When will you stop wearing a mask?

6 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Well, if you want to go on this road, how about lung cancer patients from smoking, liver patients from alcohol abuse, drug abuse patients, accidents from reckless driving, and so on. Where do you want to start, where do you want to stop?

I wouldn’t deny medical treatment to anyone. My point is that thumbing one’s nose at medical advice places a burden on the whole community. 

48 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

I also think it is quite weird that he is now the world's corona virus vaccine expert. 

According to who? Is anybody saying this? Probably just the people who hate him because they know his name will generate clicks. The world isn’t making any decisions about lockdowns because of Bill Gates. 

your point about a range of opinions is one I completely agree with... but you do these arguments a disservice with the conspiratorial flights of fancy. 

17 hours ago, Yinn said:

Simple answer. 

When the coronavirus finish in Thailand. I hope be soon.

For UK. Up to Boris.

Masks have never been popular in western countries as they are associated with fear, panic, the unknown and even the supernatural. Public executioners for centuries wore masks and dentists still do. Then there were gas masks in the Second World War. Not to mention all those recent horror films – Halloween, Joker, Stephen King’s It – which underpin the sheer awfulness of disguising your face.

Your english suddenly got much better for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

How can I infect others if I'm not infected?

If I don't wear a mask it means "don't worry, I'm not infected".

If you think otherwise, up to you.
"Hey you, yes you, the shady guy there with the filthy mask, stay away from me please, you do not look trustworthy."

but... you can be carrying the virus for up to five days before you experience symptoms, during which time you could think you are not infected but you are and you can infect others...

be90afd4-90df-4586-a6d9-70ac4ba6ed58.jpg.58c2e76ff78650c52c5cbe52d907b32e.jpg

1 hour ago, chessman said:

According to who? Is anybody saying this? Probably just the people who hate him because they know his name will generate clicks. The world isn’t making any decisions about lockdowns because of Bill Gates. 

Are you watching the news? If yes, you should have noticed him getting interviewed quite often as if he would be the ultimate expert on corona vaccines.

Just one example, in the CNBC interview of one of the leading Covid-19 researchers in Germany, and a real Covid-19 expert, Professor Hendrik Streeck, about the study of the University Bonn in Heinsberg, which showed a high percentage of the population in Heinsberg having already antibodies for the Covid-19 causing Virus - there suddenly an interview with Bill Gates is injected, as expert about Covid-19 antibody tests and their value.

Watch the amusement of Professor Streeck, very visible in his face, when he very diplomatically tries to explain that Bill Gates was talking irrelevant nonsense:

Edited by yuyiinthesky
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, samsensam said:

but... you can be carrying the virus for up to five days before you experience symptoms, during which time you could think you are not infected but you are and you can infect others...

As I tried to explain, this can only be the case if I get a fresh infection of the Covid-19 causing corona virus (and never had it before, and no immunity etc.). Otherwise this is not possible. 

What makes you thinking that I have a fresh infection?

Edited by yuyiinthesky
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CGW said:

Let me give you my opinion, Kill Bill Gates is someones goffer High, high up in the chain of command, his Father was into eugenics, he has followed in his footsteps, he has been nurtured, now he has to deliver! he is Evil -just IMO ????

His "wife" often wears an inverted cross displaying her anti Christian sentiment and preference for Satan! - just my opinion ???? based on what I have read on symbology, the currently ruling "cabal" is big on symbology!

I hope I am wrong!

Sounds terrible, but sorry, I cannot say if that is true or not, absolutely no idea. I do not care what he or his wife wears, or what their religion is, I merely watch the activities of the Bill Gates Foundation, for some years now, and there is a lot I don't like. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, teatime101 said:

Who's talking about strangers? My daughter has two young children. I'm allowed to get close to them, no problem. If I refuse vaccination, do you think she'd be happy for me to hold them and kiss them?

You are not vaccinated now, does she allow you to hold and kiss them now?

5 hours ago, samsensam said:

be90afd4-90df-4586-a6d9-70ac4ba6ed58.jpg.58c2e76ff78650c52c5cbe52d907b32e.jpg

So if you didn't have symptoms for the last 5 days you were either infection-free before or asymptomatic/immune.  But since you can never be sure that you didn't catch it during the last 5 days, everybody is suspect.

And therefore a lock-down is indicated?

That narrative is so black-or-white.  The social distancing measures did get a life of their own.  Remember that they were meant to slow-down the spread of the virus (flattening the curve is the common term used) in order to avoid the medical system not being able to cope with a large outbreak.  But the point is that except for a couple of places like NY where it got out of hand, that there are no large outbreaks.  And the scare-mongering has paralysed common sense.

Eventually everybody will get it, and depending on the agility of your immune system you will get sick or might not even notice it.  Yes, those at risk should take measures to avoid being infected.

But Everybody Prisoner just to buy some time for those at risk is not sustainable.

Edited by Peter Denis

7 hours ago, chessman said:

your point about a range of opinions is one I completely agree with... but you do these arguments a disservice with the conspiratorial flights of fancy. 

Are you sure about this.  Watch this and then let us know if you still think that all of Bill's billions aren't buying him the seat to power.

One more.  Both from same site, but it's hard to say that these are made up facts.

Edited by steelepulse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, yuyiinthesky said:

Are you watching the news? If yes, you should have noticed him getting interviewed quite often as if he would be the ultimate expert on corona vaccines.

