Company owners banned from closing down business during emergency

3 minutes ago, keithet said:

So Chang and Singha group needs to stay open and keep staff even when alcohol ban? 

Thaibev and Boon Rawd Brewery make product other than beer but I'd expect the  alcoholic beverages they manufacture for export would have been kept running though.

1 hour ago, keithet said:

So Chang and Singha group needs to stay open and keep staff even when alcohol ban? 

Similar in the UK. If they re-opened car factories now:

1. They've almost certainly got a big inventory of new cars that need to be sold before producing more.
2. Who's gonna be in the market for a new car at this time?

Before the end of the year there should be some great deals on new cars.

Edited by Andrew65

1 hour ago, smedly said:

I wish there was a version of "splitting image" in Thailand there is so much material and they wouldn't have to make it up 

There was a Thai comedy show in the late 90's early 2000's called  "rutsaapar hoon shurt"  or Puppet Parliament   obviously something simular these days would lead to the TV channel being shutdown PDQ !!!

5 hours ago, smedly said:

555 technically they are working and the business is open so no the government will pay nothing - why do you think they came out with this nonsense 

No government can force a private business to stay open unless they are going to nationalise it 

the stuff going on in this country of late is quite frankly beyond belief 

Can someone tell how to cringe and laugh at the same time

This is Thailands first step in creating acceptance, by the Thai people, of the new future.

One that is yet to be "broken" to peoples worldwide.

Present measures are unsustainable.

No likelihood of a vaccine soon, possibly not for several years.

In the case of Thailand the real death tolls are going to become known eventually.

Naturally, in Thailand the people must be unilaterally compelled (the decree addicted Thai state knows no other way) to live "normally" and accept COVID deaths as they occur.

Different countries will present and manage the new reality differently, just as they have in the "outbreak" and "spread" stages.

The world is now heading towards the "it's part of life" stage.

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, alexth said:

A bunch of brainless military monkeys! 

maybe, but they can throw people into jail for whatever brainless nonsense

they pul out of their sleeves, which makes me yet again think

about investing or even visiting thailand ever again.

and this makes me want to ask : does anyone knows how can i get

my money out of thai bank, without ever coming to thailand?

because now i have in a thai bank a small amount that i need to get,

but just discovered the UNIONPAY ATM card does not work outside of thailand...

I had to think about this one for a while because it is illogical under the circumstances, but now I understand - take out a loan and subject Thais to a dark fate.  Take everything from the people including their self-respect to say NO.  I hope they wake up soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Diddl said:

I had to think about this one for a while because it is illogical under the circumstances, but now I understand - take out a loan and subject Thais to a dark fate.  Take everything from the people including their self-respect to say NO.  I hope they wake up soon.

my thai friends are all educated middle class professionals or business people, and it's interesting, there's a pretty even split between those who hate the government because it's corrupt and those who support the government because it brings social and economic stability. for now anyway.

1 hour ago, Diddl said:

wake up and than what?

fight for their rights?

you need an army to do that, and that

army is allready in power...fighting for the rights...of his people !!

Edited by SCOTT FITZGERSLD