When will you stop wearing a mask?

35 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

I will wear them for some time, and will follow the laws and customs of the society I am in.

Even though many of those societies ignore their  very own rules, especially Thailand.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Spot the difference:

BTS2.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

I spotted the difference right away.   If you examine that coffee shop photo you'll see that there are more than enough non-masked people in close proximity to each other (at the rear of the shop, for instance) for that place to be more of a concern than the 100%-masked BTS station queue!  Where is that coffee shop?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, cornishcarlos said:

As long as Muslim women can wear a hijab into the bank, I'm wearing a mask into the bank !!

Depends on the purpose of the bank visit you have in mind.

Edited by Paiman
grammar

18 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

I might start wearing a mask when I have to hide from Bill Gates' troops trying to force his vaccines on me, to escape the surveillance systems.

The masks are completely useless against the Virus which is caused by those 5G masts..... :cheesy::whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

The masks are completely useless against the Virus which is caused by those 5G masts..... :cheesy::whistling:

I did not know that, thanks for telling me.  Do they at least help against 3G or 4G ?  Or are they completely useless?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Never started, so no need to stop. However, government here says no need and hardly anyone wears one anyway, so never felt the need to wear one.

Some forecasts on suicide up 50%

things need to open

• Like 2

17 hours ago, steelepulse said:

when do you feel safe to not wear them again?

I feel safe not wearing a mask and always have.

Caught COVID in January along with my family, wasn't that bad for me but the misses suffered.

I'll stop wearing the mask as soon as I can get away with it.

Hardly anyone in our gated mooban (all Thai) wears the masks unless going outside our community already. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, sungod said:

When Yinn says its OK to take them off.

Simple answer. 

When the coronavirus finish in Thailand. I hope be soon.

For UK. Up to Boris.

Masks have never been popular in western countries as they are associated with fear, panic, the unknown and even the supernatural. Public executioners for centuries wore masks and dentists still do. Then there were gas masks in the Second World War. Not to mention all those recent horror films – Halloween, Joker, Stephen King’s It – which underpin the sheer awfulness of disguising your face.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The often repeated statement "Cloth masks are useless against virus" is not true.

" The results showed that cloth masks and other fabric materials tested in the study had 40–90% instantaneous penetration levels..."

Not perfect, but I'll take 40-90% over 0% protection every day of the week.

I'll stop wearing it when I get a shot of proven vaccine.

https://academic.oup.com/annweh/article/54/7/789/202744

It's a silly question. We can only stop wearing masks in public when we are told we don't need to wear masks by the governing authorities, AND when I can get into shops without them. It's not our choice to make.

As it happens, I don't wear a mask at home, so the inconvenience might be around 30 minutes per day on average, at the most, as I don't go out everyday.