When will you stop wearing a mask?

21 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

I will wear them for some time, and will follow the laws and customs of the society I am in.

Another member for the "scared of your own shadow" brigade. 

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, White Christmas13 said:

Never worn one in Australia

I went to Oz in early March went to doctor for check up. Not allowed in the door unless I was wearing a mask. (Admittedly they knew I was from Thailand but were also others wearing masks locals I presume)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:
20 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Where is that coffee shop?

I don't know. I just used a coffee shop picture from the internet. ???? 

But you can use Google Image Search to find it.

I didn't think it was your coffee shop, as you suggested that was safer than the BTS, just as you weren't part of the BTS queue either that you that you also conveniently selected from the internet.

Edited by Bob A Kneale
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:
15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:
20 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Where is that coffee shop?

I don't know. I just used a coffee shop picture from the internet. ???? 

But you can use Google Image Search to find it.

Looks like Roast at EmQuartier.

I didn't really want to know which one it was.  My point was suggesting that his remark that no mask in "his" coffee shop was ok whereas no mask on the BTS was not was nonsense as he was neither in that BTS situation nor in that coffee shop.  i.e., he just made the whole thing up!

1 minute ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I didn't really want to know which one it was.  My point was suggesting that his remark that no mask in "his" coffee shop was ok whereas no mask on the BTS was not was nonsense as he was neither in that BTS situation nor in that coffee shop.  i.e., he just made the whole thing up!

Wow, I made it up. Did you ever hear about examples?

I use the BTS from time to time but mostly not because I ride motorcycle.

But I go all the time to coffee shops.

And I am not one of those (facebook) idiots who makes a selfie of any place he visits so I have no pictures of me in the BTS or at the coffee shop. And even if I would have those pictures I wouldn't publish them.

But the principle is real easy to understand: 

BTS = lots of people near together. It's (almost?) impossible to touch other people in the crowd.

Coffee shop: Lots of distance, no problem.

38 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

They will 'force it' on you, and rightly so. The 'people of conviction' to whom you refer, are people who accept the advice of medical professionals around the world.

Yes, and the current situation is clear proof that medical professionals around the world know what is best to protect the population of nasty viruses...  Laughable if it wasn't so sad.

And the authorities following their sage advice will force vaccination on everybody, as you said 'rightly so'.

Luckily there are still thousands of medical professionals that are not of the conviction that compulsory mass-vaccination is the answer to the problems we are facing now.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Another member for the "scared of your own shadow" brigade. 

I don't feel like I am scared of my own shadow, but rather scared of the repercussions.

I don't want to pay any fines, or worse. 

At 71+ and after 20 years Thailand ( knowing what to expect from a dictature, when I decided  to move here), I stick to the local laws and regulations. 

The day I will consider it becomes too much for me, and don't want to further abide to the local laws/regulations, I will leave ( providing I can). 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, userabcd said:

Probably never. From now on when out in public I will always be using it to protect myself from others.

Can't count how many times in the last 2 to 3 years I have caught cold or flu from people coughing and sneezing in public (and it always seems to be near me) The offender does not attempt to cover or protect themselves.

Even these days some people are still coughing and not covering their mouth/nose when doing so. When I hear it unexpectedly near me now, I take off running as far as possible away.

????‍♂️...........Aaaa..choooo (someone sneezes)

14 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

And the authorities following their sage advice will force vaccination on everybody, as you said 'rightly so'.

Yes, and the medical evidence overwhelmingly supports 'mass vaccinations'.

Few measures in public health can compare with the impact of vaccines. Vaccinations have reduced disease, disability, and death from a variety of infectious diseases. For example, in the United States, children are recommended to be vaccinated against 16 diseases (1). Table 1 highlights the impact in the United States of immunization against nine vaccine-preventable diseases, including smallpox and a complication of one of those diseases, congenital rubella syndrome, showing representative annual numbers of cases in the 20th century compared with 2016 reported cases (2, 3). All of the diseases have been reduced by more than 90% and many have either been eliminated or reductions of 99% or more 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5402432/

As society collectively receives immunization for a particular disease, there becomes a “community immunity.” That means diseases that once killed hundreds, or even thousands, of people, disappear. Polio, for example, was eliminated in the United States in 1979 after the polio vaccine became widespread. Measles was declared eliminated in 2000 after 12 consecutive months without a case of the disease reported.

https://www.ahip.org/vaccines-save-lives/

If only they could enforce removal of tin foil hats, as well. 

