Low-skilled men suffer highest COVID fatalities in England and Wales

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think he was referring to the UK.

That's what I mean, doesn't make sense. Less covid deaths amongst indians in India than in UK due to better health care in UK?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So in India better health care than in UK? Also the rest of your reasoning doesn't match reality.

Yes it does, all these things have an effect on average life expectancy. They say that one of the reasons why men have a lower life expectancy than women is that men are more likely to engage in high-risk activities and behaviour. If you add up all the factors they make a difference.

Another one that I just thought of, in the UK/the West, it's a helluva lot less likely that we're going to contract Malaria, Dengue fever, Typhoid, Cholera etc and die from it. Then there's infant-mortality 33 per 1,000 live births in India, 3.9 in the UK. All these things added together make a big difference.

2 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Yes it does, all these things have an effect on average life expectancy. They say that one of the reasons why men have a lower life expectancy than women is that men are more likely to engage in high-risk activities and behaviour. If you add up all the factors they make a difference.

Another one that I just thought of, in the UK/the West, it's a helluva lot less likely that we're going to contract Malaria, Dengue fever, Typhoid, Cholera etc and die from it. Then there's infant-mortality 33 per 1,000 live births in India, 3.9 in the UK. All these things added together make a big difference.

You're not making sense at all, none of what you're saying explains why in UK (relatively) more Indians are dying from covid than in India.

15 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You're not making sense at all, none of what you're saying explains why in UK (relatively) more Indians are dying from covid than in India.

Sorry, I just re read your comment. It may have nothing to do with it, but hot countries like India & Thailand have been much less affected by COVID19. Also, like with China, I wouldn't fully believe a lot of the numbers that they put out.

India has COVID19 tested 19 people out of every 1,000, one of the lowest rates in the world.

I think the answer to your question is that nobody, not even the best experts in the world, have the answers

Edited by Andrew65
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

Sorry, I just re read your comment. It may have nothing to do with it, but hot countries like India & Thailand have been much less affected by COVID19. Also, like with China, I wouldn't fully believe a lot of the numbers that they put out.

India has COVID19 tested 19 people out of every 1,000, one of the lowest rates in the world.

I think the answer to your question is that nobody, not even the best experts in the world, have the answers

One other thing, at various stages both Germany and China had a similar death rate from COVID19, around 3-4%, I don't fully believe their numbers, due to different "methodology", free-press etc.