Exclusive: 86 year old British expat left "starving and mistreated" by Thai family on his way home to UK

rooster59

13 hours ago, Mulambana said:

This tells it all. At 79, he cmes to Thailand to find a bride with his meagre pension. Who on earth does that? And I still dont not understand why he loves Thailand. Temples and beaches? Give me a break!

This tells it all. At 79, he cmes to Thailand to find a bride with his meagre pension. Who on earth does that? And I still dont not understand why he loves Thailand. Temples and beaches? Give me a break!

I cannot understand why your there what your reason the same as him

Plenty of dogs around ????

13 hours ago, Neeranam said:

You are 86 years old, you fool. 

Why on earth would you try to have a relationship at this age in a foreign culture? 

Ever consider that they might just be after your money? 

Why shouldn’t he gave a relationship with someone of a foreign culture? He chose the wrong girl but he’s entitled to some happiness. Easy to judge and dismiss someone older as a fool but who are you to say that? 

• Like 2

Things like this happen all over the World.

At least he was not getting a daily beat down like in Detroit

Detroit: 20-Yr-Old Black Supremacist Films Himself Beating Up Elderly Nursing Home Patients

http://12160.info/profiles/blogs/detroit-20-yr-old-black-supremacist-films-himself-beating-up-elde

When was the last time YOU went to a Old Folks Home, to see what you could do to help ?

Just remember that one day you will be in Old Shoes too.

14 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

What a pity that he didn't have the foresight to seek out your expert opinion before moving to Thailand.

In a civil nation with a honest lady money not play a huge roll. And who is she anyway. Just another gutter rat 

15 hours ago, Mulambana said:

Who are you to question his life wishes.

• Like 2

Need to hear  the Thai side of the story really ..Theres usually 3 sides his hers and the truth ..Anyway it's good to go home reconnect with the family and hopefully get his life sorted out .But chances are he will go home miss the girl and head back ..Ive seen it happen many times 

8 hours ago, mickyboy said:

He come back UK Sunday with 300 on plane not knowing who got Covid 19 then travel just to make him feel better 36.500 have died here over 12.000 old people welcome back 

Great. Going to a high risk area, being old and poorly nourished, most likely to a nursing home are all troublesome to me. 

10 hours ago, pijo1234 said:

"But I am not going to get involved with any Thai women again".

Same for me !

Married for 18 years with a thai woman (mother of my daughter) but acting like a prostitute : no love, no affection, no compassion, nothing !! But happy to live in a comfortable home, eating (expensive) organic food, seafood and else, using the aircon 24/24 for free, and enjoying my money "falling from the sky".

She never worked in a bar/massage/... but her selfish buddhist culture was obvious for all my friends. I stayed with her because I love so much my daughter and I didn't want to leave her alone with her (censored) mother to finish (maybe) raped by her mother's new boyfriend.

Like him, I will never live with another thai woman. 23 years in Thailand teach you many things about Thai women, especially their greed. Love ? Nope ! Smile ? Yes !

As many asian countries, Thailand is one big reservoir of twisted female brains.

You wrote > Like him, I will never live with another thai woman. 23 years in Thailand teach you many things about Thai women, especially their greed. Love ? Nope ! Smile ? Yes !

Thai women with no love and greedy for money?  Many posters on this Forum - including myself - have very different experience.

And I cannot relate to the 'selfish buddhist culture' you are mentioning, I would say on the contrary.

People are attracted to the type of partner that suits them (even though the relation may turn sour afterwards).  I am very happy living here with my loving, caring and beautiful thai lady - and same goes for all the farang friends I have with a thai lady, all of them them tell me their lady is an absolute gem. 

Once your daughter leaves your house, you will surely also meet and have the chance to start a relation with a non-fake thai lady but in order for that to happen your prejudice against thai ladies all being money-hungry, selfish and uncaring monsters has to change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, checkered flag said:

Colin,

I know you have mobility issue and probably spend too much time on TV. I'm sorry for that but it gives you a very distorted view of Thailand and the world. I plan and take care of myself and family. I've been around long enough to hear a lot of cock and bull stories and need more verification than a story on social media. What bothers me more is it insinuates that Thais are not honest and only want to grab your money. 

I frequently contribute to social causes here. 

If the author had written up follow up stories and pictures of "Ron" leaving or taking him to the British consulate would be more believable. As it stand I view it as a scam. If you want to give to a scam OK but not me.

Well, that's a totally different tone than your previous posts, which rightfully provoked outrage with those that are not so sure like yourself that this is an obvious scam.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Maybe??? What surprises me most is his daughter never seemed to worry before????

Sad if it were true, that could be another problem, but ... Who knows the real history of this old man?

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

Well mate, some Thais are the most caring people you could find anywhere.

Sadly there are many who are not caring, only want money.

My wife is the most caring person you could ever meet, her family the complete opposite.

One time wife unable to get home before 21.30, asked 1 of her sisters to prepare some food for me, bring it and water to me, she never came, ( now that happened when i was bedridden, unable to do anything myself).

Another occasion, my wife was away on school business, another of her sisters was asked to come, help me on my bed ( i am unable to sit in my chair more than 4 hours), she never came, my wife arrived home at 23.00, i had been stuck in my chair since 08.00.

And I bet ya they all bow heads with their little hands in praying gesture ???? ????????

• Haha 1

On 5/24/2020 at 8:52 AM, Skallywag said:

If he can make it upstairs to a bed, I would think he could make it to a store and get his own food and drink.  When I approach that age, I plan to be walking distance from a bank, a hospital, a market, and a dentist.   

Glad he got the help he needed and has family to return to 

You have good intentions now, but many plans can go awry.

Poor him and the sadest part is that he wants to return again! TH is a great place...but not with 86. If you have a Thai family, kids here (and I mean OWN kids, not married into)....then it’s a different story. 

But all other scenarios will end in a disaster. 

• Like 1

On 5/24/2020 at 11:38 AM, Mulambana said:

Sad story !! But let this be a lesson to all the imbeciles that want to come to settle in Thailand - period !! Yeh, yeh I love her, she loves me. All you're in love with is the moist spot between her legs. Sadly there are many idiots like this  sad, deluded man. By all means come on holidays regularly, enjoy yourselves, return home and delete her number on your phone.

story continues here:

Home at last! "Starving and mistreated" British pensioner back in England "eating nonstop"

fund2.jpg.6e35ceba7699dcbcba5930cc1bfe397e.jpg.be58ca488fc9ac4f61f210eb74595157.jpg

The 86 year old man who relatives and a rescuer claimed was starved and mistreated by a Thai family has made it safely back to the UK.

//CLOSED//
/Admin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1