Electricity Bill payment

pixelaoffy

Tried to pay the MET Gov electric bill last week but was told in Tesco and 7-11 that couldnt , another customer told me its due to an adjustment and reduction due to current lockdown. Anyone know when and will there be another Bill issued?

2 minutes ago, ripstanley said:

We paid our April bill yesterday at the local PEA office. We tried to pay late March were told we had to wait. They sent an SMS to my wife with the new payment amount.  it was reduce by almost 500 baht.

can you tell where there is a web

link for these offices in Bangkok?

14 hours ago, ripstanley said:

We paid our April bill yesterday at the local PEA office. We tried to pay late March were told we had to wait. They sent an SMS to my wife with the new payment amount.  it was reduce by almost 500 baht.

Same here. Our bill was also deferred but wife got SMS Monday informing us bill had been reduced by more than 600 baht. Paid yesterday 850 down from 1480.

2 hours ago, ripstanley said:

PEA office is in Phayao. Long way from Bangkok.

That's a misunderstanding.

PEA is the provincial electricity authority responsible for all areas outside of Bangkok (metro?).

MEA is the metropolitan electricity authority.

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Is there a reason more people on here don't set up DD for paying electric bill?

I see many mentioned app(s) or going to the office etc?

I use the PEA app and pay through internet banking.

Quite convenience from the desk (if the app does time out to overload :biggrin:).

2 hours ago, pixelaoffy said:

can you tell where there is a web

link for these offices in Bangkok?

Hope this map link for MEA offices helps:

https://www.google.com/maps/search/การไฟฟ้านครหลวง/@13.7698204,100.2827245,10z/data=!3m1!4b1

Click on the location pins to see details.

Got my latest MEA electric bill today...always get it on the 13th.  And wow....never saw a MEA electric bill like this with the additional discounts due to the COVID-19 situation.  Disregarding the Ft adjustment (i.e., price of fuel to produce electricity), I had a Bt887 discount titled "discount for govt policy" and then another 3% discount for Bt192 titled "according to govt policy."  Without pulling out last month's bill I pretty sure I got the 3% discount last month also.

Top part of the bill shows what I have to pay based on the adjustment; bottom part shows what a bill without discounts would have been.

I have a 30/100A meter....KWH used this month was 1,638....I run one large A/C 24/7 and another one at night time.  And got all the typical other electronic/electrical appliances in my home along with 3 frigs.

When all the discount dust settled I got discounts of Bt1,076

11 minutes ago, Pib said:

Got my latest MEA electric bill today...always get it on the 13th.  And wow....never saw a MEA electric bill like this with the additional discounts due to the COVID-19 situation.  Disregarding the Ft adjustment (i.e., price of fuel to produce electricity), I had a Bt887 discount titled "discount for govt policy" and then another 3% discount for Bt192 titled "according to govt policy."  Without pulling out last month's bill I pretty sure I got the 3% discount last month also.

Top part of the bill shows what I have to pay based on the adjustment; bottom part shows what a bill without discounts would have been.

I have a 30/100A meter....KWH used this month was 1,638....I run one large A/C 24/7 and another one at night time.  And got all the typical other electronic/electrical appliances in my home along with 3 frigs.

When all the discount dust settled I got discounts of Bt1,076

Why move to Thailand if need AC for 24/7 ? Move north in my coundry Finland and only open the window! 

Also nice that in summer time there is much more moscito than in here lol.

Not dengue thou

1 minute ago, 2 is 1 said:

Why move to Thailand if need AC for 24/7 ? Move north in my coundry Finland and only open the window! 

Also nice that in summer time there is much more moscito than in here lol.

Not dengue thou

Why move to Finland due to cold weather.   How long does summer last in Finland?  Maybe one week.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

Why move to Finland due to cold weather. 

And one of the countries with the highest electric power consumption per capita.

A reasonable amount produced in the future by one of worlds biggest nuclear power plants under construction (Russian type) :biggrin:

23 minutes ago, Pib said:

Without pulling out last month's bill I pretty sure I got the 3% discount last month also.

We had the 3% on last bill already.

Our bill will not be out until 21st/22nd.

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

And one of the countries with the highest electric power consumption per capita.

Yea...to heat their homes (except during the one week of summer).  ????

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Quite convenience from the desk (if the app does time out to overload :biggrin:).

Quite convenient from the desk (if the app does NOT time out to overload :biggrin:).

The heat takes its toll.