Covid-19: Keep the "dangerous" pubs and bars shut say the majority of Thais in poll

webfact

Open air pubs should pose no threat providing social distancing is observed. Sweaty GoGo, Karaoke and Girly bars should remain closed until deemed safe to open. If there is a further virus problem it will spread quickly in Bars where Bar Girls are employed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

No Curfew in the part of Kanchanaburi that i reside. Started off great and got a good nights sleep but now its hell. People flying past our house all hours. My suggestion would be not having compotent police is far more dangerous but what do i know....?

Most Thais dont want these places shut. Maybe muslims or misfits...?

You are joking right? Most Thais drink around each others houses, Bars are far too expensive for them, the bar culture is only in tourist places apart from hiso's and middle classes which can't be more than 15% of the population...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously no money from international tourist is bad. But what is the alternative?

Until now Thailand has very few Covid cases and very very few death. How would that change if tourists come into Thailand unchecked? Do we need to have hundreds of dead people everyday to act? Or is it better to stay alert so that the situation does not get worse?

Maybe just open i.e. Phuket for international tourist - and close them for everybody else. And then see what happens.

Unfortunately, you cannot isolate communities like Phuket and Pattaya, due to the logistics of supplies in and out. In fact any town cannot be truly isolated.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

I know you are one of the puritanical junta fans so your response was expected

I'm more of a fan of surviving, for my family and others. Selfishness is what led countries to their abysmal death rates compared to others. Foreigners imported their ignorance here, thank Buddha they can't impose their poor decision making..

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

No Curfew in the part of Kanchanaburi that i reside. Started off great and got a good nights sleep but now its hell. People flying past our house all hours. My suggestion would be not having compotent police is far more dangerous but what do i know....?

. Maybe muslims or misfits...?

While I fully understand your dismay, I have to ask where is your evidence for the statement "Most Thais dont want these places shut"?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

If the bars where allowed to open you would be sat alone anyway

I think you'd be surprised

Every expat and his brother would be out on the lash plus there are still quite a few people here "stranded"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

And of course there are a lot of Thais who dislike Westerners anyway.

I must be lucky, the vast majority of Thais I deal with are pleasant to me, and I don't think it's due to any good looks or charismatic charm. I speak adequate Thai, and never raise my voice, even in the most aggravating of circumstances.

I'd suggest the Westerners that are disliked by Thais are those who refuse to learn Thai, shout to get what they want, and generally display the cultural sensitivity of a Christian fundamentalist offering a Muslim bacon.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, donmuang37 said:

Break out your university statistics; the sample size is fine. Your other concerns, however, are quite valid.

Larger is always better, the more important point is how was it selected.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1

Most Thais dont want these places shut. Maybe muslims or misfits...?

Your racism is showing. Cover up please. It's offensive. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

If the bars where allowed to open you would be sat alone anyway

Yeah, I'm wondering how the bar girls are going to do a bit of lap dancing from 2 meters away.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ebean001 said:

Dear Thai people, Please study what the USA did in the 1920's concerning alcohol. (they outlawed alcohol). Then study what it did to their desire for alcohol. If all the bars are shut down in Thailand it would seem, based on the USA experience, you can expect a huge disaster to society. Up to you to take a look at American Prohibition...19020s 

There is no suggestion of banning alcohol only certain places where you can drink it

Not everyone drinks alcohol in bars and clubs

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Ha ha,,,,,,,, a blind man on a galloping horse can see what these lot are up to.... They've always wanted to close the bars and get rid of those "Dirty Farangs", and if Anutins outbursts are not enough to convince you that we're on the chopping block then you're severely deluded or smoking krak !  Isn't it strange how they decimated all the good bars and discos in Sukhumvit and the only ones that have remained are all the ones with too much Police connection to shut down due to the fact that they're still armed....   It's over boys, she's going down......... Abandon ship !   

• Thanks 2