Retirement healthassurance, I must die when 75 ?

I am under establisment to end up with a retirement visa for have my retirement in Thailand.

I was making studies in the assurance rules for assurances, to cover and satisfie the IMO, I here see that the assurance companies only wish to cover until the age of 75, and then what ?

I had to die when I became 75 years or I had to move out of Thailand ?

• Like 1

The insurance is not required unless you have a Non-OA long stay visa.

If you get the insurance before the age of 76 they will continue your insurance. From one the companies webpage.

Entry age up to 75 years old and Renewability to age 100 years.

Look at a few of them shown here. https://longstay.tgia.org/home/companiesoa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tonray said:

Many companies cover you until 99 IF you first buy insurance before a certain age....maybe 62 or 65 I think

Thanks, I must get informations from more compagnies.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The insurance is not required unless you have a Non-OA long stay visa.

If you get the insurance before the age of 76 they will continue your insurance. From one the companies webpage.

Entry age up to 75 years old and Renewability to age 100 years.

Look at a few of them shown here. https://longstay.tgia.org/home/companiesoa

Thanks Ubonjoe, you know so much, then it should not be a problem. I will begin to read the small letters and find an assurance compagny on the list.

Hello,

You should submit your problem to PACIFIC CROSS, as it seems to me that, for some time, insurance has been postponed to 90 years, without the 75 age limit.
This will allow waiting on any change in coverage of our insurance or a trip (when?) To a border post.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I was making a fast look at the yearly expences, from the different compagnies on the list.

I am not sure we shall bring names here, but the cheapest assurance for a person 60-65 years old is from 15.000 bath a year going up til 33000 a year in the high age.

I have not read all the small letters, there can be reasons to change the price in the small letters.

It may have changed but I found that while companies will renew your policy as you pass each birthday, they will not, of course, guarantee the premium. I was effectively priced out by an incease to 3 x previous year premium despite no claims.  And if the insurance is mandatory then I guess you pay up or leave the country?

• Like 1

Yes problem. Never had health insurance,lived out of UK for 20 odd years now.

If govt. hospital cannot fix I go to India,Calcutta to be exact,2 hours away,finest and cheapest care in the world.   had my prostate fixed at a fraction of Thai price,was getting my eyes lasered there until covid crisis took hold  MRI ,cancer testing ,all good treatments available

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, beau thai said:

It may have changed but I found that while companies will renew your policy as you pass each birthday, they will not, of course, guarantee the premium. I was effectively priced out by an incease to 3 x previous year premium despite no claims.  And if the insurance is mandatory then I guess you pay up or leave the country?

What company was that?

Most of the major insurers have a set price based upon age that does in fact increase with age.

I am with Aetna and have been told no matter how much I used, they would never raise my rate above the pre-determined age adjusted premium.

32 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I am with Aetna and have been told no matter how much I used, they would never raise my rate above the pre-determined age adjusted premium.

From LMG:

7. Renewal year premium will be adjusted according to increasing age of each insured person. Each insured person may be charged higher, up to 100 percent of standard premium, according to claims experiences

36 minutes ago, izod10 said:

Yes problem. Never had health insurance,lived out of UK for 20 odd years now.

If govt. hospital cannot fix I go to India,Calcutta to be exact,2 hours away,finest and cheapest care in the world.   had my prostate fixed at a fraction of Thai price,was getting my eyes lasered there until covid crisis took hold  MRI ,cancer testing ,all good treatments available

What happens if you suffer a debilitating illness and cannot travel to India ? Stroke, MI, head injury, vehicular accident ? 

37 minutes ago, tonray said:

What happens if you suffer a debilitating illness and cannot travel to India ? Stroke, MI, head injury, vehicular accident ? 

Yes all these things too,but then the insurance coverage will not cover most of the above at 75 plus.   Knew a guy 65 or something ,he was paying 5000 GBP a year   100 ponds a week,even that did not cover him,back to UK quick-quick

• Like 2

2 hours ago, finnsk said:

I was making a fast look at the yearly expences, from the different compagnies on the list.

I am not sure we shall bring names here, but the cheapest assurance for a person 60-65 years old is from 15.000 bath a year going up til 33000 a year in the high age.

I have not read all the small letters, there can be reasons to change the price in the small letters.

Since early March 2020 finally an affordable thai IO-approved health-insurance policy is on offer. LMG Insurance provides such a policy (Plan 1 with a 200K deductible) for people in the age-bracket 51-75 for a first-year premium of 6.000 THB to 11.400 THB.

Content-wise that policy is totally worthless, but it can be used to meet the health-insurance requirement when applying for an O-A extension of stay. 

> I did PM you a comprehensive guideline document on how to convert to or apply for a Non Imm O - retirement Visa.  The requirements/conditions when applying for the 1-year extension of that Non Imm O - retirement Visa are exactly the same as for a Non Imm O-A Visa extension but do NOT require the thai IO-approved health-insurance scam.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon when logged-in to the Forum.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2020 at 11:24 AM, izod10 said:

I go to India,Calcutta to be exact,2 hours away,finest and cheapest care in the world.  

That's interesting izod10..... because every time (there have only been 3-4) that I am in Bumrungrad, the place seems to be full up with Indians & Arabs......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

That's interesting izod10..... because every time (there have only been 3-4) that I am in Bumrungrad, the place seems to be full up with Indians & Arabs......

No idea of Arabs,but from seeing the doctors in BKK hospitals Id say there are a fair few Indian doctors

• Like 2