Will Pattaya survive?

nasa123

5 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

no, that is not the only attraction, its my home and i dont do either thai woman nor beer any longer, i will not voluntarily change it for an isaan <deleted>hole

Pray tell what are the other attractions? I am not trying to be difficult here, but I always had a problem understanding why do people choose to live in Pattaya?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, shadowofacloud said:

Pray tell what are the other attractions? I am not trying to be difficult here, but I always had a problem understanding why do people choose to live in Pattaya?

pattaya beats isaan any day o the week regardless what if any brothel you fancy,

firstly its right at the sea so the temperature dont get too hot and not too cold either,

secondly isaan cant compete in variety of goods you can get in pattaya,

especially food variety

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brokenbone said:

pattaya beats isaan any day o the week regardless what if any brothel you fancy,

firstly its right at the sea so the temperature dont get too hot and not too cold either,

secondly isaan cant compete in variety of goods you can get in pattaya,

especially food variety

OK. But you are comparing to Isaan. What about Southern Thailand? Hua Hin? Samui? Phuket? Krabi?

These places are completely out of my radar, because of the overcrowding, mass tourism etc. But they surely are a viable alternative to Pattaya?

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Nonsense Issan beats Pattaya hands down

Issan can compete with Pattaya regarding variety of food, anything you can get there, we can get here.

You never heard of courier delivery?

Surely you mean curry-er with the amount of spices for Indian food that you order.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Pattaya will survive, but the nightlife scene will look very different, after the virus has passed.  

Hold on a minute, is this a glimmer of optimism?!@!!!

Pattaya's not going to dissapear into oblivion just before the world ends?

Are you feeling ok?

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Hold on a minute, is this a glimmer of optimism?!@!!!

Pattaya's not going to dissapear into oblivion just before the world ends?

Are you feeling ok?

You jest, but I have always said Pattaya will not fall into a big hole and disappear.

However, for those who think everything will return to normal, including their favorite places, once the order is given that everything can open again, i think they will be disappointed.  

Many places here will either remain closed, or open again only to close again, but permanently.  

Which establishments will open, and remain open, time will tell.  

14 minutes ago, Leaver said:

You jest, but I have always said Pattaya will not fall into a big hole and disappear.

However, for those who think everything will return to normal, including their favorite places, once the order is given that everything can open again, i think they will be disappointed.  

Many places here will either remain closed, or open again only to close again, but permanently.  

Which establishments will open, and remain open, time will tell.  

Yawn - bi bi.

I don't claim to have a crystal ball.  Maybe Pattaya is over as a nightlife destination.  But if there were even odds in a bookmakers I'd take the side that within 3 years Pattaya is pretty close to what it was last year.  Perhaps fewer bars and agogos than in 2019 but that isn't really a bad thing.

Too much money being made in that town to disappear IMO.  Arguing about what people with lots of Thailand experience think of the town isn't relative.  Those who live there will stay and those in other areas like Issan weren't going anyway.  The test is - will the tourists return.  

Bangkok Thais - yup

Chinese tourists - yup.  They'll be back.

Euro tourists - well winter hasn't changed there so far as I can tell

Sex tourists - duh.  Yes.

Guess we'll know about a year after travel restrictions are lifted.

Edited by jimmybcool

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Sounds like you had a good time to me!

im an equal oppty fellow, not easy being so hansum in LOS, theres plenty to go around...

Hel-looooo, Hey.....Bai Nai?..Huh? Where u go?   Home, thanks, OOooh. I go wit uuuu? Uhh, ok...You pay me money....How much? Up to you...ok How about zero.....<deleted> U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......(wipes tear, walks away) confused...

image.thumb.png.bac4d754b4e4c595e5e75f5bbcc09073.png

Sure it can if they clear out all the garbage and trash lying around , sidewalks, full size city buses, remove dogs and other trash from corners. Then install some classic go-go bars like this one from the 00,s on the pattaylands.   So whats else, not that complicated: waterfront seafood restaurants, malls, hotels. With foreign engineers restore the Beach promenade and coast all the way past Bali hi  to to its past days of glory. De value the baht. If not well actually i could care less, I have enough girls on thr line and the less tourist around here the better. But for the sake of Pattaya if they do not follow the above thats their problem.  

9 minutes ago, DLock said:

Bulldoze it and start again.

I would agree with you I went once 20 years ago it was a dump then it need flattening and build it to a world class resort, sorry it already is

6 hours ago, morrobay said:

image.thumb.png.bac4d754b4e4c595e5e75f5bbcc09073.png

Sure it can if they clear out all the garbage and trash lying around , sidewalks, full size city buses, remove dogs and other trash from corners. Then install some classic go-go bars like this one from the 00,s on the pattaylands.   So whats else, not that complicated: waterfront seafood restaurants, malls, hotels. With foreign engineers restore the Beach promenade and coast all the way past Bali hi  to to its past days of glory. De value the baht. If not well actually i could care less, I have enough girls on thr line and the less tourist around here the better. But for the sake of Pattaya if they do not follow the above thats their problem.  

Not a tattoo in sight.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Depends on the army, and for the mongerers it ain't looking good as they've always had eyes to sterilize the place.

During the past years many new bars opened. The government also extended the opening times and even was discussing to extend them further. I don't have the feeling that they want to sterilize the place. If so the developments of the past years are hard to understand for me. 

15 hours ago, Zikomat said:

Pattaya, as we know it, will not survive. Actually - it is already dead.

And Patong, most of the resorts will be very different after months of no tourists. There are going for a covid-19 free country and 100% control with these QR codes to enter premises. Can you imagine having to QR code to enter a go go or beer bar...

19 hours ago, Zikomat said:

Pattaya, as we know it, will not survive. Actually - it is already dead.

The beauty of libido business is the supply creates the demand. 

As long as the scent disseminates the sucker will come. 

You watch. 

Pattaya will survive as a modern city by the sea, in a tropical set-up suited to retirees, tourists etc

The sex industry will  die a slow death ,irrespective of Covid

Demographic implosion (in Thailand), more economic opportunities, and younger generation(s) of men that are not accustomed to pay for sex and/or use prostitutes will see to that

There may be a temporary uptick after Covid though as a result of economic woes

• Haha 1