When will you stop wearing a mask?

18 hours ago, userabcd said:

Probably never. From now on when out in public I will always be using it to protect myself from others.

Can't count how many times in the last 2 to 3 years I have caught cold or flu from people coughing and sneezing in public (and it always seems to be near me) The offender does not attempt to cover or protect themselves.

Even these days some people are still coughing and not covering their mouth/nose when doing so. When I hear it unexpectedly near me now, I take off running as far as possible away.

I'm completely with you on this one. I was thinking about this the other day, and thought to myself, why would i want to increase my chances of making myself sick or even worse making the most vulnerable sick when it can be so easily avoided without any real inconvenience. 
This pandemic has certainly made me start think a lot differently  

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, RickTik said:

Minions, enjoy the police state:

FB_IMG_1587918636611.jpg

No. 

First of all we are a long way from even having the vaccine. 

If ever. 

Secondly it will take years to produce enough of it to actually give it to the sensible people that want it. 

I'm talking globally. 

So memes as above are extremist and fear mongering over a problem that doesn't exist. 

11 minutes ago, apropos said:

Wearing a mask reduces the possibility that YOU infect those around you. It does not protect YOU from getting infected by others. Not wearing a mask in public says 'I do not care about you, my fellowman'.

Yes exactly. But there also may be a small element of self protection too. Like if an infected person sneezes a cloth or surgical mask would likely reduce the viral load of your exposure and maybe a better chance of your immune system dealing with that vs. a large dose. 

Of course N95 masks do offer much more self protection but they are not meant to be worn by the general public for long periods of time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I think governments will be reluctant to publish the collateral damage of lockdowns, but poverty, suicide, ill health, mental problems, bankruptcies, repossessions, family breakups/ divorce etc will all have increased IMO.

also the media talks covid 90% of the time

how about greater coverage of all issues

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No. 

First of all we are a long way from even having the vaccine. 

If ever. 

Secondly it will take years to produce enough of it to actually give it to the sensible people that want it. 

I'm talking globally. 

So memes as above are extremist and fear mongering over a problem that doesn't exist. 

Glad to know that there are enough 'sensible people' that actually want the vaccine if it ever comes to it.  Personally I will do everything to be at the end of the queue.

The sensible people will even praise me for being so considerate to let them be the first in line Guinea pigs.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Glad to know that there are enough 'sensible people' that actually want the vaccine if it ever comes to it.  Personally I will do everything to be at the end of the queue.

The sensible people will even praise me for being so considerate to let them be the first in line Guinea pigs.

Up to you. 

But you will benefit from most of the world taking it. Like 70 percent. Then things can really get back to normal. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

You obviously don't need to do any border crossings or international flights in the next year or more. 

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

So you are unable to think for yourself?  it has to be censored so people believe and read only what you do - utter nonsense!

Let me decide what is extremist, its incredible with all the evidence out there that people are still blinded to the dangers of vaccination!

Here's your governments compensation website if you need it, do you consider they are being extremist by admitting that they can and do have problems?

https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/data/index.html

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Up to you. 

But you will benefit from most of the world taking it. Like 70 percent. Then things can really get back to normal. 

As long as the authorities don't force it on me, I have no problem that people of different conviction are taking vaccines.  

If it's done like the flu-shuts you can get every year and which are not mandatory but only 'recommended', I will simply refrain from taking them.  But I will fight like hell when it is made compulsory under the dictum that it is for my own good.

Yes, I don't endorse the common medical view that illness is the Enemy that needs to be fought and suppressed, but fully realize that such a stance will meet ridicule.  So be it.

4 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

As long as the authorities don't force it on me, I have no problem that people of different conviction are taking vaccines.  

If it's done like the flu-shuts you can get every year and which are not mandatory but only 'recommended', I will simply refrain from taking them.  But I will fight like hell when it is made compulsory under the dictum that it is for my own good.

Yes, I don't endorse the common medical view that illness is the Enemy that needs to be fought and suppressed, but fully realize that such a stance will meet ridicule.  So be it.

Why should it meet ridicule, you sound the same as the rest. Dictatorial.! 

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Up to you. 

not if he doesnt work

flu vaccines dont work well even after many years

rather take zinc, wash hands etc

38 minutes ago, CGW said:

Let me decide what is extremist

YOU don't get to make decisions like that.

If and when a covid vaccination program begins, the whole community needs to get on board, and it will rightly be enforced by law. Vaccines save lives, including yours.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

More necessary right now to wear the masks indoors where there are other people.  People cough or sneeze and virus spreads indoors and survives maybe up to three hours. 

Much safer outside. I don’t bother wearing them outside during the day. The UV radiation from the Sun kills the virus in 90 seconds. UV rays will also pass though thin clouds and light overcast clouds.

That’s why I don’t understand some of the lockdown rules and suggestions.  

Thick heavy clouds however will block UV. And of course there is no UV during the night. 

Edited by Catoni
Addition

5 minutes ago, Silent Number said:

I support the wearing of masks wholeheartedly,for 2 reasons.Firstly I don’t want anyone infected breathing on me,and secondly I don’t have to wear my false teeth while out shopping.(First reason really)

You all realize wearing a mask is "mandatory" when out and about here since April 4.  "Under the Emergency Decree laws currently in place for Thailand one could see a fine of up to 100,000 baht or even up to a year in jail for not wearing a mask in public."    Had a friend get a 3,000 baht fine for mask under his chin.  Why invite trouble with the police when masks are just 30-99 baht and many are washable and reusable.   https://thepattayanews.com/2020/04/08/mask-wearing-in-pattaya-mandatory-from-tomorrow-heavy-fines-or-jail-time-possible-for-those-who-dont-wear-masks/

36 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

They will 'force it' on you, and rightly so. The 'people of conviction' to whom you refer, are people who accept the advice of medical professionals around the world.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, teatime101 said:

They will 'force it' on you, and rightly so. The 'people of conviction' to whom you refer, are people who accept the advice of medical professionals around the world.

Im a Little Boy and i wont be Told springs readily to mind.!

There will soon be permanent contraptions we will have to wear.  Then we will have to insert a plastic device every 8 days.  then this device will have a chemical that tricks are brain.  

companies around the world already have in place metal mask headgear to be worn by the weak, poor, and those not in power.  

if you cannot afford one (100 million), all your possessions will be taken

• Haha 1