Forum upgrade in progress! ×

When will you stop wearing a mask?

8 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

Which scientists are they? Can you name a scientific body that has the power to enforce vaccines on 'anybody'? Maybe in North Korea? I might believe that.

Bill Gates and the WHO are preparing to give it a go with COVID.

Which is a bit odd as COVID is such a minor ailment. 

It seems to me COVID lockdowns is probably about forcible vaccination,

I'm predicting the worldwide edict will be if you don't have it, you won't work, travel or go to school. 

Lucky for me I live in Thailand and can just 'tip' the nurse to inject the garbage bin.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Once again I have to repeat that I was not referring to scientists, but to those 'who in the name of science' want to enforce vaccination on everybody. 

Point taken. You're right and I apologise.

15 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

With your remark 'and rightfully so' you indicated that you are are part of that self-acclaimed Moral Police Force.

When society is at risk, we do have a moral responsibility to follow best practice (based on the scientific consensus). I do get that there are economic consideration involved, that make it much more complicated.

If and when the scientific community gets a working vaccine, it's the responsibility of all suitable candidates to get vaccinated. People refusing are a threat to everybody, by continuing to be at risk of getting the virus and infecting others.

Edited by teatime101
  • Thanks 1

Never. We should stop wearing masks when Asian people stop wearing them in large numbers as they always did. Mask stays on. No more glad handing. Bowing and elbow-bumpo the way forward.

Eventually some countries will be saying masks are illegal, for a "security reasons". 

Facial recognition cameras everywhere.

Coughing and sneezing can travel much further than 2 meters depending on where you are inside, no wind, etc.  A correct mask will reduce the spray down to maybe 1/2 meter.

So when you are out amongst people, the grocery, the post office, 7-11. masks will prevent you and others from infection if you are wary.  If someone coughs near you or sneezes and the droplets from them may have reached your mask, then you are still in danger until you carefully replace your mask with clean hands and a new mask.  Italy Spain and the U.S. have very low mask wearing numbers, yet highest deaths per 1,000.  South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan have very high numbers wearing masks and death rates are the lowest.   Makes sense to me.

Adjustments.plist.jpg

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

Point taken. You're right and I apologise.

When society is at risk, we do have a moral responsibility to follow best practice (based on the scientific consensus). I do get that there are economic consideration involved, that make it much more complicated.

If and when the scientific community gets a working vaccine, it's the responsibility of all suitable candidates to get vaccinated. People refusing are a threat to everybody, by continuing to be at risk of getting the virus and infecting others.

Apology accepted.

Re your last paragraph > ... it's the responsibility of all suitable candidates to get vaccinated. People refusing are a threat to everybody, by continuing to be at risk of getting the virus and infecting others.

IF vaccination works, it logically follows that those who refuse vaccination will only be a threat to those refusing it.

A risk I would be quite happy to take when given the choice, as the dangers of vaccination imo do not weigh against the perceived benefits.

But being forced to be vaccinated 'for my own good' I heavily object too.

Note: As @BritManToo wrote, if authorities would make it mandatory: Lucky for me I live in Thailand and can just 'tip' the nurse to inject the garbage bin.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

If someone coughs near you or sneezes and the droplets from them may have reached your mask,

then you are still in danger until you carefully replace your mask with clean hands and a new mask. 

Would point out COVID doesn't make you sneeze, so why include it?

Would point out if droplets reach your mask, they will also have reached your eyes, so the mask without goggles is pointless.

It may make sense to you, but there doesn't appear to be any logic in you thought process.

Edited by BritManToo

Most scientists and virologists say for the public, masks have minimal impact if any, this is CDC and John Hopkins speaking here,they are more important / effective for Health workers, but we know its a business & culturally Asian peoples are predisposed to these masks, ( they feel safer) not so much Western people, as they are restrictive

They can be suppressive of your immune system as you are not breathing correctly or exposed to virus flora of which your immune system is dependant and coexists, the wearing of these should NOT be mandatory as trying to isolate yourself from the environment makes your immune system weaker as does being locked down from the outside environment, we coexist with our environment ,seperate us from it does more harm than good.

• Thanks 1

Just now, John CS said:

Most scientists and virologists say for the public, masks have minimal impact if any, this is CDC and John Hopkins speaking here,they are more important / effective for Health workers, but we know its a business & culturally Asian peoples are predisposed to these masks, ( they feel safer) not so much Western people, as they are restrictive

They can be suppressive of your immune system as you are not breathing correctly or exposed to virus flora of which your immune system is dependant and coexists, the wearing of these should NOT be mandatory as trying to isolate yourself from the environment makes your immune system weaker as does being locked down from the outside environment, we coexist with our environment ,seperate us from it does more harm than good.

most western scientists and virologists...not most Asian..

21 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

F vaccination works, it logically follows that those who refuse vaccination will only be a threat to those refusing it.

Agreed, if vaccination works, the only person I could harm by not having it is myself and maybe other 'anti-vax' people.

If we choose to risk our lives, in a similar way to fat people taking their chances with heart problems, who is in a position to gainsay us?

Logic dictates, 'they' should force all fat people to lose weight before 'they' force me to have a vaccine.

As overweight is more a risk to life than COVID.

My opinion, the whole lockdown was to force compliance with worldwide vaccination.

The vaccination will have a 'little extra' to make you more trackable, more controllable, WHO knows what Bill Gates ultimate aim to dominate the world entails?

Suggested reading ....... Night Chills - Dean Koontz

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Coughing and sneezing can travel much further than 2 meters depending on where you are inside, no wind, etc.  A correct mask will reduce the spray down to maybe 1/2 meter.

