China, South Korea removed from list of high-risk countries

rooster59

Thailand should also open to Vietnam, Laos and Taiwan as these countries have consistently been low-risk. 

Yes.... I know what the doom-sayers and skeptics in this forum will say so save your breath or rather your typing...

If new daily cases of 20 or less is considered 'lockdown', then what about those with more than 1000 new cases everyday?

That's the list for June but maybe in July, there will more countries added to the list.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

15 minutes ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

HEY... let Thai Gov. have it's feel good moment.  After all they cured C-19,, most likely developing the first vaccine and protected all it's citizens from starvation and poverty. We should be in great admiration of the those responsible.  ????

Let's look at the facts, Thailand has possibly the largest Chinese tourists in the world from December to Mid March before the lockdown in Thailand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand#Top_25_arrivals_by_nationality

So do you see Thailand having the largest infected cases in the world from this list below compared to countries with low Chinese tourist numbers ? History speaks for itself.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Let's look at the facts, Thailand has possibly the largest Chinese tourists in the world from December to Mid March before the lockdown in Thailand.

So do you see Thailand having the largest infected cases in the world from this list ? History speaks for itself.

We can all believe in the web of lies or we can not believe in the web of lies.  It come down to when the H are the restrictions and everything going away so we can have some sense of life and leisure.  I mean, I am relaxing, but I would love to be able to hit the beach...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

There are no international flight for tourists.

When the time comes, Cha Cha "the great" might make sure THAI has empty planes waiting at all major S. Korean and "Chinese cities" (including Taipei and KaoHsiung) to kick off the airline's and the country's recovery,   His self congratulatory speeches can be heard now if you just close your eyes and imagine. "I saved Thailand and THAI".

3 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

Well I never .. what a surprise .. 

Even less so considering this is an ethnic Chinese doing a favour to other Chinese...

Also the ones who could suffer from it are not his kins, AND, more victims of an epidemy can only strengthen his position as minister of public health.

Anutin or the win-win...-win situation, for him.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Guderian said:

You should view these decisions through the yellow-tinted glasses that the Thai politicians wear:

China & South Korea = Asian = clean and good

Europe and America = farang = dirty and bad

Thai politicians look at justified statistics and not based on biased personal views. I am sure all countries will eventually be welcome back to Thailand if they can control the spread well.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if this refers to China/Korea passport holders?

(Which would be ridiculous, by the way, as there are still a lot of Chinese abroad. And also extremely racist towards other nationalities residing in China/Korea.)

Or does it refer to people who stayed in China / Korea in the last 14 days?

• Like 1

Not sure what the future holds but I am assuming the Wuhan China virus will be like other diseases and be around for many years to come. Maybe like the flu.  Been around for a long time as it's hard to eradicate...ditto for the Wuhan China virus. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, EricTh said:

Thai politicians look at justified statistics and not based on biased personal views. I am sure all countries will eventually be welcome back to Thailand if they can control the spread well.

If you don't carry out mass testing then you don't know how many are infected, it's that simple. None of the countries in SE Asia are mentioned for controlling the spread, because no one knows how many are infected.

It doesn't really matter anymore as the whole world is infected in outbreaks large and small, travel bans are useless, get on with it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JCP108 said:

1) There's also the problem of no normal international flights allowed to land here, and

2) Isn't there still a stipulation that people entering the country have to observe a 14-day quarantine upon arrival?

Yes, you are correct, this basically means nothing. It is just a Thai internal perception thing, nothing more. Meanwhile the rest of the world will carry on with the realisation that tourism is on the back burner for the foreseeable future. I believe next year at earliest before holidays are back on the agenda, not just for lack of flights we may find flights horribly expensive if they are forced to practice social distancing on the flights. Plus most people are recovering from the financial blow from this global crisis. Thailand is Thailand, having some global awareness or realisation of the true global situation is just not a Thai thing to do. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Saddic said:

It's all about appeasing their Chinese masters (please send tourist money)... they conveniently overlooked the second wave outbreak happening in China... 

Yes exactly same they did and in my opinion still do with the current ones. I saw the hordes of Chinese tourists coming to Chiang Mai during Chinese  New Year and all them were clean of Covid19 ?. If you  believe that then Grimms tales are for you. Today no new cases....better say no new cases above the carpet. Prayuth and Anutin......better then the brothers Grimm

• Like 2

Just now, Berti said:

I just can't find out which countries are still on the list.

Interesting document:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/file/pub_doc/LDoc6.pdf

Maybe only these countries??????

1)Republic of Korea

2)People’s Republic of China, including Macao andHong Kong Special Administrative Regions

3)Italian Republic

4)Islamic Republic of Iran

5) Malaysia

(6) Kingdom of Cambodia

(7) Lao People’s Democratic Republic

(8) Republic of Indonesia

(9) Republic of the Union of Myanma

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

You mean that hiding, lying and distorting authorities would be able to make a distinction with those (alas quite few) countries where authorities are open, straight and true in the figures they publish (including f.i. the large number of deceased who had not been tested but had shown Corona related symptoms)?

Oddly, in those countries (mainly located in western Europe), there are nearly no cases of (or mortality from) "unspecified lung diseases"... While a country like, for instance, Thailand, when I remember well, seems to have had (and have?) quite a lot of such cases... How bizarre, isn't it? This just, one, small example of a possibility to keep some Corona patients out of the satistics.

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Berti said:

Maybe only these countries??????

1)Republic of Korea

2)People’s Republic of China, including Macao andHong Kong Special Administrative Regions

3)Italian Republic

4)Islamic Republic of Iran

5) Malaysia

(6) Kingdom of Cambodia

(7) Lao People’s Democratic Republic

(8) Republic of Indonesia

(9) Republic of the Union of Myanma

^ Basically, but, have to remember that was before the borders where closed to all and before it really kicked off in places like UK and USA. The fact they've dropped a couple doesn't mean they won't add more when they do actually start opening the borders.

2 minutes ago, Salerno said:

^ Basically, but, have to remember that was before the borders where closed to all and before it really kicked off in places like UK and USA. The fact they've dropped a couple doesn't mean they won't add more when they do actually start opening the borders.

I just find it interesting that there is already 4 pages discussion going on without knowing which countries are still on the list.

I think this list will be important as soon as international travel will be allowed again. This is the only explanation why China/Korea are excluded now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Berti said:

I think this list will be important as soon as international travel will be allowed again.

I expect it will be fluid, and hopefully not politically based.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Thailand#Top_25_arrivals_by_nationality

So do you see Thailand having the largest infected cases in the world from this list below compared to countries with low Chinese tourist numbers ? History speaks for itself.

I feel your pain. Some people are racist no matter what. 

• Thanks 1

The question should be, will the CCP allow it's citizens out for a holiday and not have to 14 day quarantine when they arrive back in China?

I doubt will allow them and they won't want to risk importing infections back into China. Maybe some rich Chinese will be able to leave and get back ok, but the cheap tours group from China are staying put.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

The question should be, will the CCP allow it's citizens out for a holiday and not have to 14 day quarantine when they arrive back in China?

Where are our expats or those with jobs in China who have been weighing in on the forums, lets ask them?