"Good news soon": Murder of German who taught English has damaged the image of Thailand, says media

webfact

It's the neighbours! Just going from personal experience in every place ive lived for the past cohooe decades in 12 different homes and some built with my own hands and the seemingly pointless mention of being friendly with neighbours is exactly what would be said when im finally murdered i reckon. Ive had real death threats and nobody cares but if i do the same thing back the police are here in a heartbeat. Commitees, task forces, etc, are not needed if the police werent so dam lazy, racist and corrupt. Hope this is sorted, person caught and splashed all over the world to see. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, webfact said:

He ordered a number of separate task forces to be set up to investigate every angle of the crime.

Always the creation of more committees for hot air blowing; free lunches; head-nodding; oh AND photo-ops.

According to Amarin TV channel, police have concluded the German's death was suicide due to stress at being penniless due to his school's shutdown. His ex wife, who gave him 40 baht, was seen riding her motorbike on CCTV away from his house, after that he was seen outside by various people, putting out his rubbish and going to a shop. 

The post mortem revealed he hadn't eaten, a sign he had no money to buy food 

His discarded wallet, the forced entry of the back window, the open back door were said to have been done by the deceased to hide his suicide.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

You might want to check out the link at the top of the page.

Screenshot 2020-05-10 at 11.29.59 PM.png

I am fine. I just wonder sometimes it would be cheaper if i was dead and less head aches lol

On 5/8/2020 at 11:48 AM, OnTheGround said:

That they currently have suspects under investigation, and expect more to be revealed to the public within few days.  

Ex wife - new gf - bf to one of the 2 previous mentioned, burglary gone wrong. Debt not paid back.

Surely it was suicide, solves all the problems, save Thailand face, less work (not that they could really any less) for the BIB and closes the case. 

17 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Surely it was suicide, solves all the problems, save Thailand face, less work (not that they could really any less) for the BIB and closes the case. 

Actually, 'till I heard about that opened back door I thought suicide was a possibility, what, with knife being nearby and him being on his bed. An unusual method but not unheard of. The lack of a note mostly kills that theory. Please, if you're going to committ suicide at least have the courtesy to leave a note. Shouldn't be that hard of a case to solve - they have the knife, they have the suspects, they have a motive (40,000bt), pathetic though it might be - a fingerprint check? 

13 hours ago, bannork said:

His discarded wallet, the forced entry of the back window, the open back door were said to have been done by the deceased to hide his suicide.

Or could have been done by someone close to him to make it look like a stranger did it. Hopefully a complete forensic analysis is performed.

1 hour ago, canopy said:

Or could have been done by someone close to him to make it look like a stranger did it. Hopefully a complete forensic analysis is performed.

You jest, complete forensic analysis - - even with the world's press watching the Kho Tao murder unfold they screwed that one up as well. 

On 5/8/2020 at 12:47 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So if a particular murder doesn't harm Thailand's image, then there wouldn't need to be a full police investigation???

Do they have a "quickie" or "mini" murder investigation when "image" isn't involved?

Yes, they use the word "Suicide"

3 minutes ago, MiNombreEsFicticious said:

funny how there's no more discussion of the 40,000 baht the man's mother sent him, I guess the ex-wife had to use that money to purchase the suicide verdict. Terribly sad way to go and I hope the man's daughter might help to truth be revealed some day. Rest in peace.

The news reports said he hadn't received the money. When he went to the shop he bought roll up tobacco rather than his usual cigarettes. The only DNA found on his wallet, the window and door was his. 

I don't think he would try to disguise it as murder as implied earlier, those in a desperate situation are surely not that cool headed.

Apparently he was a well liked figure in the community, and had been a reacher for years, could he not have asked the school for a loan? 

Perhaps he already had.

Just now, Artisi said:

You jest, complete forensic analysis - - even with the world's press watching the Kho Tao murder unfold they screwed that one up as well. 

No screw up, turned out just the way they wanted it to.

31 minutes ago, bannork said:

The news reports said he hadn't received the money. When he went to the shop he bought roll up tobacco rather than his usual cigarettes. The only DNA found on his wallet, the window and door was his. 

I don't think he would try to disguise it as murder as implied earlier, those in a desperate situation are surely not that cool headed.

Apparently he was a well liked figure in the community, and had been a reacher for years, could he not have asked the school for a loan? 

Perhaps he already had.

What was the guy's financial situation. I know I bought rolled up tobacco when I was struggling. An English teacher, Coronavirus, late 50s, not the best situation to be in. 

37 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

No screw up, turned out just the way they wanted it to.

no argument there, however I was highlighting the complete and utter screw-up of the forensics that was being touted as world class by the BIB to justify their dodgy results and crime analysis. 

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2020 at 1:08 PM, Grumpy John said:

The scary part, in my opinion, is the fact that a German was employed to teach English!  No offence to the deceased is intended as I truely believe the is no-one better to teach English than a native English speaker...which excludes anyone from the USA, Scotland, Ireland, Africa and NZ.  Which only leaves the English and Australians.  ????

I believe GJ typed the above with his tongue firmly nudging his cheek. According to "The Fatal Shore" a book by Robert Hughes on the founding of Australia, the first few shipments of English folks to the new shore consisted of convicts or prisoners who were given the choice of freedom in the new world vs. warm homey existence in good old Brit "gaol." So one can only savor in one's imagination the quality of English spoken, or maybe even written, in the early days of Oz...On the other hand, I eons ago took a CELTA course in Siam Center to prepare for my new expat career as an ESL teacher. Many of my classmates were Brits. One among them was a lively young lady with a crunchy Cockney accent the moment she opened her mouth I felt a pang of compassion for her future students. (As a matter of fact another classmate from said course was a Russian gal, could barely put a sentence together in English but she looked like Lady Godiva, so all was well.)

On 5/8/2020 at 11:11 AM, webfact said:

The victim was a popular man with his neighbors and his death was bad for the image of Thailand said 77kaoded, thus prompting a full police investigation.

The moral of the story, unless you are a popular man, there won't be a full police investigation if you get killed.

Maybe he had personal problems ?  I never imagine seeing myself being murdered by someone in Thailand, but I normally stay away from dangerous situations. 
Also I choose to live in a condo with security, I do not want a stranger to kill me at night. 

wow just read some of the comments, i was mostly joking about a "suicide" ruling. Are we going back to the days of farang heads hanging from bridges in plastic bags or bodies washing up on the beach with hands wired behind their backs being ruled suicide?

For the record, under no circumstances will i ever even consider suicide so when they find my body i may (probably) have done something to cause it to happen, but i certainly did not do it myself or condone someone doing it to me.????‍♂️