Exclusive: 86 year old British expat left "starving and mistreated" by Thai family on his way home to UK

rooster59

44 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

after being raised in a 1st world nation with its supposedly superior educational system you would have thought his critical thinking skills were better honed than this, perhaps he was booze addled...

Indeed. I'm surprised his family let him come. 

I feel sorry for the families of pensioners coming here, seeing their inheritance going to Noi from Buriram, or Poo from Sakhon Nakhon. . 

My good friend died last year and none of his kids, grandkids or great grandkids came to the funeral, they had disowned him. He had a new loving family as it turned out, but so sad about his old family. 

Edited by Neeranam

Unfortunately when the farang will be a burden (meaning his money will barely be enough to cover his medical bills and then some)  most 'loving thai wifes' will have no shame in disposing of you (or thinking of dispose of you). especially when there is a big language barrier between and  relationship is not top notch.

I know quite a few cases of this happening and it's sad really. As these guys had enough money to buy houses and offer them a good life 10 years ago but he needed the financial effort the most ( due to health condition) ... people just abandon you and try to send you home. In Europe there is a saying for better or (for) worse. Seems to be missing in Thailand.

I am not saying that all thai women are that because that is not true but there are enough with that judgement. And they have no shame in doing so.

Edited by anon7854
  • Thanks 1

Why he's going without his dog? 

Somebody was raising money already, isn't it? 

It's around 1000 Euro. (Thai) However to wait for the rabies result for some days. 

Rotten character to leave his best friend alone. ????

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Grusa said:

Is he?

Not necessarily.

All is hearsay, not even balance of probability.

There are a few dodgy Declans and Rons around, to name but 6, but I am a confirmed  cynic.

Not sure what you are saying?  You need help anyone abusing you?

10 hours ago, checkered flag said:

To say the Thais robbed him is is wrong. His stupidity did it. A previous article said he was 83, so things don't add up.

I think that this whole story is made up at the expense of the Thais and Brits. Someone wants to rip off kind hearted people with a "go Fund Me" scam.

Why dont you go to Hua Hin and front Declan if you are so sure that he is running a scam ?

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Mulambana said:

This tells it all. At 79, he cmes to Thailand to find a bride with his meagre pension. Who on earth does that? And I still dont not understand why he loves Thailand. Temples and beaches? Give me a break!

I would give you any broken bone of your choice, "Mulambana", how, possibly, soft minded (stupid?) the man might have been, does it, anywhere(!), justify the ordeal this family of Scrooges exposed hin too? How small his retirement pension may have been, they took it, didn't they? And when it would have been smaller than what his dog's treatment did cost those bastards, do you think they wouldn't have thrown him out on the street, hmm? What a bad person can you be!

"But I am not going to get involved with any Thai women again".

Same for me !

Married for 18 years with a thai woman (mother of my daughter) but acting like a prostitute : no love, no affection, no compassion, nothing !! But happy to live in a comfortable home, eating (expensive) organic food, seafood and else, using the aircon 24/24 for free, and enjoying my money "falling from the sky".

She never worked in a bar/massage/... but her selfish buddhist culture was obvious for all my friends. I stayed with her because I love so much my daughter and I didn't want to leave her alone with her (censored) mother to finish (maybe) raped by her mother's new boyfriend.

Like him, I will never live with another thai woman. 23 years in Thailand teach you many things about Thai women, especially their greed. Love ? Nope ! Smile ? Yes !

As many asian countries, Thailand is one big reservoir of twisted female brains.

Edited by pijo1234
edit
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pijo1234 said:

"But I am not going to get involved with any Thai women again".

Same for me !

Married for 18 years with a thai woman (mother of my child) but acting like a prostitute : no love, no affection, no compassion, nothing !! But happy to live in a comfortable home, eating (expensive) organic food, seafood and else, using the aircon 24/24 for free, and enjoying my money "falling from the sky".

Like him, I will never live with another thai woman. 23 years in Thailand teach you many things about Thai women, especially their greed. Love ? Nope ! Smile ? Yes !

So your wife was not allowed to use YOUR aircon?

Wow! She picked a winner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

So your wife was not allowed to use YOUR aircon?

Wow! She picked a winner.

I don't mean the aircon was only for me, I just mean she was enjoying a luxury life without giving a damn about expenses as soon as money "fall free from the sky" as she was often saying to me and her friends. Money money money .... nothing else in their twisted brain (confirmed by the story about this old british guy and thousands in the same situation) !

I am happy for you if your partner is not addicted by "farang" money.

Edited by pijo1234
edit
  • Like 1

I hope the old chap get to UK  and has learnedthat not allThais are good people, just

like that all over the world. Some people on this forum are likely younger and can

still take cold Winters. There are many tho with joint  and back pain who find that

hot weather is easier on them, as well as the moist air.  There are also some poster

who live in their bubble and cannot think outside of it.  Someday you will be 

old as well.  

Geezer

12 hours ago, checkered flag said:

To say the Thais robbed him is is wrong. His stupidity did it. A previous article said he was 83, so things don't add up.

I think that this whole story is made up at the expense of the Thais and Brits. Someone wants to rip off kind hearted people with a "go Fund Me" scam.

You’re just plain nasty. Never say never.....you might just find yourself in need one day. I hope you don’t bump into you.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Tarteso said:

The real voice of experience!

Glad that this man will recover the Smile ????

I got few friends married w Thai wives, 4 out of 5 delighted. Got more friends telling me about girl friends cheating, since at the end they got the nick name of sponsors, but also many whom are happy with this situation, all into all, I guess its about the same in most countries or there wont be that many divorces around the farang world. You are lucky or unlucky thats the conclusion.