Can Thai/falang Children Be Doctors And Lawyers And Such?

jt936

I recently asked the question, "could thai falang children work for the government?". I got a lot of answers about being soldiers and MPs. There are many jobs which are government jobs, i.e., doctors, teachers, etc. These are the jobs I am concerned about.

SO, does anyone have knowledge of Thai/falang children being able to get government jobs?

Thanks.

As long as they are Thai nationals, I can't see why not. I used to work for government for a number of years (as a consultant though).

I think the main reason why you won't see many luuk krungs working in government is simply cause of the lousy pay. THB 6000 is a normal grad starting slary, 7,000 baht if you have your masters. Work close to 30 years and you'll be looking at close to 25,000 a month.

Why do it?

As long as they are Thai nationals, I can't see why not. I used to work for government for a number of years (as a consultant though).

I think the main reason why you won't see many luuk krungs working in government is simply cause of the lousy pay. THB 6000 is a normal grad starting slary, 7,000 baht if you have your masters. Work close to 30 years and you'll be looking at close to 25,000 a month. [b]+ Tea Money[/b] :o

Why do it?

Does anyone know what professions in Thailand actually pay well for Thai nationals? If you went through the International School system and either went to University abroad or got a degree from the best Thai universities, what kind of job/salary could a Thai national expect?