REPORTING- 90 Days .....................................

I am due to report June 9th, so I thought I would try on-line but there's conflicting information.

I was told you can file on-line 20 days before the due date.  I was also told 14 days.

LOOKING for some clarity on this.

Thanks and Stay Safe ...............

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do a online report of staying longer than 90 day in the country up to 15 day before up to the report date.

Scroll  down the terms and condition on this website for the reporting to find the info needed.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

What is true now. In one documentation you can apply until the due date and in the pdf documentation only until 7 days before the due date (the version I still know)?

Do you know it? 

Just now, Oldie said:

What is true now. In one documentation you can apply until the due date and in the pdf documentation only until 7 days before the due date (the version I still know)?

Do you know it? 

Up until the reporting due date is the latest instruction.  That is for online.... 7 days grace afterwards if reporting in person.

5 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Up until the reporting due date is the latest instruction.  That is for online.... 7 days grace afterwards if reporting in person.

Then the pdf documentation is wrong. 

90 days.jpg

Edited by Oldie

2 hours ago, Oldie said:

Then the pdf documentation is wrong. 

90 days.jpg

• Please check expiry date of stay permit in your passport. You must not overstay.
• This is not an extension of stay.
• Overdue notification is not accepted via internet. Applicant must contact the nearest Immigration Office in person.
• Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days until the due date of notification. ( see example )

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

• Please check expiry date of stay permit in your passport. You must not overstay.
• This is not an extension of stay.
• Overdue notification is not accepted via internet. Applicant must contact the nearest Immigration Office in person.
• Applicants can submit this online application within 15 days until the due date of notification. ( see example )

I understood. It would be great if they fix or remove the obviously outdated pdf documentation then... It just causes confusion. 

9 minutes ago, bangsaenguy said:

I did my 90 day report this week and got a reply within hours. 

however, the reply only stated "Notification 90 days is Approved." No date, no attachment. Is this normal?

If you mean reply by email then it's normal. You have to login for the actual approval and next due date.

36 minutes ago, Makoshark said:

UbonJoe is the Pope on this stuff.  I have N E V E R  known him to be wrong..   Thanks again, Joe

I don't believe the Pope on many issues.

I believe Ubon Joe though.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They are not required until after July 31st.

Are they not? I saw a sign on the Jomtien office gate this week that said no reporting required until July 31, but just to be sure I went in and did a report as usual. I wanted to be sure as I thought it was possible the sign was only applicable to tourists.

If reports are not required, why didn't they tell me to go home instead of giving me a ticket and processing it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, JensenZ said:

If reports are not required, why didn't they tell me to go home instead of giving me a ticket and processing it.

Because you appeared at the office to do something you did not need to do.

It is for everybody. Tourists normally would never do a 90 day report.

6 hours ago, JensenZ said:

Are they not? I saw a sign on the Jomtien office gate this week that said no reporting required until July 31, but just to be sure I went in and did a report as usual. I wanted to be sure as I thought it was possible the sign was only applicable to tourists.

You can still do 90 day reports, either in person or online, and they will be processed BUT if you choose not to there is no penalty.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Because you appeared at the office to do something you did not need to do.

It is for everybody. Tourists normally would never do a 90 day report.

The same sign says that extensions are not required until after July 31, so that's optional too?

20 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

The same sign says that extensions are not required until after July 31, so that's optional too?

Only for those on visa exempt entries or those that used a visa for entry. 

If you are on a long stay extension (90 day or one year) of stay you need to do your extension.

1 minute ago, Greenside said:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do  times out every effort I make to connect.  Is it just heavy traffic?

I usually have no problems doing reports this way.

For about a month now it will not open if you are using a VPN and some Thai ISP's.

I just opened the site.

5 minutes ago, Greenside said:

No VPN and using AIS - can't get much more Thai than that!  I'll double check the router settings anyway....

AIS was one of the reported ISP's that it would not open with.

4 minutes ago, EricTh said:

@Makoshark

I did my online reporting a few days ago and it was approved.

It must be reported within 14 days before due date. If you report too early, it will be rejected.

Forgive the minor correction........ 15 days before..

Procedure and notification
1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.

The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.

http://www.suratimmigration.go.th/en/90days.php

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can do a online report of staying longer than 90 day in the country up to 15 day before up to the report date.

Scroll  down the terms and condition on this website for the reporting to find the info needed.

I suggest all do theirs online because when the "amnesty" is over I'm betting that you will all have to go to Immigration to get it reset.

I don't trust these people.

Some of us are unable to do the 90 day on line.

My 90 day was due 25th april, told my wife it is not required to do now until 31st july.

Monday evening a friend of hers was talking with my wife on the phone, after the call my wife says we have to do your 90 day now !!What, no its on hold... MY friend said blah, blah, blah.

So tuesday morning off she goes to the bank to update my books, then off to Khonkaen.

Goes into immigration, 5 minutes finished, no request to see bank books, yet when my wife did my retirement extension, she was told, have to show 800.000  in the bank on the 90 day report.

Red face....

Turned out that my VPN was connected even though the on screen control said it was off - think maybe the recent Win10 update may have been the cause.  Now I find I'm 3 days past the cutoff for online reporting.  You'd think someone would have thought to change the time allowed for reporting if only to save a crowded mess at the end of July.

I'll print up a form anyway and keep an eye on the Immigration car park for an opportune moment to get it done.

44 minutes ago, Greenside said:

Red face....

Turned out that my VPN was connected even though the on screen control said it was off - think maybe the recent Win10 update may have been the cause.  Now I find I'm 3 days past the cutoff for online reporting.  You'd think someone would have thought to change the time allowed for reporting if only to save a crowded mess at the end of July.

I'll print up a form anyway and keep an eye on the Immigration car park for an opportune moment to get it done.

When you didn't report on-line during the 15-day before till due date window, you have not choice but to report in person at your local IO.  You have 7 days to do that from due date.