Repatriation surge sees more than 1,000 Thais return in two days

snoop1130

One doesn't know each person's different circumstance, but given a choice I would stay put rather than get on a plane with 200+ strangers for several hours.

But being without work or money in a foreign land will be most unpleasant.

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Nonsense. The measure was announced by the PM on the 2nd Apr and the incident whereby returning Thais rebelled at Suvarnabhumi airport and refused to go into compulsory quarantine took place on the 3rd Apr. 

All returnees since then have been placed into 14 day quarantine, including the 'Swampy rebels'.

You are quite right - my sense of time passing has been distorted by never leaving the house, and I totally misremembered the dates.

3 hours ago, n00dle said:

I find threads like this helpful in thst they give me a good idea of who here is simply a miserable waste of skin.

And who to add to my 'ignore list', which has grown pretty long since Covid 19 killed off.

3 hours ago, Skallywag said:

I just do not understand how the DDC cannot test several hundred people for Covid in one day.  Other countries are testing 1000's per day.  Test them, and let those who are uninfected go on about their lives.  

How are they planning on dealing with international tourism in July-August without testing those who enter on arrival?   

Because many people can be asymptomatic, yet still be carrying virus and test negative. The quarantine period is vital to allow for the incubation period. 

• Like 1

I thought it had been found th ed incubation time is longer than 14 days.  Are they tested at day  12,13m   3 negative  tests.  No one is allowed to go to the home in province  and self quarantine?  

I dont see how a comment about more people for the free food que is so insulting?  In any cases it may be true.  Obviously these are mostly workers  returning  from abroad.   It's good there is free food.