China, South Korea removed from list of high-risk countries

rooster59

7 hours ago, Traubert said:

There isnt a second wave happening in China.

Virus skipped Bejing Shanghai and other big cities. They never lockdown. Now life in Bejing is as normal ppl go to karaoke bars and that... Picky virus 

7 hours ago, phkauf said:

It's probably all for show since most of the testing in China is completely unreliable. Most of the countries in the West have shunned the <deleted> that China has sold or "donated" since it's faulty.

The government needs to look like they are taking control to keep people content, so they create these fake events. I believe I read they want to test all 11 million people in Wuhan in a week - that's impossible. But they put on a show, tell everyone all is good and get back to work - typical behavior of this government.

All the while, there will be millions of infected Chinese spreading "the love" all over the world once again and TAT will be there welcoming with open arms and mango and sticky rice.

Paranoid dreaming.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lemonltr said:

Apart from Wuhan (again) there is a lockdown in Shulan and another city near the Russian border. (forgot name, begins with "H". 

Shulan has one case and four PUI's. Wuhuan has six confirmed and a massive nucleic testing programme. I suspect you mean Heliongjiang which is clear now.  Four more cases in Jilin.

No cause for alarm. ????

44 minutes ago, moe666 said:

I guess with all the belly aching here the US and the UK should have been top of the list

And why not? The USA and the UK rule.  If a vaccine is to be found it will come from here. Certainly not S.E.Asia

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Berti said:

They just extendend traveller ban until 30 June I think.

Bad news.

Yes, ridiculous.  Life has to get back to "normal".  The virus isn't going anywhere, but people need to get back to work and get back to their families.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Where are our expats or those with jobs in China who have been weighing in on the forums, lets ask them? 

yes?  you called?  i'm in hainan.  just got back in from a 3-hour bike ride to the beach.  traffic a bit heavy, we've got tens of thousands of students from the mainland returning, as colleges are set to reopen soon.

all the shops and stores are open.  chinese are actually IN the water, trying to swim.  new seaside hotels are going up.  seeing help wanted signs on the businesses near my apartment.  i can buy imported german wheat beer at the 24-hour convenience store a couple blocks away.  the annoying dancing grannies are blasting their mongolian dance tracks in the park next door until 10pm every evening.

here on the island we've had 168 cases, with 6 deaths.  nothing local for almost two months.  tourist sites are open.  i have a friend working in a family-owned resort hotel.  all 30 rooms booked, mostly mainland tourists.  i believe the quarantine period for most mainlanders has been dropped.  only quarantine remaining is for mainlanders from high-risk zones and coming from overseas. 

masks are not being worn by most now.  a few shops still require them, the larger supermarkets do as well.  life here is mostly back to normal.

they did catch one asymptomatic case april 25th, an elderly woman from wuhan.  they contact traced her, tested 344 people, deep-cleaned her apartment complex and a small supermarket nearby.  hainan government announced this on one of the regular public updates we have sent to our cellphone.

if you have any specific questions, feel free.  i can respond with local hainan situation reports, but haven't been to the mainland recently, so can't update you with eyewitness reports on the wet markets in wuhan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, ridiculous.  Life has to get back to "normal".  The virus isn't going anywhere, but people need to get back to work and get back to their families.

Feel for those seperated from family:

"Foreigners, even those with work permits, family or elite visas, even willing to do state quarantines, will remain banned from entry."

2 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

Does the Thai authorities actually believe ANYTHING that the Chinese Communists Party says? Are the powers that be so blinded by money that you they to re-expose the country to the people who are responsible for The Hong Kong Flu, the Bird Flu, Asian flu, Sars, Swine flu, the Wuhan Coronaviews ...the list is endless. The pay for 85% of their vacation to Thailand in China to Chinese companies. They fly on Chinese aircraft. They stay in many hotels that are owned by Chinese front companies, the ride on busses owned by Chinese money, the eat in Chinese owned restaurants and shop in Chinese owned stores. The employment gained is by hotel workers and the bartenders and girls in the few bars that they visit. 

The busses cause wear and tear on the road system and clog traffic. They dump their waste into the Thai sewers, They pollute the air. The mass of humanity, paying little money, are inflicting wear and tear on Thai monuments and temples that they visit. The are often disrespectful and spit on everything. 

Sure Thailand....let's try to INCREASE the number of these high quality low profit tourists and run the farang out. The simple truth is that the reson they come to Thailand is that other countries don't want them. 

Has anyone in the government ever bothered to do a simple  "Cost Benefit Analysis" of the Chinese tourist industry. 

....I don't expect and answer. We all know the answer!!! 

No hao Peng you!!

Obviously PhD in Chinese Sociology.

