Any Mail arriving from USA?

Has anyone received any letters or packages from the US recently? My daughter wants to mail me a package for my birthday, but I don’t know if it will be accepted here. She is going to ask her local post office to see if they will send it, but I thought I would check with folks here to see what their experience has been with US mail. A few weeks ago I tried to mail a letter to the US at the Thailand Post Office and they said the US is not accepting any mail from Thailand. Now I wonder if the reverse is true.           Thank you! Stay healthy everyone!

Mail is still arriving from the US. In another topic a member reported getting his stimulus check in the past few days. 

The US is still accepting mail from here. But Thai Post is only accepting surface mail since they cannot send out any mail by air due to Thai Airways not having any flights out of the country.

• Thanks 2
1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Mail is still arriving from the US. In another topic a member reported getting his stimulus check in the past few days. 

The US is still accepting mail from here. But Thai Post is only accepting surface mail since they cannot send out any mail by air due to Thai Airways not having any flights out of the country.

Thanks so much! Good to know that US mail is getting here. ????

As for sending mail out, I had the impression from the Post Office staff that it was the USA that wasn’t accepting mail, but it makes more sense that it’s because of Thai not flying out right now. 

I have been expecting a letter from US mailed on 24 April. In 4 days it made it to a New York facility. Now finally yesterday tracking shows it made it across town to the Jamaica New York International facility. It sat there from the 28th til 16 May,,,,,,,,,,hopefully it will make a plane to Thailand soon.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, longball53098 said:

I have been expecting a letter from US mailed on 24 April. In 4 days it made it to a New York facility. Now finally yesterday tracking shows it made it across town to the Jamaica New York International facility. It sat there from the 28th til 16 May,,,,,,,,,,hopefully it will make a plane to Thailand soon.

Have you tried to check the Thai Post tracking for it? https://track.thailandpost.co.th/

It might have an update about if it has arrived here or is on the way.

4 hours ago, longball53098 said:

Thanks for this information. It gives me an idea of what to expect.

Obviously there have been delays that are originating in the US.

I ordered a package from iHerb on April 5th which just arrived at my Lamphun address May 14th. 

The package was shipped via DHL April 5th and processed in Compton, CA on April 6th and then sat for a full month.

On May 7th the package as scanned in Frankfurt, Germany.  From there it arrived in Thailand on May 13th and arrived in Lamphun on May 14th.  As usual for mail that I track, mail within Thailand is usually moves between Lamphun and Bangkok in less than 48 hours.

So for whatever reason the holdup is international courier originating in the US.  And I find it interesting that the package was send though Europe when it originated in LA.  No direct flights from LAX to Asia on DHL?  Who knows.  Hopefully this silliness is drawing to an end and commerce is ramping back up.  At least I order again from iHerb now that the package arrived but my expectation for shipping time is now 5+ weeks with packages just sitting in a DHL warehouse for no particular reason.  Don't bother attempting to ask DHL why, they won't answer you. 

On 5/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, longball53098 said:

Hey Joe,,,,,,,,,yes and here is what the Thai Post site shows,,,,,,,,,,the 2 greyed out icons imply to me that it has not arrived here yet.

tracking US.jpg

Update on this letter sent using registered US mail,,,,,,,,,,USPS tracking now shows it has made it to a plane at JFK New York. Only took three weeks from Wisconsin to a plane bound for Thailand. Maybe it will arrive here in LOS in a day or two

As written in another thread:

Yesterday (May 18) I received a parcel from the US (NY) with some herbal supplements.

Due to the corresponding letter it was shipped on May 4.

Positive surprise: no hassle about customs. Just came through.

7 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

As written in another thread:

Yesterday (May 18) I received a parcel from the US (NY) with some herbal supplements.

Due to the corresponding letter it was shipped on May 4.

Positive surprise: no hassle about customs. Just came through.

Very good news indeed, thanks!

On 5/18/2020 at 5:04 PM, connda said:

Obviously there have been delays that are originating in the US.

I ordered a package from iHerb on April 5th which just arrived at my Lamphun address May 14th. 

The package was shipped via DHL April 5th and processed in Compton, CA on April 6th and then sat for a full month.

On May 7th the package as scanned in Frankfurt, Germany.  From there it arrived in Thailand on May 13th and arrived in Lamphun on May 14th.  As usual for mail that I track, mail within Thailand is usually moves between Lamphun and Bangkok in less than 48 hours.

So for whatever reason the holdup is international courier originating in the US.  And I find it interesting that the package was send though Europe when it originated in LA.  No direct flights from LAX to Asia on DHL?  Who knows.  Hopefully this silliness is drawing to an end and commerce is ramping back up.  At least I order again from iHerb now that the package arrived but my expectation for shipping time is now 5+ weeks with packages just sitting in a DHL warehouse for no particular reason.  Don't bother attempting to ask DHL why, they won't answer you. 

I had been wondering about iHerb orders. I stopped ordering from them the end of a February because I thought there might be a problem. I hope you get your order soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

48 days now, still no parcel from the US. No news other than it got to Chicago 18 May and was in transit to the next facility 22 May, whatever that means. 

Meanwhile a second USPS package sent a month later got to Jamaica NY 13 May and no change since then.