Ray Ban Sunglasses Repair

Pilotman

I have broken a lens on my Ray Ban Aviator sun glasses.  Anyone know of a reliable online supplier in Thailand who can supply  genuine parts? The official Ray Ban website is extortionately expensive, but may be the only way to go. 

Top Charoen stores carry Ray Bans. They are every where. They are very proud of new pairs of Aviators. I imagine they would have, or can get new lenses. If they are too pricey, I would look on Amazon.

You didn't say what you need...large lens or small, right or left, green, gray, brown, yellow, glass or plastic, polarized or not polarized.

I keep the lenses out of past pairs that I have had, if they are in pretty good condition, just for this eventuality.

Try the official Ray Ban shop in Siam centre when it is open again, but I think they are going to be costly.

May be cheaper to buy new glasses if trying to replace lenses through stores in Thailand?

When I damaged the lens on my Oakleys I was shocked at the price they wanted for a new pair of lens, I think it was 5200 baht and they had to order replacements from abroad. The Oakley shop assistant arranged for the replacements and 10 days later I received a call to collect the lens the Oakley shop assistant said no charge (they managed to deal with it through warranty)

Edited by userabcd

3 hours ago, Tagaa said:

Top Charoen stores carry Ray Bans. They are every where. They are very proud of new pairs of Aviators. I imagine they would have, or can get new lenses. If they are too pricey, I would look on Amazon.

You didn't say what you need...large lens or small, right or left, green, gray, brown, yellow, glass or plastic, polarized or not polarized.

I keep the lenses out of past pairs that I have had, if they are in pretty good condition, just for this eventuality.

If you enter the code that appears on the inside of the arm into Google, it will take you to the Rayban site and list the exact model, lens type etc. Also useful for spotting fakes in a shop.

Any optician can make a new lens for you.  They all have blanks for popular sized and branded lenses.  You probably won't get a RayBan lens but will save a lot of money.  Ray Ban is selling a brand, not necessarily any greater quality than any other manufacturer , especially when it comes to lenses

Now if you are talking progressive lenses or "photochromic" (transition) lenses it could be more, but never as expensive as Ray Ban