18 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Shulan has one case and four PUI's. Wuhuan has six confirmed and a massive nucleic testing programme. I suspect you mean Heliongjiang which is clear now.  Four more cases in Jilin.

No cause for alarm. ????

i think most of the cases in heilongjiang were so-called "imported" cases, chinese that tested positive at the border crossing returning from russia.

wuhan is a cluster - one elderly gentleman, plus five others in his apartment building.

Look at the history of infectious diseases, the worse in the last several decades have come from China. Why? because of the filthy wild animal practices prevalent there. The human race will eventually become extinct, most probably because of an irreversible virus initiated from China. You can laugh but this is reality  ......... live your life to the full, may be it old, young, decrepit, or otherwise. 

• Like 2

This discussion Chinese against Westerners becomes really theoretical now. Nobody goes to Thailand right now.

Nobody knows which decisions will be made in June.

Thailand will rather destroy the whole international travel and tourism industry before they would risk one more Corona dead. This seems to be sure now.

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Are you kidding? It's everywhere.

are you saying that because it's true, or you really want to believe it?

legitimate news sources are reporting small clusters in a few cities, as expected, with higher numbers caught by testing at border crossings and airports.

if i were to base my world view on propaganda sites like "china in focus" i'd get validation for how i really wish china would be suffering and nearing collapse, but i wouldn't be getting the truth of the situation.

i could repeat that everything the ccp says is lies, that 21 million cellphone subscribers died, that 5000 urns were delivered daily, etc.  and when those talking points got debunked enough times, i could move on to the next unverified accusations.

10 minutes ago, Ranshoko said:

Look at the history of infectious diseases, the worse in the last several decades have come from China. Why? because of the filthy wild animal practices prevalent there. The human race will eventually become extinct, most probably because of an irreversible virus initiated from China. You can laugh but this is reality  ......... live your life to the full, may be it old, young, decrepit, or otherwise. 

It certainly seems that there is a major issue with some of China's practices that cause these animal virus to mutate or spread to humans and despite this happening numerous times China have been very relaxed about taking action to knock the cause on the head. After the SARS outbreak China did initially impose measures to restrict wild animal sales in wet markets but for some odd reason they allowed the practices to continue again a few years later. I feel it is quite right the CCP face legal action for the death and misery they have caused to over 200 countries!

9 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

legitimate news sources are reporting small clusters in a few cities, as expected, with higher numbers caught by testing at border crossings and airports.

if i were to base my world view on propaganda sites like "china in focus" i'd get validation for how i really wish china would be suffering and nearing collapse, but i wouldn't be getting the truth of the situation.

i could repeat that everything the ccp says is lies, that 21 million cellphone subscribers died, that 5000 urns were delivered daily, etc.  and when those talking points got debunked enough times, i could move on to the next unverified accusations.

So you are saying that everything that comes out of the CCP is the truth and they didn't fail to inform the rest of the world about the Virus back in early December or that the virus can be spread through Human to Human transmission and the CCP silenced the doctors 

Edited by Patts
  • Like 1

Just now, ChouDoufu said:

Ok. No second wave and all official figures that came out of China are correct.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Patts said:

So you are saying that everything that comes out of the CCP is the truth and they didn't fail to inform the rest of the world about the Virus back in early December or the virus had Human to Human transmission and silence the doctors 

man, meet straw.

no further comment.

else all will be deleted.

5 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

man, meet straw.

no further comment.

else all will be deleted.

Although I doubt it I hope the world and the Chinese people will have the balls to delete the CCP. The most dangerous and repugnant organisation on the face of the planet.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Berti said:

This discussion Chinese against Westerners becomes really theoretical now. Nobody goes to Thailand right now.

Nobody knows which decisions will be made in June.

Thailand will rather destroy the whole international travel and tourism industry before they would risk one more Corona dead. This seems to be sure now.

100%, stupidity at it's finest and will take many years to recover from. Well, the elite have never liked tourists infecting their country, now they don't have any

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

South Korean tourists (men) might be interested in coming to Thailand, but no go go bars or massage parlours open, so no point for them. Hordes of Chinese tourists unlikely with a 14 day quarantine when back in China, Hong Kong and Macau, so that leaves not much.

So china cause all this mayhem but are seemed to be a country that don't pose a threat ???????? <deleted>

Pretty pathetic how the Thai government believes what comes out of the CCP ! I guess they have to get those tourism dollars rolling in again . Anyway I'm going to have too socially distance myself from my refrigerator in order to flatten my curve????

97B9A7B4-FBEC-4B5E-88A6-E46361FF826C.jpeg

I don't think I will ever grasp their ideology for demanding testing prior to travelling. Since you have a 3 day window of opportunity to contract the disease. Testing is pointless. The same goes for the facts that you can have the disease for a few weeks prior to any test being able to show a positive result.