I don't watch much news because I'm in Thailand. I do read a lot, maybe 5-10 articles a day about the virus from newspapers, magazines and academic journals. Been doing that for more than 2 months. I can honestly say that Bill Gates has got a lot more mentions on this forum than in all of that reading combined. His outspoken support of liberal causes clearly means that he can be used to inflame the hatred of a certain type of person and thus makes good click bait. Of course, that doesn't mean he doesn't have a plot to take over the world but it is certain that there are thousands and thousands who are making and sharing videos who would love you to think that he does.

The clip you posted is quite old, you've posted it before and it is is quite strange that they crowbar him in to the conversation. But the people doing that news program don't seem like serious people.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CGW said:

Let me give you my opinion, Kill Bill Gates is someones goffer High, high up in the chain of command, his Father was into eugenics, he has followed in his footsteps, he has been nurtured, now he has to deliver! he is Evil -just IMO ????

His "wife" often wears an inverted cross displaying her anti Christian sentiment and preference for Satan! - just my opinion ???? based on what I have read on symbology, the currently ruling "cabal" is big on symbology!

I hope I am wrong!

Sorry but that just takes the Bill Gates conspiracy theories to a whole new level

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

Are you sure about this.  Watch this and then let us know if you still think that all of Bill's billions aren't buying him the seat to power.

Watched videos like this before, not something that is good for mental health. An agenda the size of Jupiter.

It astonishes me that people complain about media bias but are then happy to get their news from sources like this.

2 hours ago, steelepulse said:

One more.  Both from same site, but it's hard to say that these are made up facts.

Thanks for posting this. At first I expected some conspiracy theories, but I'm pleased to see instead a well researched compilation of facts.

I understand now that the pushing of genetically modified rice to the farmers in the Philippines, taking away their ability to produce their own seeds, wasn't motivated by charity but by the fact that Bill Gates / his foundation has invested in Monsanto, the dubious company benefitting from farmers depending on having to buy their seeds from them. 

There is apparently a massive conflict of interest in his shareholdings and his charity activities. Looking for unbiased facts I better listen to independent experts than to him or the organizations he controls. 

@steelepulse, thanks again for posting this and making me aware of this conflict of interest. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

< video-links from the Corbett Report removed, and accessible in post #194 above >

Both from same site, but it's hard to say that these are made up facts.

I agree that Bill Gates is not the philantropic saint he wants us to believe, and his agenda for a final solution (tell-tale slip of the tongue) to vaccinate everybody on the planet is dangerous lunacy.

However, the Corbett Report doesn't have a very good reputation, as it tends to far-right conspiracy theories (e.g. 9/11 conspiracy, climate change hoax, etc.).

But I support James Corbett's stance on where you 'draw your line in the sand' in the present Corona-times between fully obeying government-imposed rules and critical thinking (see link below)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

You are not vaccinated now, does she allow you to hold and kiss them now?

We're in different continents right now, but if I was in Oz, no, I wouldn't be in physical contact for some time. Touching other people is not recommended, unless you were living together prior to the outbreak.

Edited by teatime101

Just a reminder that polio and smallpox have been completely eradicated, thanks to mass vaccination campaigns several decades ago. If more than a very few people remain unvaccinated, chances are that diseases such as these will reappear.

All this nonsense about 'final solutions', and whatever conspiracy theory is popular right now, is utter garbage. When the internet became the new information superhighway, some of us imagined a new Age of Enlightenment. Instead, we have people getting their facts from YouTube and whackjobs like Alex Jones.

*Content removed to avoid going down that particular rabbit hole...*

Edited by teatime101

3 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

But I support James Corbett's stance on where you 'draw your line in the sand' in the present Corona-times between fully obeying government-imposed rules and critical thinking (see link below)

Indeed, this sounds very reasonable. 

15 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

All this nonsense about 'final solutions', and whatever conspiracy theory is popular right now, is utter garbage.

The easy way out, just accuse everything you don't like or don't understand as "conspiracy theory" ????

33 minutes ago, yuyiinthesky said:

just accuse everything you don't like or don't understand as "conspiracy theory"

I rely on credible sources for my information. That generally means listening to experts in their field - people who agree with their peers, ie. express a consensus view.

People pushing conspiracy theories have a broad political agenda that shapes their response to world events. These tropes and false flags are then picked up and amplified by followers and agitators, who are interested in the politics, not the facts.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

All this nonsense about 'final solutions', and whatever conspiracy theory is popular right now, is utter garbage.

It was Bill Gates that used the expression 'the final solution' when unfolding his plans to vaccinate the whole world population...

I don't think he meant it in the Holocaust-sense, but his BMG Foundation has openly infiltrated in as good as all healthcare-organizations, and is now calling the shots which research is to be funded.

6 minutes ago, teatime101 said:

I rely on credible sources for my information.

Seems you imply that people with a different viewpoint are relying on non-credible sources for their information? 

Would be interesting to know which sources you regards as credible, can you provide a small overview of such sources.

47 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

sources you regards as credible

I've quoted previously from The Lancet and a Harvard study, and also two Chinese virologists who are top of their field. These were on the use of masks (which I agree is not clear cut) and the efficacy of vaccination campaigns in eradicating polio and smallpox after WWII. How people can ignore the history of vaccination, and the saving of millions of lives, is beyond me.

Even if there were a link to autism, which is not supported by the evidence (very few cases are actually claimed), it just means that there is a small risk. Lots of medical interventions involve risk.

A recent analysis of vaccines to protect against 13 diseases estimated that for a single birth cohort nearly 20 million cases of diseases were prevented, including over 40,000 deaths 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5402432/#!po=68.7500

Paper here

https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/133/4/577?max-results=200

It's not hard to find reliable sources. Not many even try, sadly.

Edited by teatime101