Pattaya Malls re-opening the new set up and QR codes....

redwood1

11 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Correct, that's what's happening in South Korea, China before that. Authorities will be alerted and they have your details, track you down and zappppp.

News from Richard Barrow, Lotus, BigC, Tops all doing the same QR code even some 7/11s.

Makro also

6 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

What is the QR code information used for? Can Farang use also? 

I was at the supermarket yesterday. Mask.Write name and phone number,Temperature check,hand wash. Leaving the store write name and phone number.....

only 1 pen.. could possibly transfer virus...

General idea is if someone becomes infected their movements and times can be tracked ......potential further infected people can be notified

On the other hand it smacks of big brother considering we have only had 50 deaths

• Like 1

I can barely dial my phone now they want me to use some type of UR code, yesterday I went to Big C extra to eat but do to our numbers we couldn't we would have had to use 3 tables minimum so we left and went down the road to a Thai restaurant no such requirement.  On the way home drove around the Lake no such following of any rules, no mask cars parked everywhere people drinking liquor socializing back of their cars side carts everywhere selling food and drinks I thought it was a holiday celebration. On the Pong side they had a full soccer game going on with spectators even the police across the road was watching. 

If this is an indication and there is no uptick I say lets go for broke and hope the hot weather keeps us safe!

13 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

. Leaving the store write name and phone number.....

Why bother writing any thing when leaving the store....Just bloody walk out......Are they going to stop you?....I think not...

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

LOL, I can easily hear someone 6 feet away, plastic or no.  Heck, some hotel rooms I used to stay in here, you could hear through the walls. ???? 

LOL.......You like talking though plastic....Have at it and enjoy yourself......I will be removing this plastic nonsense from my table or just not dinning there...

Edited by redwood1

4 hours ago, Antonymous said:

If the Government is intent on creating a new world of permanent and total tracking they are going to have to issue QR devices to everyone to be carried on their person at all times, or this will never work. Let's hope that never happens.

It has been demonstrated and often discussed that the next stage after lock-downs are relaxed will have to be track and trace, along with distancing and perhaps masks. Isn't this how South Korea effectively kept its deaths and infections quite low? (Only 263 deaths). I don't expect it will be permanent unless you live in China, and personally, if I am in contact with someone infected, I would not mind being tracked and told about it. 

In Australia, the non compulsory tracking app only records contacts of at least 15 minutes duration. Recognizes that you’re exceedingly unlikely to catch the China virus from proximity to an infected person in a shop for only a minute or so. Almost no supermarket cashiers have been infected, despite interacting with dozens of customers every day for the same reason.

11 minutes ago, SidJames said:

I was in Central Marina & had to sign in & out.

I noticed that Donald Trump & Sid Vicious had both been in before me which was plain ridiculous as we all know that Sid died a long while ago so it couldn't possibly have been him.

Yeah it could - you know how Thais believe in ghosts! ????

3 hours ago, DJ54 said:

In the UK when schools return next month, children won't be allowed to take pencil cases with them as they don't want pencils/pens shared, the same applies to offices, no sharing.

The whole idea of signing with a communal pen could spread a virus, duh

Another good reason to chuck away your smartphone. Preferable to throwing away what's left of your freedom.

All those in favour say "Ayepad!"

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Raphus said:

Gentlemen.

This is the new way of life for the next 12 months at least. Especially if there is a second wave during the coming winter.

Please just accept the way life is. No matter what country you live in now you will be experiencing the same thing.

Being old and Victor Meldrew over this crisis which is out of your hands and every other joe blogs is not going to do your health any good...

Suck it up...

Welcome to the new world...

Ready to start sucking?

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/14/world/moscow-cyber-tracking-qr-code-intl/index.html

12 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

Postage charges have gone up since the virus with Amazon. Shipping to Thailand for a CD has gone up from £3.58 to just under £22. Needless to say my buying CD's from Amazon has stopped for now.

Who still buys CDs and pays for shipping? Have you heard of the internet and online music?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, salsajapan said:

So do we have to download the application thai channa ? does it work for all shops ?

If you have Line, you can use that instead of downloading the entire. That is probably a less intrusive way because the Line method won't be tracking your movements with GPS - just check-in and check-out of locations,

4 hours ago, brucec64 said:

If you have Line, you can use that instead of downloading the entire. That is probably a less intrusive way because the Line method won't be tracking your movements with GPS - just check-in and check-out of locations,

Sure. Thai government wanted the data of all Line users since 2014, and Line Japan declined.

Now, since the Line Rabbit Venture (read venture with BTS Public Thai company), your data is no longer an issue for the government.

18 hours ago, BigStar said:

Excellent. Spend more that way. ????

THAT'll show 'em. Bankruptcy is just around the corner.

50 baht more wont break the bank.

Down with the Thai government big brother stuff.

but it's ok for the sheeple. 

On 5/17/2020 at 8:28 PM, Stadtler said:

How idiotic is this?  So when my son and I go out, I have to distance from him?

That's stupid.

Totaly agree with you and many others who think about this the same way , the screens should be on the side of the table seperating you from other tables next to you where the strangers sit . 

On 5/17/2020 at 9:46 PM, wasabi said:

I hate to say it but if Amazon were available in Thailand that would improve my happiness here more than almost anything else I can think of

55555 i tend to agree but if it's run by thai staff i geuss your happiness will be over very fast ????

On 5/18/2020 at 12:31 AM, tribalfusion001 said:

Correct, that's what's happening in South Korea, China before that. Authorities will be alerted and they have your details, track you down and zappppp.

News from Richard Barrow, Lotus, BigC, Tops all doing the same QR code even some 7/11s.

Don't think it's a very bad idea if someone's infected and you visited these places or place wouldn't you want to know ??? And if there's a new breakout(or wave ,whatever) it's a good way to try to get a hold of it and be there from the start so they can follow it , same as what happened at the thaiboks stadium . 

21 hours ago, tribalfusion001 said:

children won't be allowed to take pencil cases with them as they don't want pencils/pens shared

How will banning pencil cases stop them from sharing a pencil ! :crazy:  are they mandating pens/pencils are surgically grafted onto each persons hand ?   not to mention the fact that they will be running around touching every other thing and sticking fingers in eyes,nose and mouth all day..just more "Covidiocy"

6 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Totaly agree with you and many others who think about this the same way , the screens should be on the side of the table seperating you from other tables next to you where the strangers sit . 

They seem to be focusing on lone diners and not considering couples and families, a bit naive. I hope they will figuure it out soon, and you will be able to say  'table for 3' and suitable blinds be moved accordingly.