she?

23 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

For the air-con to be on the engine must be running and it's very possibee in an auto box for a kid to knock it into drive or reverse. Older vehicles may not be well maintained and safety select not that good ie foot on brake before you can shift or start. My old car was like that until I replaced the safety switch on the auto-box.

So the added danger is the vehicle driving into the  traffic flow

New-Automatic-Transmission-Neutral-Safety-Switch-for-CHEVROLET-AVEO-AVEO5-PONTIAC-G3-WAVE-OEM-84540-80A020.jpg_q50.jpg

Edited by overherebc
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, overherebc said:
23 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

For the air-con to be on the engine must be running and it's very possibee in an auto box for a kid to knock it into drive or reverse. Older vehicles may not be well maintained and safety select not that good ie foot on brake before you can shift or start. My old car was like that until I replaced the safety switch on the auto-box.

Well, that didn't happen in this case and neither have there been any reports of it happening in any other cases previously.  What has that got to do with suffocation, anyway? 

Have you heard of the device that every car has, called a handbrake, that stops movement of the car?  Maybe you think that all these children that you seem to suggest exist left in cars accidentally select drive or reverse, accidentally release the handbrake and then accidentally stand on the accelerator?

Edited by Bob A Kneale

48 minutes ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Well, that didn't happen in this case and neither have there been any reports of it happening in any other cases previously.  What has that got to do with suffocation, anyway? 

Have you heard of the device that every car has, called a handbrake, that stops movement of the car?  Maybe you think that all these children that you seem to suggest exist left in cars accidentally select drive or reverse, accidentally release the handbrake and then accidentally stand on the accelerator?

Basically I'm pointing out the total stupidity of leaving any child in any vehicle with the engine running aircon or no aircon.

Plus I know a lot of people who never use a handbrake in an auto car unless they park on a fairly steep slope. Select into P is very much the norm' for many.

However if you say you'd feel ok leaving your kid(s) in a vehicle with the engine running then that's your decision.

Couple of images where a woman left 3 young kids in the vehicle to go a pay for petrol. One managed to knock it into reverse and it hit the petrol pump causing a fire.

Luckily a passerby got the kids out before anyone was hurt.

screenshot-2018-03-28-at-3.10.52-pm-0.jpeg

screenshot-2018-03-28-at-3.11.06-pm.jpeg

Edited by overherebc

On 5/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, lee b said:

She wanted alot of money