So when you are out amongst people, the grocery, the post office, 7-11. masks will prevent you and others from infection if you are wary.  If someone coughs near you or sneezes and the droplets from them may have reached your mask, then you are still in danger until you carefully replace your mask with clean hands and a new mask.  Italy Spain and the U.S. have very low mask wearing numbers, yet highest deaths per 1,000.  South Korea, Japan, and Taiwan have very high numbers wearing masks and death rates are the lowest.   Makes sense to me.

Adjustments.plist.jpg

From what I've been reading, the countries with high deaths are a combination of factors setting this off.  1) Age 2) Co morbidities, 3) High air pollution, 4) People on ace inhibitors, ARB;s and statins 5) diet, 6) Obesity and 7) Diabetes.  That's a perfect storm for a virus ( one of hundreds of millions) to wreak havoc on a weak immune system.  

It's not the masks making the difference.

Edited by steelepulse
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, brain150 said:

I will START to wear a mask when I see any reason to do so.

A hoax Pandemic is no reason. And all evidence shows it is a hoax !

I just hope it gets public soon.

Leaked info from the German Government confirms the hoax !!!

Let's see what Mr Fauci will have to say in Congress. He is one of the keys in the whole crime !

Interesting times we live in.

Will be exciting to see what all the people will say when they find out they were lied to and

blindly followed completely useless and idiotic measures from criminal Governments

that broke the economy and made millions of people lose their businesses and much more !!!

So 100s of thousands have died because of a hoax ...do tell when will they suddenly reappear from behind the magic cape?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

IF vaccination works, it logically follows that those who refuse vaccination will only be a threat to those refusing it.

...and anybody who hasn’t been vaccinated for various reasons, such as a young child or newly arrived immigrants. Do you accept that all immigrants shall be vaccinated and quarantined and those who refuse vaccination shall not be permitted to get close to young children?

Also, those refusing vaccination pay a special levy for all those extra costs in monitoring, quarantining, etc. 

I’m sure there are plenty of other complications that will need to be addressed because a small group refuses to accept the science. 

In my country hospital care is 'free'. Should we allow free hospital care for those who aren't vaccinated if they get sick because of covid19?

Edited by teatime101
  • Sad 2

Just now, teatime101 said:

Do you accept that all immigrants shall be vaccinated and quarantined and those who refuse vaccination shall not be permitted to get close to young children. 

Do you let strangers get close to your young children?

Do you have some problem with immigrants?

I won't refuse vaccination, I'll just tip the Thai nurse to inject the waste bin in place of my arm.

That's what's great about Thailand, there's always a way to slide around things you don't want to do without ever having to say 'NO'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Do you let strangers get close to your young children?

Who's talking about strangers? My daughter has two young children. I'm allowed to get close to them, no problem. If I refuse vaccination, do you think she'd be happy for me to hold them and kiss them?

Edited by teatime101

Just now, teatime101 said:

Who's talking about strangers? My daughter has two young children. I'm allowed to get close to them, no problem. If I refuse vaccination, do you think she'd be happy for me to hold them and kiss them?

You were ....... you said 'immigrants'.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, teatime101 said:

When society is at risk, we do have a moral responsibility to follow best practice (based on the scientific consensus).

Then please get a real "scientific consensus", including not just a few scientists on Bill Gates' payroll.

I know, it's getting difficult, with youtube and twitter etc censoring everything which is not WHO speak. But a real "scientific consensus" can't just ignore what the majority of virologists say. Exactly that is happening in Germany, where apparently only the RKI (Robert Koch Institut) gets consulted, and the many professors and virologists which had different views got and get ignored.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Then please get a real "scientific consensus", including not just a few scientists on Bill Gates' payroll.

I know, it's getting difficult, with youtube and twitter etc censoring everything which is not WHO speak. But a real "scientific consensus" can't just ignore what the majority of virologists say. Exactly that is happening in Germany, where apparently only the RKI (Robert Koch Institut) gets consulted, and the many professors and virologists which had different views got and get ignored.

And of course you are in tune with what the majority of virologists think. And Bill Gates is the Bogeyman who is manipulating governments into straying from the path of that scientific consensus that you understand so well. Laughable nonsense and you do your own arguments a disservice with this kind of post.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, teatime101 said:

If I refuse vaccination, do you think she'd be happy for me to hold them and kiss them?

Probably not! still trying to Force your agenda onto others - good luck! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teatime101 said:

In my country hospital care is 'free'. Should we allow free hospital care for those who aren't vaccinated if they get sick because of covid19?

Well, if you want to go on this road, how about lung cancer patients from smoking, liver patients from alcohol abuse, drug abuse patients, accidents from reckless driving, and so on. Where do you want to start, where do you want to stop?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

If you think that the fact that I put a question mark behind the expertise of Bill Gates in corona virus vaccines is making that point invalid then so be it.

Let me give you my opinion, Kill Bill Gates is someones goffer High, high up in the chain of command, his Father was into eugenics, he has followed in his footsteps, he has been nurtured, now he has to deliver! he is Evil -just IMO ????

His "wife" often wears an inverted cross displaying her anti Christian sentiment and preference for Satan! - just my opinion ???? based on what I have read on symbology, the currently ruling "cabal" is big on symbology!

I hope I am wrong!

5 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Well, if you want to go on this road, how about lung cancer patients from smoking, liver patients from alcohol abuse, drug abuse patients, accidents from reckless driving, and so on. Where do you want to start, where do you want to stop?

Your wasting your time trying to talk sense to that clown, he's at the back of the herd!

image.png.8b9144a04107b9527620eb58c69ae76e.png

• Haha 1