Malaria drug touted by Trump for coronavirus fails another test

webfact

The American people will stick with "the goose" for another term.

Shows to me the mentallity of over 50% of Americans.

The man is not only a failure but is dangerous.

Mind you, I am not impressed with his counterpart across the pond in the UK either.

Response & attitude of these two if not so serious would be comical

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, cooked said:

Anybody? Anybody actually read the medical research? Inconclusive is all you can call it. There is no money to be made from this out of patent drug. There is a fortune to be made from a successful cure, or better still a vaccine that everybody in the world would have to submit to according to Bill Gates who coincidentally is involved in research for a vaccine. 

So what? Isn't a vaccine the best way to get rid of the coronavirus pandemic?

As concerns Bill Gates, the money put in vaccine R&D was a donation, not a business investment by one of his companies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

1. HIV/AIDS Relief: Trump has set forth a bold new plan regarding HIV/AIDS in America. Find the info at:  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/18/health/trump-hiv-aids-blacks.html

2. Union Representation: The trade deal his administration made with Mexico and Canada came with the caveat that Mexico would overhaul its labor laws. Previously NAFTA helped keep unionization out of Mexico as U.S. companies sought cheap labor there. 

3. Salary Donation: Trump actually has a good record keeping campaign promises. According to Politifact, who kept a similar record for Obama, Trump has kept in some form or is working on more than half of the promises made on the campaign trail. One of those promises was that he would donate his presidential salary rather than keep it, and every year he has done exactly that.

4. Gun Control: it’s somewhat ironic that Trump has embraced gun control in small ways. His administration used powers already granted to the justice department to ban bump stocks, the accessories that allow semi-automatic rifles to mimic automatic ones. 

5. Prison Reform:  Among its initiatives are expansion of earned-time credits, more chances for prisoners to slowly transition from prison to society through halfway homes, time off sentences for vocational achievements, and better approaches to mandatory sentencing that retroactively reduce drug sentences of ridiculous length.

I forgot to credit my source and do not wish to be called a "Plagiarist". My source was the "HoustonPress", available at https://www.houstonpress.com/news/5-objectively-good-things-trump-has-done-11286106 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I may be mistaken (not the first time ... lol), but; The use of hydroxychloroquine and its being of benefit (a striking impact as touted by one French doctor publicised/reported) to Covid 19 sufferers comes from administering doses very early in the symptom cycle NOT at the stage when patients become critically ill. 

As for the fantasy, denial ridden proposition by some TV posters that an evil empire of oppositional press has misused in some way the taped utterances by DT is utter rubbish. Just as fantastical was the Administration staffers saying he was just tossing/chewing out loud the ideas of what he had been told just prior to the pres debacle, negligent, harmful, brain-snap behaviour he presided over. 

The unedited tape of his talking about bleach and disinfectant and light 'therapy????!!!!' which I have watched many times is quite clear. DT did float the idea that injecting and by other means using internally in the human body disinfectant and bleach as a treatment possibility for Covid 19 is on the record. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Plenty of Doctors who have come out supporting the treatment.

Really?  How many have published their results?  Are these doctors legitimate researchers, or fame wh*res appearing on television to tout undocumented success?

Edited by heybruce
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

I may be mistaken (not the first time ... lol), but; The use of hydroxychloroquine and its being of benefit (a striking impact as touted by one French doctor publicised/reported) to Covid 19 sufferers comes from administering doses very early in the symptom cycle NOT at the stage when patients become critically ill. 

As for the fantasy, denial ridden proposition by some TV posters that an evil empire of oppositional press has misused in some way the taped utterances by DT is utter rubbish. Just as fantastical was the Administration staffers saying he was just tossing/chewing out loud the ideas of what he had been told just prior to the pres debacle, negligent, harmful, brain-snap behaviour he presided over. 

The unedited tape of his talking about bleach and disinfectant and light 'therapy????!!!!' which I have watched many times is quite clear. DT did float the idea that injecting and by other means using internally in the human body disinfectant and bleach as a treatment possibility for Covid 19 is on the record. 

"The use of hydroxychloroquine and its being of benefit (a striking impact as touted by one French doctor publicised/reported) to Covid 19 sufferers comes from administering doses very early in the symptom cycle NOT at the stage when patients become critically ill."

I see.  So your argument is that in countries that have controlled the Covid 19 outbreak and have adequate health care for all this treatment might have promise.

In countries such as the US where the outbreak is still very much out of control and people are asked to not seek medical care or try to get tested unless their symptoms are severe, hydroxychloroquine is of no proven use.

Got it.

11 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

OAN

Surprised that OAN, which has WH press credentials, is not viewed as a credible news outlet. If we had to rely on the main news outlets we would remain blissfully ignorant. ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Your links are not to published studies and results.  They are news links to speculative anecdotal evidence and ambivalent endorsements of the use of hydroxychloroquine while more research is done.

If one does not know the difference between credible studies and speculation, one should learn the difference before commenting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Your links are not to published studies and results.  They are news links to speculative anecdotal evidence and ambivalent endorsements of the use of hydroxychloroquine while more research is done.

If one does not know the difference between credible studies and speculation, one should learn the difference before commenting.

Why do you think I'm under some obligation to link to published studies and results? BIZARRE.

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Why do you think comments regarding the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine have any credibility without some credible science supporting them?

Interesting reply.... I must have missed your post that says the same thing about the article posted that began the discussion. Based on your standard, there is no reason to believe the article. It's not a published study and results, only "speculation". YOUR OWN WORDS. It appears it's not me who can't tell the difference between credible studies and speculation. But here, just to help you out:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924857920300996

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2020/04/11/professor-didier-raoult-releases-the-results-of-a-new-hydroxychloroquine-treatment-study-on-1061-patients/

Edited by Crazy Alex
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I read the link, problem is the site referenced, Principia scientific international, really is a conspiracy theory site.

I am glad that you read the reference. It shows that you are willing to expand your knowledge. Always a good thing I believe.

Once again though, everything depends on one's point of view. Naming the site as a conspiracy theory is just an opinion. Only time will tell which climate arguments are correct. I thank you for your input, and have a great Rona-free day.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

OAN are Right leaning but the term Far-Right has no real meaning. I might consider the likes of CNN and MSNBC to be far Left because they promote falsehoods and conspiracy theories, so does that mean you cannot use them as a reference on TVF. It is all subjective, depending on your particular political bias is it not?

It's an old liberal trick. Rather than try to rebut or refute, disqualify the source altogether. Intellectual laziness.

• Haha 2