In leaked call, Obama describes Trump handling of virus as chaotic

rooster59

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

Does it not work the other way, too? Never heard other presidents criticizing their predecessors.

The word "Obama" drives Trump crazy. 

That is true and Trump is crazy, but we are in the process of making a U turn and you can expect all kinds of craziness over the next decade till things get back on track.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, simple1 said:

Incorrect. Respect for the President of the USA is important for the global Rule of Law and influence of the Western democracies. trump's arrogance, current path to isolation and disregard for the Rule of Law will be proven to be a grave error of leadership, as it has been in other times of history.

The United States of America is NOT "Western Democracies". The USA follows US law only unless it decided to do on its own accord. Your opinion is irrelevant. Nations likewise choose on their own accord to ally with the USA or not, and Isolationism is a matter of degree, and needlessly shipping globally serves no purpose other then to destroy local economies for profit.

3 hours ago, WalkingOrders said:

The link to WAPO is behind a payment firewall so I cant read it. But curious as to why you would post this as if anonymous sourced drival about private conversations should be taken as fact? It could be propaganda designed to scare the CCP( obviously it has), or a lie, or a false narrative created from mear questions or hypotheticals from a conversation. Yet you post as fact? 

dude, there are multiple reports that trump and his advisors are "considering" this action.  i mentioned it.  you asked what i meaned.  i told ya.  you didn't specifically axe for a quote/link, just an explanation.  i went to the trouble to find a link for you.  sorry i bothered.   'member, the googles is free for everyone to use.

here's another link.   to "stars and stripes" so it's gotta be for realz!  this one even names a source.

In private, Trump and aides have discussed stripping China of its “sovereign immunity,” aiming to enable the U.S. government or victims to sue China for damages. George Sorial, who served as a top executive at the Trump Organization and is now involved in a class-action lawsuit against China, told The Washington Post that he and senior White House officials have discussed limiting China’s sovereign immunity. Legal experts say an attempt to limit China’s sovereign immunity would be extremely difficult to accomplish and might require congressional legislation.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/us-officials-craft-retaliatory-actions-against-china-over-pandemic-1.627937

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

That is true and Trump is crazy, but we are in the process of making a U turn and you can expect all kinds of craziness over the next decade till things get back on track.

The President of the United States is not crazy. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

dude, there are multiple reports that trump and his advisors are "considering" this action.  i mentioned it.  you asked what i meaned.  i told ya.  you didn't specifically axe for a quote/link, just an explanation.  i went to the trouble to find a link for you.  sorry i bothered.   'member, the googles is free for everyone to use.

here's another link.   to "stars and stripes" so it's gotta be for realz!  this one even names a source.

In private, Trump and aides have discussed stripping China of its “sovereign immunity,” aiming to enable the U.S. government or victims to sue China for damages. George Sorial, who served as a top executive at the Trump Organization and is now involved in a class-action lawsuit against China, told The Washington Post that he and senior White House officials have discussed limiting China’s sovereign immunity. Legal experts say an attempt to limit China’s sovereign immunity would be extremely difficult to accomplish and might require congressional legislation.

https://www.stripes.com/news/us/us-officials-craft-retaliatory-actions-against-china-over-pandemic-1.627937

I don't speak that slang man, whatever language that is. Again, no credence in multi circular reporting of same claimed event. And I pointed out that you posted a link that does not offer a free read...meaning the link is a waste of time as it is unreadable.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

You can voice your opinion all you want, but the reality is the opinion of anyone outside the US is irrelevant.

other voices become really, really, bigly important when the us regime wants to craft foreign policy.

kinda hard to punish your enemies when no other country gets on board.  how do you enforce unilateral sanctions, push through united nations resolutions, build coalitions of the willing, or keep "maximum pressure" on naughty countries with no irrelevant outside support?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ChouDoufu said:

other voices become really, really, bigly important when the us regime wants to craft foreign policy.

kinda hard to punish your enemies when no other country gets on board.  how do you enforce unilateral sanctions, push through united nations resolutions, build coalitions of the willing, or keep "maximum pressure" on naughty countries with no irrelevant outside support?

I think that you may understand me that the days of attempting to cajole any nation to get onboard with US policy should be over! You are onboard or you are not. That simple. If you are not, no hard feelings simply take care of yourself. Trade with friends. Don't trade with backstabbers. Bi lateral vs multilateral. Centered on self interest. Disengage from intanglements. Be selective. A lot of nations are going to align with China. Good luck to them and goodbye. As for Europe deal with Russia on your own. US troops should withdraw. Shipping? Defend your own. 

18 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

The President of the United States is not crazy. 

i agree with you completely.  too informal.  prefer "deranged" or "insane" for upcoming 25th amendment proceedings:

Both are similar to mad or mentally deranged. However, these two words are often used in different contexts; crazy is mostly used in informal speech whereas insane is more used in formal or legal contexts. This disparity in usage is the key difference between crazy and insane.

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-crazy-and-vs-insane/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i agree with you completely.  too informal.  prefer "deranged" or "insane" for upcoming 25th amendment proceedings:

Both are similar to mad or mentally deranged. However, these two words are often used in different contexts; crazy is mostly used in informal speech whereas insane is more used in formal or legal contexts. This disparity in usage is the key difference between crazy and insane.

https://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-crazy-and-vs-insane/

Congratulations you are now qualified to use a Thesaurus! Advance to level II propagandizer.

A post using an unapproved Facebook source has been removed:

18) Social Media content is not to be used as  source material unless it is from a recognized or approved news media source,  the source of any such material (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube  etc.) should always be shown.

Off topic bickering posts and replies regarding a news source is behind a paywall or subscription have been removed. 

While members are allowed to express their opinions in these discussions, it is suggested that the discussion continues in a civil manner, if not, suspensions will be issued. 

1 hour ago, lannarebirth said:

You will need to rebuild a disgraced and demoralized Democrat party from nothing to accomplish that task. A new brand name will be needed for sure.... I mean...if you are an American Democrat.

Edited by WalkingOrders
Clarity

32 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

No permission to access. They must be restricting outside local area. I am in Thailand.

I can see it from within Thailand and ad blocker.

4 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Changing demographics will render the GOP in its present iteration meaningless. The Trump era is the last hurrah for those who yearn for a return to the lily white 50's.

Almost certainly false. Today's youth are well and truly fed up with affirmative action, open borders, the breakdown of law and order in states like California, and a hateful mainstream media. Just look at Nick Sandmann, who was attacked and vilified - OK come we all remember the threads on his big day out. Stories like his of kids defeating the giants of globalism are truly inspiring. After a decade of violent suppression of conservatism/patriotism at schools/universitys kids today know it's OK to be conservative. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_2019_Lincoln_Memorial_confrontation

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

The Democrats own the House.  They'll soon own the Senate and WH.  The Republican Party is no longer...surely you can see this.  They have sold their soul to Trump and he'll be gone soon.  The GOP I knew used to stand for something.  The only thing they stand for anymore is enabling Trump's dishonesty, incompetence, and corruption. 

Your rant is irrelevant and has nothing to do with this topic! Mr. Obama political rhetoric not only reeks of bad taste but most importantly has indirectly attacked the task force , health experts  and the excellent effort they have shown over the months!

21 minutes ago, riclag said:

Your rant is irrelevant and has nothing to do with this topic! Mr. Obama political rhetoric not only reeks of bad taste but most importantly has indirectly attacked the task force , health experts  and the excellent effort they have shown over the months!

And that's Mr Trumps prerogative

• Like 2