37 minutes ago, Silent Number said:

I went to Oz in early March went to doctor for check up. Not allowed in the door unless I was wearing a mask. (Admittedly they knew I was from Thailand but were also others wearing masks locals I presume)

anyone with flu like conditions banned

u have to go to covid station for test

2 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

Why would those who are happy wearing a mask want to stop wearing it? 

Me, well I hate wearing it. Hard to breath, sweaty, doesn't really stop getting infected. 

So I carry 1 with me in the car but put it on only where I must ie going into 7-11, bank or shops that either demand it or that all staff inside wear them. Nowhere else. 

Wearing masks means that all these unattractive guys will not need to grow facial hair to hide their faces. ????

1 hour ago, teatime101 said:

If and when a covid vaccination program begins, the whole community needs to get on board, and it will rightly be enforced by law. Vaccines save lives, including yours.

You are free to believe in whatever you like, though suspect you are not very well read, please do not force your views & false beliefs on me, you have no right!

Thank you.

• Like 2

I have been wearing a mask most days for 6-7 years now and I will continue  to wear one ,I ride a motorbike every day ,and it helps with keeping off the dust etc ,but this area ,Lopbrui ,is not too bad for this PM  2.5 .

As for in shops etc if other people are wear using them I will ,otherwise I will not wear one, only government places are very fussy, like paying the electric bill ,got to go to Immigration this week ,will probable have to wear one they .  

1 hour ago, Silent Number said:

I went to the doctor a few days ago to get a new prescription and nobody

worn a mask just social distance enforced

23 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When I feel like it.

That's the same way how I started wearing a mask. There was a time when almost anybody had one and (maybe imagined) people looked strange at you if you didn't have one. That's when I started.

I will stop wearing one if it feels normal again, and probably depending on the situation. BTS: face mask. Walk to the coffee shop: no mask needed. 

Perfect answer , i would probably stop wearing it if 50% or more of the people stop wearing them and then still maybe consider wearing one in crowded closed of places . 

• Thanks 1

I’ll stop, same as everyone else, when the places around stop refusing entry to people not wearing a mask and when the government stop giving the police the power to fine people up to 20,000 baht for not wearing one.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I feel safe not wearing a mask and always have.

Caught COVID in January along with my family, wasn't that bad for me but the misses suffered.

I'll stop wearing the mask as soon as I can get away with it.

Hardly anyone in our gated mooban (all Thai) wears the masks unless going outside our community already. 

Glad to hear that it turned out ok. Where were you treated for it and what was the treatment? @BritManToo

Edited by vermin on arrival

1 hour ago, CGW said:

You are free to believe in whatever you like

That may be so, but I prefer to listen to scientists than 'believe whatever'.

1 hour ago, CGW said:

suspect you are not very well read, please do not force your views & false beliefs on me, you have no right!

I quoted the science. You can ignore it all you like, but your 'right' to remain vaccination free is a fantasy. We have legal, ethical and moral responsibilities to society, and that includes having vaccinations against deadly diseases (and wearing masks, no matter if they're not very effective - medical advice is that they should be worn).

Edited by teatime101

59 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

Glad to hear that it turned out ok. Where were you treated for it and what was the treatment? @BritManToo

I took Tramadol and paracetamol for the ear-ache.

The kid had cough syrup.

The misses called a cousin to look after her (on the sofa for 10 days) while she shook and sweated and coughed.

I probably caught it from Chinese in CM or Saigon airport (mid-Jan), misses and kid caught it from me when I came back.

I wear it in public places, when the government demands it, and I stop wearing it, as soon as the government, or local authorities, says it's Okay to drop the mask.

When my home country friends saw me updating my profile photo, they said that I should not try to wear a mask like that when entering a bank – my reply of course was that I was not allowed to enter any bank here without a face mask...????

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I took Tramadol and paracetamol for the ear-ache.

The kid had cough syrup.

The misses called a cousin to look after her (on the sofa for 10 days) while she shook and sweated and coughed.

I probably caught it from Chinese in CM or Saigon airport (mid-Jan), misses and kid caught it from me when I came back.

That's it? Wow. I'm glad for you. Were you formally tested for covid? Or just assumed that was it?

21 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

I quoted the science. You can ignore it all you like, but your 'right' to remain vaccination free is a fantasy. We have legal, ethical and moral responsibilities to society, and that includes having vaccinations against deadly diseases (and wearing masks, no matter if they're not very effective - medical advice is that they should be worn).

The New Inquisition referring to Science instead of God is rather scary when they see it as their Moral Duty to Enforce their remedies on all of society.

• Like 2