Thai man shot his wife because she wouldn't send his mum 1,000 baht a month

rooster59

3 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Perhaps it would have been better to have pawned or sold the gun and sent the money to his mother.

Perhaps, but that wasn't the point that my comment was in response to.

Edited by Bob A Kneale

On 5/16/2020 at 3:49 PM, Matzzon said:

So, then it´s better to do like you and just accept that basic logic isn´t in the picture, right?

I don't know what would be better or worse for you Matzzon, I am only satisfied with my own reactions to what goes on around me after 25 or so years of

learning how to deal with it all as best I can. How you deal with it is up to you. Best of luck.

9 minutes ago, Dap said:

I don't know what would be better or worse for you Matzzon, I am only satisfied with my own reactions to what goes on around me after 25 or so years of

learning how to deal with it all as best I can. How you deal with it is up to you. Best of luck.

Sad to hear that. One would expect more after 25 years.

• Haha 1

But I bet he still was able to buy his Lao Kao, and wanted the wife to take care of his daily needs.  Typical Thai fragile male ego.  Don't do what I want and you will pay the ultimate price....absolutely stupid in the way women are treated here...

Haha, good lord. Some serious confusion in this thread. I'll help clear it up.

1) He most certainly wasn't working, as are many Thai men. Otherwise he'd send the money to mom himself, and the argument would've never ensued.

2) You know, I like to give Thai men the benefit of the doubt. I really don't believe they're all lazy deadbeats. But just the other day, on Channel 7 news, a young man smashed down his mom's front gate demanding some cash she didn't have. When later confronted by a reporter, my wife tells me, he swears up and down that mom's lying and she's just an awful person.

3) If for some reason your opinion of this guy wasn't affected by him killing his wife, then it should be for a 53 year old not having work, or at least, a thousand baht to send to mom.

4) He did have a gun. I believe those are worth some money. As suggested, he could've sold it and gave the cash to his mom. But I've heard such people cling to such objects, as they do in my home country of 'MURCA, for some of that "manhood" they're in need of.

Edited by CrunchWrapSupreme
clean up
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Blue Muton said:
20 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

Perhaps, but that wasn't the point that my comment was in response to.

Clearly. It was the point that I made.

I can read so I am well aware of the content of your comment.  As you obviously can't understand my point to you, I'll try to make it clearer: why did you direct your comment to me?

5 hours ago, Bob A Kneale said:

I can read so I am well aware of the content of your comment.  As you obviously can't understand my point to you, I'll try to make it clearer: why did you direct your comment to me?

I didn't particularly direct it at you, I just tagged it onto your comment, nothing to get defensive about. 

Money and family in Thailand, is a deadly combination. I have seen it in my own situation,with people willing to kill me for not ruining my own finances to contribute to a family member. As long as this system persists, the murders will continue. A very sad situation for all concerned.

On 5/16/2020 at 12:02 PM, Matzzon said:

When did you become the person who tells me what I should do or not do? Laughable!

Assumptions are the mother of all <deleted>-ups. Remember when you assume it makes an Ass out of u and me.

On 5/16/2020 at 4:49 AM, ubon farang said:

Husband/Honey did you send my mother 1000 Baht this Month? Wife/No I did not?Husband/ Why?Wife /I dont think it is our respnsibility to send 1000 Baht to your monther every month Husband /Ok That deserves i strangle and shoot you Lock him up for life or better still hang him

Admittedly, I wasn't married that long.  But I don't recall any arguments being that straightforward.  There was always a background story and subtext.  Lots of subtext.

4 hours ago, Nevalern said:

Assumptions are the mother of all <deleted>-ups. Remember when you assume it makes an Ass out of u and me.

Sure, but there is just one small problem here. Making an ass out of me is going to work, but making one out of you is going to be close to impossible.