Thailand reports five new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

rooster59

Thailand reports five new coronavirus cases, no new deaths

2020-05-10T050253Z_1_LYNXMPEG4903I_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A woman is seen as she lines up to get her monthly financial aid, for a three month period, during the government's measures against the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) near the Finance Ministry office in Bangkok, Thailand, May 7, 2020. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand reported five new coronavirus cases but no deaths on Sunday, bringing the total to 3,009 cases and 56 deaths since the outbreak started in the country in January.

However, there are four more infected people from the resort island of Phuket, who will be included in figures to be reported on Monday, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, spokesman for the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

Of the new cases reported on Sunday, two were linked to previous cases and three had travelled abroad, he said.

Slowing numbers of new cases have prompted Thailand to allow some businesses to reopen after weeks of semi-lockdown.

(Reporting by Orathai Sriring and Kitiphong Thaichareon; Editing by Christopher Cushing)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-10

Phuket is the new Bangkok!

It's unlikely that any Phuket residents will flock to Pattaya and Jomtien to use the beaches once the restrictions are lifted, so roll on Bangkok getting White Zone status and the beaches reopening again.

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

Thank the powers that be that Thailand and China have pretty much completely dodged the bullet while the rest of the world burns. As wildly successful as Thailand has been, seems China has been even more effective in stopping this scourge. Soon, Chinese tourists can come back and the Thai economy can get back to a relatively normal status. Will just have to keep all other potentially-infected non-Chinese farangs out so we can stay virus-free!

sounds funny but acctually scary.

this is how this pandemic started in the first place - but ruthless lying government

that tried all it can to hide what's really going on.

can work for thailand, i hope it will, but very dangerous game with people's lives..

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

the real number of deaths is at least 20 times higher.

no way in the world that in the second country in the world for the virus to be found

there will be so little cases. 

dangerous game is being played here...but so far it's working.

Maybe they only count deaths where covid is the primary cause 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

3,009 cases and 56 deaths, remarkable

I wonder however if as in a recent interview with FCCT, DR Tanarak Plipat has done as he promised and started to test the pneumonia cases who have not previously been tested for Covid. 

Currently up until today there is an increase of 1,034 deaths attributed to pneumonia this year as opposed to last year, a very significant increase that has never happened before at such a scale. If they were due to Covid then with a 2% death rate that would increase the number of cases in Thailand to 50,000

Please share where you got this info. I say this because from virtually day one I've been saying this may be the case. What about diabetes, hypertension etc. All the underlying problems. There is a question that has been posed by many. Die with or die from. Example of dying with would be a car accident where cause of death is trauma but the person has covid. Dying from is the person has covid and died as a direct result. This person may or may not have underlying causes. Underlying medical issues may have exacerbated the problem but if not infected would not have died.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

3,009 cases and 56 deaths, remarkable

I wonder however if as in a recent interview with FCCT, DR Tanarak Plipat has done as he promised and started to test the pneumonia cases who have not previously been tested for Covid. 

Currently up until today there is an increase of 1,034 deaths attributed to pneumonia this year as opposed to last year, a very significant increase that has never happened before at such a scale. If they were due to Covid then with a 2% death rate that would increase the number of cases in Thailand to 50,000

Do you have a link to the number of pneumonia cases? Because the current rate of pneumonia I saw from the government website, on a monthly basis, is about the same as it was last year. So what website are you referencing?

9 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Do you have a link to the number of pneumonia cases? Because the current rate of pneumonia I saw from the government website, on a monthly basis, is about the same as it was last year. So what website are you referencing?

I think my calculation may have been incorrect when I was dividing the months however I've amended that and you can see below the increase. Its taken from here https://hdcservice.moph.go.th/hdc/reports/report_eis.php?source=formated/death298.php&cat_id=491672679818600345dc1833920051b2&id=b4ea22252bb533f3f9225dfcab83d43a

2020| 11,952 pneumonia deaths (up to 10th May) ÷ 5.4 = 2,213 per month. (increase of 531)

2019| 20,191 pneumonia deaths ÷ 12 = 1,682 per month. (increase of 86)

2018| 19,159 pneumonia deaths ÷ 12 = 1,596 per month. (increase of 4)

2017| 19,105 pneumonia deaths ÷ 12 = 1,592 per month. (increase of 70)

2016| 18,264 pneumonia deaths ÷ 12 = 1,682 per month. 

