Uk Non O docs

I am one of those who got stuck outside Thailand when the flight access was cancelled and my extension of stay has run out. I was going to apply for a 60 tourist visa but thought as I actually "live" (i.e my residence for 20 years) in Thailand I would be better with the non 0 (it would be one less visit for me to to CW as I would not have to convert to non O before applying for extension of stay).

I am now looking at the non O additional paperwork (London).....

• Non-Immigrant Type (Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wants to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days) - single entry only)
  •  
  • Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland

I don't have a UK state pension (have a private pension though) so was looking at providing the bank account statements. Does anyone know if they want originals or will print outs do? My banks are in Thailand with a Thai address so getting hold of a proper hard statement might not be possible. 

Are there any other oddities I should be aware of? (I figure if too difficult I might be better opting for the 60 day tourist visa but might seem odd to them as I have been in Thailand so long).

Any help/guideance appreciated

PS I am aware I cannot come back until there's a change of policy from the Gov

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Copies are enough since that is what you will upload when applying online.

They do not ask for originals when picking up your visa at the embassy.

Thanks Joe!

11 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Is the Thai Embassy in London currently processing visas, if so if I apply for a 90 Day Non 0 based of being in receipt of my State. pension that have 90 days from the date of issue to enter Thailand ?

Not sure if the embassy is issuing visas. 

A single entry non-o visa is valid for entry for 3 months from the date of issue.

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure if the embassy is issuing visas. 

A single entry non-o visa is valid for entry for 3 months from the date of issue.

On 5/8/2020 at 4:48 PM, MRToMRT said:
  • Non-Immigrant Type (Retirement (pensioner aged 50 or above with a state pension who wants to stay in Thailand for no longer than 90 days) - single entry only)
  •  
  • Financial evidence e.g. A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000

MRToMRT posed a very helpful question to me as I am in a similar situation, although still in Thailand at the moment, I have to return to UK for 2/3 months probably in June. Now the non O retirement is single entry it changes the picture.

1) You appear to confirm though that a state pension statement is still enough for non O as before

2) If returning with non O I presume it is ok to get married on return, and transfer to a marriage certificate.

3) There is this:-

"You must give proof that you have at least 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account in your name, and that it has been there for at least 2 months).

Or, you must prove that you have a monthly income or pension of at least 40,000 baht per month (this can be done though an affidavit from your foreign embassy or.

Or, have a combination of the money cleared in a Thai bank and an annual pension totaling at least 400,000 baht." 

This last sentence puzzles me, does that mean a UK pension of say 240,000 bhats and a bank deposit of say 160,000 together are enough?

4) Do I have to worry about this:- "Other documents which may be requested:"

A Police Clearance.

A Medical Certificate.

5) Is health insurance to Thai requirements now compulsory with Non O marriage.

Thanks Ubon Joe as always for your knowledgable information.

Edited by Nigel Garvie

21 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

"You must give proof that you have at least 400,000 baht in a Thai bank account in your name, and that it has been there for at least 2 months).

Or, you must prove that you have a monthly income or pension of at least 40,000 baht per month (this can be done though an affidavit from your foreign embassy or.

Or, have a combination of the money cleared in a Thai bank and an annual pension totaling at least 400,000 baht." 

This last sentence puzzles me, does that mean a UK pension of say 240,000 bhats and a bank deposit of say 160,000 together are enough?

A Police Clearance.

A Medical Certificate.

Which website did you get that information from?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

2) If returning with non O I presume it is ok to get married on return, and transfer to a marriage certificate.

3. Not sure where you found that.

The 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or 40k baht income is correct. There is no combination of money in the bank and income allowed for an extension based upon marriage.

If you are from the UK you cannot get proof of income from you embassy anymore. You have to prove the 40k baht by showing transfers into a Thai bank now.

17 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

A Police Clearance.

A Medical Certificate.

None of those is needed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

3. Not sure where you found that.

The 400k baht in a Thai bank for 2 months or 40k baht income is correct. There is no combination of money in the bank and income allowed for an extension based upon marriage.

If you are from the UK you cannot get proof of income from you embassy anymore. You have to prove the 40k baht by showing transfers into a Thai bank now.

None of those is needed.

Thanks for the info.

This is the site which I see Tanoshi asked as well.

https://immigrationbangkok.com/thai-marriage-visa/

Obviously not correct.