Thailand reports eight new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

webfact

1 hour ago, Kmoore said:

The other 50pct of people on this site say it's a hoax.  Well, which is it?

Lets , just call it a Lab  development ,  which was strategy  released .

World economy , in  total shutdown .

We wait for the next episode ..

5 hours ago, J Town said:

The US president has said he does not want a large testing process set up because the numbers will make him look bad.

the UK numbers are rising because the testing has been given a boost but the USA has officially tested 8.3 million people, far more then any other nation so I hardly think its avoiding the issue.

Thailand has tested 277k in a country of 70 million.. Very small number, remember that most people get the virus and don't get very sick. if you are only testing the ones who are sick you are not getting a clear understanding of the spread at all. 

I suspect however that Thailand is not suffering so much, i believe that the climate has probably saved the Thai people from a huge outbreak. I don't really understand why everyone is getting back to work now if the numbers are true.

3 hours ago, elliss said:

Lets , just call it a Lab  development ,  which was strategy  released .

World economy , in  total shutdown .

We wait for the next episode ..

are you David Icke? So what is the end game of this miraculous global conspiracy. A conspiracy where every country in the world is in on it fooling the people. So China is collaborating with the USA? Does it really make sense to you that for the first time in history all the governments in the world and all the medical professionals in the world are having secret meetings to create a total global conspiracy? Or do you think it is a pandemic that has simply spread across an overpopulated world? hmmm, i know what my common sense tells me.

• Thanks 1

Why did they shut down Pattaya when they say most cases are from the deep South?

With the military that they have already stationed down there dealing with the separatists then you'd think it would be easy enough to sanction that area instead.

Interesting piece here from The Lancet which is a very well respected medical journal

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31035-7/fulltext

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

And the mad crazy control freaks in control make the decision to close schools, shops, beaches , curfews .. with less than 3000 cases and 55 deaths over 2 months. No respect for Thailand anymore  

Yes  so did most countries.Do you have a better solution?I hate to guess what the  figures would have been otherwise

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GAZZPA said:

the UK numbers are rising because the testing has been given a boost but the USA has officially tested 8.3 million people, far more then any other nation so I hardly think its avoiding the issue.

It's how many people per capita that makes the difference. Sure, the US has tested many people but they have a larger population than most countries. It's the percentage of the population where the US is sadly behind all other countries, and the current administration isn't interested in a more aggressive testing policy. The direct quote from the president: "So, in a way, by doing all of this testing, we make ourselves look bad."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-says-too-much-coronavirus-testing-makes-us-look-bad-2020-5

Look at how Vietnam is testing in numbers that shame the rest of the world and they currently have about the best situation on the globe:

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus-testing

Florida has ordered all coroners to stop reporting the number of deaths because the number of deaths reported by the medical examiners (the actual numbers) were 10% higher than the numbers reported by the state coroners office.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/495295-florida-ordered-coroners-to-stop-releasing-coronavirus-death-data-report

Smells like a cover up to me.

2 hours ago, SidJames said:

Why did they shut down Pattaya when they say most cases are from the deep South?

They shut it down and now there are virtually no cases currently in Pattaya. Perfect example of "tough love."

So I see the covid-whiners have started to put their faith in the second wave.

Presumably a bit disappointed in the (non-horrific) outcome of the first wave were you guys?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, SidJames said:

With the military that they have already stationed down there dealing with the separatists then you'd think it would be easy enough to sanction that area instead.

Interesting piece here from The Lancet which is a very well respected medical journal

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)31035-7/fulltext

The interesting piece from the Lancet seems to conclude that the world should let the bu%%er (Covid) swing because a lockdown mentatlity failed to prevent loads of deaths among old people in care homes (in that part of the world that shuts its old people away in such institutions).

All his data proves is that its madness to collect all the old and sick people together in one place in a world of pandemics.

The article is so first-world orientated I'm surprised the well-respected medical journal published it.

On 5/8/2020 at 12:05 PM, webfact said:

Five other new cases are migrants who have been detained at an immigration detention centre in southern Songkhla province, Taweesin said. The centre has seen 60 other cases in the past two weeks.

Welcome to the new normal, folks. Get ready for the "second wave" of stupidity. TIT

On 5/9/2020 at 4:35 AM, J Town said:

Florida has ordered all coroners to stop reporting the number of deaths because the number of deaths reported by the medical examiners (the actual numbers) were 10% higher than the numbers reported by the state coroners office.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/495295-florida-ordered-coroners-to-stop-releasing-coronavirus-death-data-report

Smells like a cover up to me.

I'm sure we're not having a similar issue of 10% more people dying than reported here because:

1) the Thai government is being open and honest with us,

2) if 10% more Thai people were dying there would be mounds of bodies which would get reported,

3) if that were happening, some Thai person would alert us via social media (they don't use social media in Florida, I think), also

4) our weather is even hotter and somtam.

• Haha 2

On 5/8/2020 at 5:48 PM, Old Croc said:

With so many cases occurring in the detention facility it's clear Thailand is failing greatly in their duty of care. The human rights people will be getting involved soon.

Who's in this centre, migrant workers, Rohinga? 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/human-rights-watch-says-thailand-should-free-detained-migrants