This does not take into account seasonal flu dates and also does not have the data from Bangkok which would of course increase the numbers significantly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

Maybe they only count deaths where covid is the primary cause 

Covids are an undercategory of pneumonia: http://thcc.or.th/download/COVID19.pdf

image.png.d79d4a04010f852299316589ea9b654f.png

They'll be counted in that main category and reported to WHO as 'U07.1 2019 nCoV virus disease' as per the IDC-10 standard.

Here's the IDC-10: https://icd.who.int/browse10/2019/en

image.png.b28ba3933d63114236feb235197fcbc7.png

So, while WHO has a separate COVID-19 category, Thailand uses pneumonia and THCC sorts those out to the WHO reports as per the pdf in the link.

THCC: http://thcc.or.th/ . Yes, they have an entire department doing this.

Edited by DrTuner

1 hour ago, JCP108 said:

...and when the patient was tested prior to death with the sample being processed at both of the two official reference labs. I'm sure all patients who need to be tested as such have been and the reported numbers are pretty accurate. 

nobody knows

but people in the west people are dying in car crashes and being counted as covid deaths if found in their blood

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DrTuner said:
3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Why are you so determined to find more cases?

Only way to force transparency is to hold the Thai face to the grinding wheel.

He's been trying to prove they're fudging the numbers for about 4 months now. You wouldn't want him to lose face, would you?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, spermwhale said:

"However, there are four more infected people from the resort island of Phuket, who will be included in figures to be reported on Monday, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, spokesman for the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration."

So 9 cases today, not five. How can they say with a straight face that there are 5 cases but and additional four will be reported on Monday? Those cases didn't surface on Monday, they surfaced today. 

What a crock of S***

They will have a cut off time when they stop taking new cases if those 4 come after that time they will not be included that is the only way to keep the figures meaningful 

Does it really matter when the cases are shown as long as they are shown

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, SkyFax said:

He's been trying to prove they're fudging the numbers for about 4 months now. You wouldn't want him to lose face, would you?

I know, right? And here we are in the middle of May with no mounds of dead bodies and no apparent social media posts about mounds of dead bodies. And, yet some people want to keep thinking critically about the numbers we are being given in these summary reports. Perplexing. 

We're lucky to get stuck here before the rest of the world got taken by Covid-19. Only better place than here might be China if you look at the numbers. They pretty much dropped their new infections to zero per day for a country of a billion people. Good job, China!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, JCP108 said:

I know, right? And here we are in the middle of May with no mounds of dead bodies and no apparent social media posts about mounds of dead bodies. And, yet some people want to keep thinking critically about the numbers we are being given in these summary reports. Perplexing. 

We're lucky to get stuck here before the rest of the world got taken by Covid-19. Only better place than here might be China if you look at the numbers. They pretty much dropped their new infections to zero per day for a country of a billion people. Good job, China!

I was visiting my brother in law in ICU in BKK the unit was not over run when I got there was 6 empty units out of 20 when I left 2 patients went to a normal room so there was 8 beds available, nobody was wearing virus protection other than masks

32 minutes ago, offset said:

I was visiting my brother in law in ICU in BKK the unit was not over run when I got there was 6 empty units out of 20 when I left 2 patients went to a normal room so there was 8 beds available, nobody was wearing virus protection other than masks

...therefore, the numbers we are getting from these daily reports from the government must be true or close enough. 

1) No mounds or dead bodies, and

2) No social media posts about mounds of dead bodies, therefore...

3) Thai government sufficiently open and truthful. 

Enough said. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, offset said:

You would not be let into an ICU unit with COVID-19 patients. For a pretty obvious reason.

Edited by DrTuner
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JCP108 said:

...therefore, the numbers we are getting from these daily reports from the government must be true or close enough

6 units empty out of 20 means 14 full.

That translates into 70% ICU occupancy.

Very similar to other countries such as Germany, France, with 200,000 reported cases.

• Like 1

Tanzanian President John Magufuli Even Papaya and Goats are Corona positive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jw20Ro5qRQ

Fmr MP of Italy Vittorio Sgarbi Upset about The CV Lies and Deception

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_JAgzG-RZ8

PlanDemic, a film about the global plan to take control of our lives, liberty, health & freedom

https://www.bitchute.com/video/25tow1hbXwy1/

Butterfly of the Week, 27 April 2020: Under House Arrest as a Result of a Crime Committed by the CDC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2CsNqHFx68