Aussie expat launches ambitious bid to host Mike Tyson fight in Thailand

webfact

43 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Have you sparred with Mike Tyson too?

Also, sparring is not full power. 

However, it is silly to suggest a 16 year old would have anywhere near the power and experience to beat Tyson.

Dont need to. His video shows the power.

3 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Holyfield did roids

A large majority of professional sports figures do steroids or growth hormone. All professional bodybuilders, a lot of football players and more than a few baseball players. Even Lance Armstrong was busted for them.

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. He is quite smart. When is the last time you have seen him interviewed? He is funny and quick minded. He is a real charmer. I love the guy, and would love to see more of him. And yes, he has come a long way. He has matured alot, and is a kind hearted man. 

Read interviews, seems a smart and kind guy with lots of stuff to say, stuff we can learn from.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Anything that helps a charity is a good idea, as long as no one innocents hurt. Letting them beat the hell out of each other is entertainment. A lot of people do a lot of bad things for money, and they usually end up as millionaires or doctors, so this isn't a bad thing.

People that do bad things for money usually end up as millionaires or doctors? Not surehow you come up with that pink unicorn but ppl doing bad things for money usually end up in jail. Millionaires usually got their riches bc they provide a service to many people. Doctors became doctors bc they studied hard.

Setting up Thai prisoners to fight foreigners? i am sure its a wet dream come true for many average people, most who never sport themselves except lifting beerbottles. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

A large majority of professional sports figures do steroids or growth hormone. All professional bodybuilders, a lot of football players and more than a few baseball players. Even Lance Armstrong was busted for them.

So?

Did Tyson do them? If not then Holyfield should have been dq

1 minute ago, herwin1234 said:

People that do bad things for money usually end up as millionaires or doctors? Not surehow you come up with that pink unicorn but ppl doing bad things for money usually end up in jail. Millionaires usually got their riches bc they provide a service to many people. Doctors became doctors bc they studied hard.

Setting up Thai prisoners to fight foreigners? i am sure its a wet dream come true for many average people, most who never sport themselves except lifting beerbottles. 

Really, what category are you then, surely not below average......?   ????

Just now, herwin1234 said:

Raping the earth for it's resources, although still legal, is how a lot of people get rich. Some do provide a service yes. Some actually put money towards saving the earth, but they are few and far between. I mentioned doctors, not meaning all, but just the many who over prescribe narcotics to their patients because they don't know a better way. Over 130,000 people die a year from these doctors mistakes.

Edited by fredwiggy

On 5/14/2020 at 10:01 AM, keith101 said:

I am a huge boxing fan but wouldn't pay 1 satang to go and see this Ahole fight after biting off an ear .

And as a convicted rapist should not be allowed into Thailand .

Just because he got convicted doesn’t mean he actually did it. When this went down he was at the height of his fame, he had millions and millions of dollars at his disposal and tons of women who would have just loved to bed him for free. Alternatively one phone call and 30 minutes later he would’ve had the most high class hookers at his disposal he could have dreamed off, there was absolutely no need to rape anyone.

Also, when she left his hotel room she went downstairs to the lobby and over to the concierge and asked him calmly in a perfectly normal mood to order her a taxi to go home, not the hospital and most definitely not the police station. She only went there the day after. Does that kind of behavior make sense for someone who was just brutally raped? 

It doesn’t add up. In my opinion she was sore the next day and thought, hey, I could make some serious money out of this. Just like his ex-wife who spread malicious lies of him hitting her which wasn’t true. She was a massive gold digger, too! 

In regards to the ear biting, Holyfield head-butted him repeatedly to the point where Tyson sustained a cut. He complained numerous times to the referee who didn’t act on it, by the way, the same thing happened in their previous fight, so eventually Tyson had enough and handled it himself. Despicable, yes, Unsportsmanlike, definitely, over the top, absolutely uncalled for, not so much! 

Edited by pacovl46

On 5/14/2020 at 3:54 AM, Captain Monday said:

Tyson is 53. Put him in the ring with a decent 16 year old Muay Thai kid Mike would get knocked out.

You must have failed physics when the big bus collides with the little bus.

On 5/14/2020 at 5:04 AM, Captain Monday said:

Nonsense. A well conditioned 16 year old Muay Thai fighter could dance Tyson around the ring, tire him, out  and kick him in the head and neck until Tyson comes...DOWN.

For you we send in a pee-wee, to target the knees. 

The lock-down has affected your ability to think rationally.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Tyson is a really good guy. He has made some mistakes, but he has more than made amends for them. That is all you can ask of a decent man. He is hugely entertaining, very funny, clever, and charming. I would love to see a show like this. Of course it would not be highly competitive, as he is 53. But, he has great entertainment value, and I enjoy seeing him do well at this stage of his life. 

I never believed the rape charges. He was set up. The fact that he was convicted by a jury means very little to me. The US judicial system is hugely unreliable. "Guilty! Guilty! Guilty! This was the shocking verdict handed down by 12 jurors when found ex-heavyweight boxing champion Mike Tyson guilty of rape. But was Tyson, dubbed "the baddest man on the planet," really guilty or was he railroaded into prison by a scorned lover, an inept defense counsel, an overzealous prosecutor, a pro-prosecution judge, and an out-of-control jury that simply guessed at his guilt? I am 99% sure that is what happened. 

