Went to visit the showroom/office for Raimon Land's The River condo, having received an invitation to do so over Songkran. Having spent so much money on advertising and general promotion, it is so strange that they then employ inexperienced girls whose sales skills are so inadequate. Firstly to encounter them sleeping en masse on the sofas was a bit of surprise, but perhaps indicative of how little interest they have had. But then to listen to a very amateurish sales pitch, which included a number of remarks about certain things being undecided, (eg Tower B being for serviced apartments or for sale as condos), and the release of only certain floors for sale, (the lower ones) and at prices ranging ffrom THB138-144k psqm, despite the initial claim that the prices were "about THB100k psqm". Well in my book there's quite a large variance between 100 and 144. Rather ironic that the sales blah includes a reference to this becoming Bangkok's premier location. It might have been worthwhile spending a little on better training the sales team, as it's created quite the opposite impression for me and others visiting.

These prices are also pretty punchy in the current climate.

Went to visit the showroom/office for Raimon Land's The River condo, having received an invitation to do so over Songkran. Having spent so much money on advertising and general promotion, it is so strange that they then employ inexperienced girls whose sales skills are so inadequate. Firstly to encounter them sleeping en masse on the sofas was a bit of surprise, but perhaps indicative of how little interest they have had. But then to listen to a very amateurish sales pitch, which included a number of remarks about certain things being undecided, (eg Tower B being for serviced apartments or for sale as condos), and the release of only certain floors for sale, (the lower ones) and at prices ranging ffrom THB138-144k psqm, despite the initial claim that the prices were "about THB100k psqm". Well in my book there's quite a large variance between 100 and 144. Rather ironic that the sales blah includes a reference to this becoming Bangkok's premier location. It might have been worthwhile spending a little on better training the sales team, as it's created quite the opposite impression for me and others visiting.

Not an enouraging sign !!!!!!

maybe the things are selling themselves. That is why the girls don't need to try too hard.

If things were desperate, they be jumping (figuratively) all over you.

Maybe it is just reverse phsyhology.

One thing is for sure, the dudes at Raimon Land aren't silly.

maybe the things are selling themselves. That is why the girls don't need to try too hard.

If things were desperate, they be jumping (figuratively) all over you.

Maybe it is just reverse phsyhology.

One thing is for sure, the dudes at Raimon Land aren't silly.

Fixed hourly rate to do the job? -let's sleep till the shift is over.

It would be quite different if there is high commission for the girls after the deal is sealed.

for those of you keeping score at home:

Backflip: 0

Thaigoon: 0

Reality: 1

2007 YOY #'s will be worse

post-41241-1176829854_thumb.jpg

That's an overall picture. It doesn't mean that every single property is struggling to sell. (I hope even you can understand what an "average" means.) I also was talking specifically about the story in the OP. To me, I didn't get any sense of deperation from the sellers' part at all.

Like K. Samran said, "If things were desperate, they be jumping (figuratively) all over you."

That's an overall picture. It doesn't mean that every single property is struggling to sell. (I hope even you can understand what an "average" means.) I also was talking specifically about the story in the OP. To me, I didn't get any sense of deperation from the sellers' part at all.

Like K. Samran said, "If things were desperate, they be jumping (figuratively) all over you."

Mode, median? The OP's point seems clear that the sales process is somewhat flawed, especially at those prices. What is interesting is that virtually the only positives one get about the property market are from those with vested interests in it. A real world example was the small {based on projections} impact that the Sky Train had on values. This was of course because many Thai would not be seen dead on it to this day.

Regards

/edit spelling //

Edited by A_Traveller

I think this was Harrison's project buy 4 units get one free targetting investors as opposed to owner occupiers.

I think over the next 12 months you will see alot of interesting promotions...

Edited by quiksilva

Mode, median? The OP's point seems clear that the sales process is somewhat flawed, especially at those prices. What is interesting is that virtually the only positives one get about the property market are from those with vested interests in it. A real world example was the small {based on projections} impact that the Sky Train had on values. This was of course because many Thai would not be seen dead on it to this day.

Regards

/edit spelling //

I'm sorry your statement is impirically and verifiable false. Everyone, except street people (those who sleep on the street) have a vested interest in property i.e. a roof over their head. The question becomes who drives the property market up and who attempts to bring it down, motivations on both sides need to be equally considered. BTW two years ago I was told the skytrain was too expensive for Thias and was empty, during a two week holiday I never got a seat, they need to extend the length of their trains (I suspect already planned for, unlike the west)

I wish the "average" number of posts per day you spew out would decrease...

Perhaps you should take a bloody plane back to this town and see for yourself the collapse, rather than pontificating from afar about matters you you are ignorant of!

I wish the "average" number of posts per day you spew out would decrease...

Perhaps you should take a bloody plane back to this town and see for yourself the collapse, rather than pontificating from afar about matters you you are ignorant of!

Glad you pointed this out Andrew.

Sure he is just a rich kid with a chip on his shoulder at uni in the states (judging by the times he post on here) who has no mates so comes on here trying to score points with us poor low class tourists.

you're not going to get any real life self esteme this way Thaigoon.

:o:D "the collapse".

Glad you find it so funny. Your compatriates that actually have to live, work and do business here do not and your attitude, whilst insulated by life in USA makes them sick... :D

Judging by the way you interpretted that post of mine, you obviously aren't one of the shrapest tools in the shed.

Let me try again: "the collapse" :D

:o:D "the collapse".

Glad you find it so funny. Your compatriates that actually have to live, work and do business here do not and your attitude, whilst insulated by life in USA makes them sick... :D

Judging by the way you interpretted that post of mine, you obviously aren't one of the shrapest tools in the shed.

Let me try again: "the collapse" :D

Hmmm. The emoticon you used was the lol (laugh out loud). How is this misunderstood?? It seems I interpretted (sic) your post in the shrapest (sic) state of mind, but you simply have no clue what you are talking about. Give up before you embarass youself and ashame your countrymen (that actually live here) still further...