Chinese are now on the good list of visitors. How do you feel about it?

Stadtler

Do you believe the virus numbers as reported by the Chinese?  

209 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If the Chinese are  part of what is needed to get Thailand back on track then all well and good. 

But I don't think that initially there will be enough of them to be the saviors at this time.

• Like 1

Just now, sungod said:

Is that like James Bond films, where you have governments fighting against a group of Spectre baddies hid up somewhere?

A clever bit of PR - as if the govts aren't in bed with the "spectre"s of the world - and would be using any "007" types on their behalf. 

But it's not as exciting as the films, though.  See the case of the security-firm "protecting" the Ecuadorian embassy while Assange was there.  Just plant bugs/cameras, pipe the feed to the CIA, rummage through the trash, etc.

9 minutes ago, sungod said:

Is that like James Bond films, where you have governments fighting against a group of Spectre baddies hid up somewhere?

Not like James Bond films, although this would be sexier and would sell more deodorants, It's more like the novel by George Orwell "Animal Farm" are you familiar? 

Actually you remind me of the Pinkeye character.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Who's to say that we don't have Covid-21, 22 etc, they don't seem to have done anything significant to stop new viruses at the wet markets \ labs

I welcome your report on surveying China's wet markets for next years and the subsequent ones viruses.  Maybe you could release their genomes? Thanks.

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Are the numbers reported by Chinese believable?

Which numbers are you talking about ?

If about deads, then please tell us where they put all hidden bodies ??

Didn't you see on TV the report some westerners did after estimating the deads numbers from people queuing at crematoriums? Their estimation was very near of official numbers.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I think you find that we are all not infected, every where has this virus, you can't hide forever!

You are infected with a liking for warm beer and cold pork pies. That's enough for me to consider you as undesirables.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Traubert said:

I welcome your report on surveying China's wet markets for next years and the subsequent ones viruses.  Maybe you could release their genomes? Thanks.

at least get to the bottom of the cause and stop the spread from pangolins to bats or whatever

35 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Who's to say that we don't have Covid-21, 22 etc, they don't seem to have done anything significant to stop new viruses at the wet markets \ labs

PETA claims amid the pandemic, wet markets are still operating in China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Cambodia, the Philippines and Thailand.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/shocking-footage-from-inside-reopened-wet-markets-090657505.html

30 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Which numbers are you talking about ?

If about deads, then please tell us where they put all hidden bodies ??

Didn't you see on TV the report some westerners did after estimating the deads numbers from people queuing at crematoriums? Their estimation was very near of official numbers.

How did you manage to quote something I did not post?

I feel anxious about the rapid and rabid politicalization arising from a pandemic  which in real terms could  have emerged from  many places. 

Generalized and popularized  illification of the population of a country that in terms  of genuine comprehension of the machinations of the controlling elite is  little different to any other only serves the  interests of that elite !

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hayduke said:

China has bought Thailand.....China has paid for Thailand...China sets the rules for Thailand...and China can do as they please with Thailand.

But what about foreign ownership rules? Could be an issue in the future methinks...

6 hours ago, crobe said:

Why not take Australia and New Zealand also off the list as their rates are also own to the Chinese and Korean levels.    

Just guessing, but maybe because they've never been on the list :coffee1:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

This is classic Chinese Belt and Road Initiative.

Yes China will be the manufacturing and distribution hub of the Belt and Road Initiative, an initiative most likely planned following the result of WW2 and an Initiative China had no hope in being a part of if not for assistance and financing. Their roll in the belt and road will not be of dominant military power.

17 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

Will Thailand fall into the debt trap? Repercussions? Why did the Malaysians reject Chinese investment in 2018?

I don't believe Thailand will fall into any great debt as i believe the Thais to be competent negotiators, unless of course Thaksin is reinstated. I don't know why Malaysia rejected Chinese investment, what was the offer of investment for? 

Edited by Heppinger