Second phase of lockdown relaxation to start from May 17

webfact

8 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

YET beaches still closed???

yep, quite ridiculous if you ask me. I have two young puppies and have to bring them to the beach at least 4-5 times a day and risk getting the 100,000 baht fine.

police pickups going a few times a day to curse out people on the beach (95% Thai). just this morning a pickup with like 8 people at the beach, no masks

chances of them getting fined = 0 but myself I decided to just pay some Thai person to bring my dogs out during the middle of the day as I know there's a big chance they would fine me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

partially open fitness centres for free weight training (no workouts in groups or use of exercise machines)

Usually, even without pandemic, each person clean all exercise machines with chlorine before use. The only exception are free weights. Nobody cleans them :D. So, they probably never go to the gym ????

Edited by Andrew23
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

Public pools are the pools open to a public

the public can be the hotel guest or the condo renters

A private pool is for example the pool in your villa garden

only you can acess to the pool

Our condo pool is private only the owners get access, my pool at home has never been an issue and most hotels remain closed so no access to their pools,

I'll take a ride to the condo Saturday to see if they are allowed to open they will know whats, what

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Our condo pool is private only the owners get access, my pool at home has never been an issue and most hotels remain closed so no access to their pools,

I'll take a ride to the condo Saturday to see if they are allowed to open they will know whats, what

I suppose that many hotels were closed because they had to close their pool and their restaurants. 

If they can open them now, hotels should start to reopen. 

We will see soon enough... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

I suppose that many hotels were closed because they had to close their pool and their restaurants. 

hotels were closed to stop people from travelling

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

Yes, was a complete shut down my friend has a nice 50 room hotel and the pool is great for some good exercise 45m long I used to like going about 4 pm good swim for an hour then sit at the bar for a couple of beers soon we can do again hopefully

• Like 2

Gym and fitness centres

▪︎Only allow non-physical-contact sport with only three people in one team and no viewers, such as badminton, table tennis, yoga, fencing, squash, etc.

▪︎partially open fitness centres for free weight training (no workouts in groups or use of exercise machines)

▪︎ public pools, allowing number of people in pool equal to lanes (at least 7-feet long) and only allowing one hour of use per person.

Confused about this?  So a Gym can open? But only free weights can be used?  Partially open fitness center means a gym enclosed in a mall cannot open?  Also, the rules for pool Use will never work in my building.  I can just imagine one of our security guards enforcing the spacing and time limit rules.  

I doubt my gym can open under these rules.  Even though the windows are open in the morning and the AC is only turned on in the afternoon.  But I like to run on the treadmill and use the stair climber so it appears I will have to wait until Phase 3.  

At least the malls are open for lunch and dinner.  

Also, I thought foot massages were approved?  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Brunolem said:

whose going to be staying in the hotels that will open if there no tourists?
even thai's wont be out on vacations anytime soon

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Why open hotel if don't have any customer?! Only idiot manager or owner do that. Loose money not make any!

If they want to promote domestic tourist, they are going to need to open hotels...and hotels are not like a shoe shop, they can't open overnight, they will need a few weeks for that...get the staff back, clean, refill...

A big hotel is like a small city, a heavy complicated machine to operate...

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Only people who are seven feet long can use the pool! 

And who is going to time? "Your one hour is up. Get out!" 

Well, if the only swimmers are over seven feet, should not be difficult to keep track of them!

????????????

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

Thailand reopening more businesses as coronavirus eases

2020-05-15T055701Z_1_LYNXMPEG4E0DZ_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

Staff wearing protective face masks pass their time as they prepare to reopen their shop in a shopping centre during the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak in Pathum Thani, Thailand May 14, 2020. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand will begin allowing department stores, shopping malls and other businesses to reopen from Sunday as new coronavirus cases dwindle, the government said.

Stores selling electronics, furniture and office supplies will be among the businesses allowed to resume operations, said Taweesin Wisanuyothin, a spokesman for the government's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration.

The global pandemic has forced many countries to impose strict lockdowns. In Thailand, large stores aside from grocery shops and pharmacies have been closed since late March when daily cases surged above 100.

"I expect our numbers to remain good so that we can further relax restrictions in the next phases to return to normalcy," Taweesin said.

While easing more restrictions was necessary for domestic econonomic activity to resume, he said the government remained wary about a potential second wave of cases.

"Everyone has to cooperate," he added.

Thailand reported seven new coronavirus cases on Friday, all of which were imported from overseas, while the number of deaths remained unchanged at 56.

Other businesses allowed to resume operations on Sunday include nail salons, cosmetics and clothing stores, hotel meeting rooms and convention centres. Libraries, galleries and museums are also set to reopen, Taweesin said.

A night-time curfew will also be shortened by one hour, to 11 p.m. to 4 a.m., from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. previously.

Spas, massage centres and most gyms will remain closed for now, although yoga studios and swimming pools can reopen as long as they practice social distancing.

Thailand first relaxed some restrictions on May 3, allowing six types of businesses to reopen, including outdoor markets, barber shops and pet groomers.

Taweesin urged Thais to wear masks and practice social distancing to prevent a resurgence of the virus that first emerged in China and has killed over 300,000 people globally.

Thailand has confirmed a total of 3,025 cases since the coronavirus outbreak started in January and on Wednesday reported zero new daily cases for the first time in two months.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2020-05-15

My wife and probably 90% of other wives be happy ,film productions to start again, that will mean some new soap operas on TV ,the wife said she does not like some old ones being re-run, but like I said all Thai soap operas  are all the same ,her reply ,I can not print. 

But, <deleted> Thai soap operas ,no more Archers (BBC R4) until 25th May.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1