British police arrest 19 at London protest against social distancing

rooster59

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

The bold gendarmes weren't so bold during the riots  raging a few years ago,there was widespread looting and arson,no police to be seen they must have all been hiding under the tables in the nicks,they then spent the next 18 months going through cctv footage to try to find the looters,

PC Plod loves a chance to work out on a black man when they know they can get away with it.

But the Plod's not daft.

They know full well they'd come unstuck if they tried it on where the locals could witness it. They'd have a full scale riot on their hands if this had happened in Brixton or Peckham.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heppinger said:

You Shouldn't waste your time with adults that are triggered when race is defined, reacting with a tsunami of vomit and ism's.  Of course he only got triggered because he assume's your white and the guy in the photo is black.  If it were the other way round he would have no issues.  And if you were black he would run to you with tail wags and hand licks.  Glowing at the opportunity to virtue signal.  We may be developing a cure for Covid yet there is no cure for Cultural Marxism.

Talking of being triggered...

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, soi3eddie said:

...But my 79 & 82 yrs old parents are going insane on the restrictions on their lives. They want safety through determined leadership. My dear old mom who is the 82yrs said to me today "why was there no health check or quarantine when I returned to Heathrow from Bangkok on 15th February?" also; "if they weren't still allowing global flights from Brazil, New York, China and anywhere else into the UK unchecked then maybe our way of life and economy would not not be so devasted". Life goes on? Maybe for you but not for many in the UK.

Your point is well-taken. And I am not from, nor have I ever been to the UK. So I concede I am speaking on principles and not knowledge specific to the UK. Your concerns are solid.

I bet you five randomly-picked TVFers could come up with reasonable accommodations to achieve a good overall result for all. Why can't our political hacks? And I ask that more of US hacks than those in the UK? I suspect we're in a similar boat in that regard.

Cheers.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

An equally pertinent question might be why the chap in the middle of the group (who I understand is a well connected proponent of the argument that 5G is responsible for all the ills of Covid 19) hasn't combed his hair since 1979? Perhaps it is a protest at Margaret Thatcher's accession to power?

He is Jeremy Corbyns brother. Go figure!

2 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

The sooner people follow the rules, the sooner we can get back to some sort of normality what ever this will be.

Don't worry as soon as the virus is finished with the middles class they will allow you to watch sport again.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Heppinger said:

can you criticize the influence Zionists have over Britain?

Yep. You'll be hounded by others but its your right of free speech just ask David Irving.

I also have the right to criticise the monarchy and government.

You could argue that hate laws are a restriction of freedom of speech I suppose.

Off topic posts and replies have been removed:

• This topic is not about the Lese Majeste laws in Thailand.
  • This topic is not about foreigners lack of rights to buy land in Thailand.

Some posts attempting to drag racism into the topic and the replies have been removed.

Posts using unapproved YouTube videos and the replies have been removed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

Have you looked at where you currently live? Do you really believe the government and human rights are better where you reside now?

Would agree, not better ...... just different.

But getting a beating and arrested for walking in a public park would be outrageous in either country.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, loong said:

True to form with many of these video clips, they are carefully edited so that we don't see what happened beforehand. The man was not standing peacefully and was being led away for a reason. IF he was being led away for no reason, you can be absolutely sure that the earlier section of the video would be shown.

So you think that when a person is being arrested, they should just drop to the ground and the police should then forget about the arrest and just leave them there? It would certainly reduce the prison population.

On your first point the Rodney king incident was a classic example.

12 hours ago, yogi100 said:

Why did the cops not just walk off and leave him on his knees and backside. By restraining him they gave him the attention he was looking for.

What would have been achieved by restraining a person sitting on the ground in a public park.

And what exactly was he being arrested for. You just said he was standing with the officers peacefully. Why would they arrest him for that?

You are trying to hard, you read like someone who has felt the arm of the law and can't get over it.....????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

There were 19 people arrested but you focus on one guy resisting arrest and not cooperating.

Do you think they were all from ethnic groups?

How many of the other 19 were focused upon while being arrested. How many of the others were reportedly 'resisting arrest and not cooperating.'

I did not introduce the video into the discussion. Where is the video of Worzel being arrested if in fact there is such a video.

22 hours ago, nausea said:

This was a deliberately confrontational political protest, claiming the pandemic is fake,

skynews-coronavirus-lockdown_4991789.jpg.c797f631f53c9b9e3697abc5f0625433.jpg

and not some innocent bystanders getting pounced on by the police. Recognise this guy?

skynews-lockdown-protest-hyde-park_4992224.jpg.3fda7ce460be31fa0590c0be98ebe759.jpg

As for the headline photo, obviously incited; yeah, we all know the trick - "Police Brutality, Police Brutality".

But it obviously is fake.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Phil McCaverty said:

My daughter is working in A&E in a UK hospital. Ask her.

She and her colleagues absolutely despise people like you and the protesters. She puts her life at risk every day when she goes to work, caring for the very sick and dying whilst people like you spread the message that its OK to ignore the restrictions which contributes to spreading the virus, giving her more patients and further putting her life at risk.

Shame on you and the protesters.

What did your daughter make of the dance video made by NHS colleagues in an empty (ie no patients) NHS ward using a very expensive xray machine as a sledge..?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2