This is a quote from a relatively recent interview on the subject, which is very accurate, with regard to the US justice system. "I didn’t have a good image at the time and was very foul-mouthed. It’s just stereotypes. If you’re big, black, and strong, you’re a rapist; if you’re smart and Jewish, you’re a tax cheat; if you’re an Italian in a nice suit, you’re a gangster; if you’re a Latino, you’re having a bunch of babies and making money off welfare. These are stereotypes, and we get convicted in this country based on these stereotypes.”

Biting off part of Holyfield's ear was dumb. He claims it was in response to a head butt, at the time. He has acknowledged that he was out of line, and apologized to Evander, who accepted the apology as the gracious man he is. We all mess up from time to time. This guy came from the ghetto, to world fame, and that can mess with a man's head. But he has represented himself well, since his boxing years, and many would love to see him again. 

Exactly!!! Wherever he went there were numerous women who wanted to sleep with him. One phone call and he could’ve had the most high end hookers in his room within half an hour. There was no need to rape anyone.

When she left his hotel room she went downstairs to the lobby and over to the concierge and asked him calmly in a perfectly normal mood to order her a taxi to go home, not the hospital and most definitely not the police station. She only went there the day after. Does that kind of behavior make sense for someone who was just brutally raped? 

But, I don’t believe it was a set-up. He went to some place and that’s when he saw her. She couldn’t have known that he was going there. I personally believe she was sore the next day and that’s when she realized she could make some huge money off it! 

Edited by pacovl46

7 hours ago, Tingnongnoi said:

not negative, just realistic, if he's coming back for a 3 round exhibition for charity all good, I would watch with no expectations, but people posting he could get his titles back and be top ten again sorry but aint ever going to happen.

I wouldn’t say that! Mike still has the power and if he gets his cardio in check, he’d definitely have a chance. All it takes is one good punch. Tyson Fury doesn’t look convincing in the ring, if you ask me. 

2 hours ago, UbonThani said:

So?

Did Tyson do them? If not then Holyfield should have been dq

Holyfield was alleged to have taken them, never failed a test or proven to have taken them, not saying he didn't, but how could he have been disqualified?

On 5/14/2020 at 4:54 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but MT is a boxer, correct?

One assumes he does not know the art of Muay Thai.

You would find no thai Muay Thai fighter willing to have a boxing match with MT, Muay Thai fighters cannot punch!

John Wayne Parr one of the best western Muay Thai fighters if all time can box. 43 years old he fought Anthony Mundine (a pro boxer) last year then retired. Now fighting again.

But yeah the 16 year old comment is a bit much.

2 hours ago, Dimebag said:

John Wayne Parr one of the best western Muay Thai fighters if all time can box. 43 years old he fought Anthony Mundine (a pro boxer) last year then retired. Now fighting again.

But yeah the 16 year old comment is a bit much.

he also fought international boxing early on in his career before switching back to Muaythai, there has been plenty of Thai's with decent boxing over the years Saensak Muangsurin won Wbc belt in only his 3rd professional fight, Samart Payakarun who was a legendary Muaythai fighter, plenty of others in the lower weight divisions, the issue isn't so much about a 16 year old, but the pure size difference, as you will struggle to find a decent Thai fighter over 70 kilos Tyson around 100 kilos in his prime

On 5/14/2020 at 3:54 AM, Captain Monday said:

Tyson is 53. Put him in the ring with a decent 16 year old Muay Thai kid Mike would get knocked out.

What are you smoking? Tyson may be 53, but he's probably still a wrecking machine. No 12 rounds anymore, but I'll bet he's a killer for 3.

On 5/14/2020 at 7:59 AM, Inn Between said:

The only reason I'd ever want this fight to go ahead is to hear that "Old Ear-biter" got badly humiliated. I wouldn't support a fight of his by actually watching it.

Tyson should have been cast to the Cellar of Shame immediately after biting part of Holyfield's ear off -- then going for the other one after the IDIOT ref lets the bout continue!!! It should have been stopped, the police brought in and assault charges brought against the a**hole. Then Tyson should have been banned from having anything so with boxing (and maybe humanity) for the rest of his life.  

People sometimes change as they go through life...heard of that?

On 5/14/2020 at 9:01 AM, keith101 said:

I am a huge boxing fan but wouldn't pay 1 satang to go and see this Ahole fight after biting off an ear .

And as a convicted rapist should not be allowed into Thailand .

surely as a huge boxing fan you must appreciate hes one of the all time great heavyweights?  

50 minutes ago, paulikens said:

surely as a huge boxing fan you must appreciate hes one of the all time great heavyweights?  

Iron Mike wasn't Muhammad Ali by any stretch of the imagination and vice versa.  And that's where I separate them out into their own individual professional compartments.  

Put it this way, if science could combine the genetics of Iron Mike and Muhammad Ali into a single pugilistic cloned Dolly the Sheep fighting machine then you'd be looking close to boxing perfection.   

Edited by torturedsole

14 minutes ago, BradWilkins said:

Iron Mike v the famous ladyboy Muay Thai champion. In honour of the Hangover movie. It would be huge.

It wouldn't, trust me.  Let's not confuse this story with Muay Thai. This is a different sport and commercially no one wants to see a ladyboy beaten to death within five seconds of the opening bell.

The promoter wants Iron Mike to meet up with a semi-respectable opponent.  And the proceeds of the bout goes to charity.  

Edited by torturedsole

2 minutes ago, torturedsole said:

It wouldn't, trust me.  Let's not confuse this story with Muay Thai. This is a different sport and nobody wants to see a ladyboy beaten to death within five seconds.

The promoter wants Iron Mike to meet up with a semi-respectable opposition.  And the proceeds of the bout go to charity.  

Sarcasm is dead